Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2019, 03:14 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,056,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Try a Snickers, you're not you when you're hungry!
Thorazine might be more effective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2019, 03:34 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,642,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosilly View Post
Hey morons.........mccain lied about President Trump when he, along with the America hating left pushed the FAKE dossier.
mccain lied.........dead or not.........he was a liar. War hero or not.......HE LIED about the President.
McCain came into receipt of a copy of the dossier and passed it along to the FBI as he was legally bound to do.
Nothing more.

Trump on the other hand outright lied about his involvement in McCain’s funeral.

Statement from the National Cathedral:

““Washington National Cathedral was honored to host the funeral service for Senator John McCain," the cathedral spokesperson said. "All funerals and memorial services at the Cathedral are organized by the family of the deceased."
"Only a state funeral for a former president involves consultation with government officials," he continued. "No funeral at the Cathedral requires the approval of the president or any other government official.”

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...TdXkecnuVEMJw0

Old 03-22-2019, 03:35 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,691,612 times
He really IS nuts.

Old 03-22-2019, 03:42 PM

673 posts, read 463,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
If you don't take the time to disseminate the "fake" from the "factual" yourself; you can hardly call others morons.

McCain didn't write the freak'n thing. He came into possession of a copy and forwarded it to the FBI director as any intelligent sane and patriotic American should have.

Quote: "I had an obligation to bring to the attention of appropriate officials unproven accusations I could not assess myself, and which, were any of them true, would create a vulnerability to the designs of a hostile foreign power," McCain and co-author Mark Salter wrote in the book. "I discharged that obligation, and I would do it again. Anyone who doesn't like it can go to hell."

McCain admitted he had no idea as to the veracity of the dossier and none of the resources needed to investigate it's truthfulness. Hence he passed it along to the most relevant authority charged with the responsibility to do so. Had he not done that, and simply sat on it, you'd likely be the first one to accuse him of treason were the dossier proven to be truthful in every aspect.

You accusing McCain of "lying" about Trump while McCain had nothing whatsoever to do with the dossier's compilation makes you look...well....like a MAROON, as Bugs would have said.
I never wrote mccain wrote the fake dossier. mccain was becoming screwier by the day the last three years.
Oh' trust me.......many copies went to the crooked FBI. It wasn't as though mccain had the only one and he was doing the "right thing", he was part of the fraud. He hated President Trump so much he would have done anything to make him look bad. And guess what. Those leftist crooks, the FBI and especially the beast Clinton are all on the hook for making up the lie and presenting it to the Judges. Why aren't they in prison???????

Old 03-22-2019, 07:38 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,418,292 times
Quote:
I never wrote mccain wrote the fake dossier. mccain was becoming screwier by the day the last three years.
Oh' trust me.......many copies went to the crooked FBI. It wasn't as though mccain had the only one and he was doing the "right thing", he was part of the fraud. He hated President Trump so much he would have done anything to make him look bad. And guess what. Those leftist crooks, the FBI and especially the beast Clinton are all on the hook for making up the lie and presenting it to the Judges. Why aren't they in prison???????

You specifically said "McCain lied about Trump." He merely passed along something he was provided by a third party. He expressly stated he had no proof of it's veracity and that would be for others to determine. He himself made no comments about Trump regarding the dossier's contents.

Now you're accusing the entire bureaucracy of Washington D.C. as being part of a conspiracy to paint poor wee Donny in a bad light. Cripes ahmighty. The man is a veritable walking example of a corrupt, lying, draft dodging, con man and you choose instead to vilify McCain who served his country honorably, including being a POW in Vietnam for 5 years.

It is sad and does not compute.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:55 PM

26,946 posts, read 15,160,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
How desperate do you have to be to attack a dead person's character to promote yourself?

It seems a little unhinged doesn't it?

And he's how campaigning for Fox to bring back that Judge lady.

Seriously -- think about what the PResident deems as important to communicate with the American people about?

This is unbelievable.

Do you not realize that McCain had a part in trying to frame Trump?

Old 03-22-2019, 08:00 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,618,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Do you not realize that McCain had a part in trying to frame Trump?
"frame" or perhaps make sure the norms of ethics, morality, patriotism and party platform were adhered to?

Authoritarianism is very dangerous and you are showing us why. Authoritarianism tells us to redefine torture as "enhanced" interrogation, to redefine Big Brother as "I'm not doing anything wrong, so what do I care" and worst of all to defend the indefensible.

Sadly, you are not alone in doing so. The new rule is "any and all crime, corruption, treason, self-interest, bullying and ignorance is OK as long as "my guy" is the one doing it.

Unfortunately what is good for the goose is fine for the gander, so when the norm goes ever further downhill than you seem to accept you'll have no reason to complain. At the most all you'll be able to think is "I didn't know this was going to be the end result".

Old 03-22-2019, 08:05 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,618,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
You specifically said "McCain lied about Trump." He merely passed along something he was provided by a third party. He expressly stated he had no proof of it's veracity and that would be for others to determine. He himself made no comments about Trump regarding the dossier's contents.
So he passed on a thing that was mostly true....with some parts that have either yet to be proven and.or are irrelevant (Golden Showers are not illegal).

The Russians were trying to influence...and DID influence, our election. No one doubts that. Some say "ha ha, you can't convict me!", but no one doubts that the Cambridge Analytica and Facebook fake groups and all that stuff exist and no one doubts that a massive Russian agency is engaged full time - even today - in trolling USA social media in order to create chaos in this country.

Any normal American would be concerned. But it appears a large portion of the country approves of this.

Old 03-22-2019, 10:29 PM

9,471 posts, read 9,339,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
"frame" or perhaps make sure the norms of ethics, morality, patriotism and party platform were adhered to?

Authoritarianism is very dangerous and you are showing us why. Authoritarianism tells us to redefine torture as "enhanced" interrogation, to redefine Big Brother as "I'm not doing anything wrong, so what do I care" and worst of all to defend the indefensible.

Sadly, you are not alone in doing so. The new rule is "any and all crime, corruption, treason, self-interest, bullying and ignorance is OK as long as "my guy" is the one doing it.

Unfortunately what is good for the goose is fine for the gander, so when the norm goes ever further downhill than you seem to accept you'll have no reason to complain. At the most all you'll be able to think is "I didn't know this was going to be the end result".
^^^^^This

Old 03-22-2019, 10:49 PM

31,934 posts, read 14,933,222 times
Quote:
Hey morons.........mccain lied about President Trump when he, along with the America hating left pushed the FAKE dossier.
mccain lied.........dead or not.........he was a liar. War hero or not.......HE LIED about the President.
No. He did not lie about Trump. But Trump really needs to show respect for the family. What he’s doing to them because his ego is hurt is absolutely horrible
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies