Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2019, 09:08 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times

Advertisements

New Zealand must have the least amount of bureaucracy in the world. One week!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2019, 09:09 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Did the Prime Minister ban her armed guards from having guns? Why is she better than everyone else?

Old 03-21-2019, 09:09 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Why don't we start with answering the question. Why do you need an assault rifle? Other than you have a right to one. Thanks.
I don't need one. I use a semi auto modern sporting rifle to hunt sounders of hogs with.

Old 03-21-2019, 09:10 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Well, like I said in another post,

let's hear it for a government that bans 60-70 years of technology because they believe their population is too ignorant to handle the present.

Old 03-21-2019, 09:10 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Did the Prime Minister ban her armed guards from having guns? Why is she better than everyone else?

Yeah, that's a brilliant argument. LOL.

Old 03-21-2019, 09:15 AM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,522 posts, read 2,244,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Now, let's see how many "Assault Rifles" get turned over to the Government.
They already have Britain as an example. Placed into Bondage rather quickly, once they gave up their only way to fight an over reaching MASTER.
Just think if the Slaves were armed... Would they have been slaves.
I wonder if YOU would have been supporting slaves rights to arm themselves actually instead of the rhetorical what about'ism. The slaves surely would not have been perpetually enslaved had they been "allowed" to arm themselves. I wish they would have been able to fight the forced bondage they were fated to endure.

I own a couple guns and believe in some form of gun control. My question is why people think they need an assault rifle personally? My opinion is that a certain demographic watches too much TV......

Old 03-21-2019, 09:15 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Why don't we start with answering the question. Why do you need an assault rifle? Other than you have a right to one. Thanks.
why don't we start with you defining what an assault weapon is???

the fascist liberals can not define what "military style" is
or..... what an assault weapon is

before he should be proposing a law the definition needs to be clearly established

define assault weapon.....

an ar15 is NOT an assault weapon

define (you want a ban/regulation) of what an assault weapon is

everyone of these ? is was an ar15 could have....with the exception of caliber size (and even that too)

is it caliber size
is it magazine(round storage) size
is it semi-auto
is it a handguard to protect the hands from a hot barrel
is it that it can have a scope mounted
is it that it can have a bipod mounted
is it because its (as the rolling stones said) Painted Black

nearly everyone of those option is available on nearly every weapon...to include handguns

the only one that is not available on nearly every weapon is: and its NOT available on the ar15 without an ILLEGAL mod....is it full auto

the ar15 is available:
in different calibers
in different magazine(round storage) size
in different styles of handguard to protect the hands from a hot barrel
in different scope mounts
in different bipod mounted
in different colors

nearly every rifle has those different options,,,over 65% of ALL rifles are semi

so if YOU are going to say BAN assault weapons LIKE the ar15...you are meaning nearly all rifles....AND HANDGUNS...... so make a definition otherwise you ARE SAYING ban them all..including handguns and pump shotguns

what about my tube magazine lever action Henry 44mag rifle (like what the "Rifleman" had but full length )

so which is it ...ban an UNDEFINED set of weapons(which really means ban all).. or maintain our constitutional rights that shall no be infringed

Old 03-21-2019, 09:16 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post
I wonder if YOU would have been supporting slaves rights to arm themselves actually instead of the rhetorical what about'ism. The slaves surely would not have been perpetually enslaved had they been "allowed" to arm themselves. I wish they would have been able to fight the forced bondage they were fated to endure.

I own a couple guns and believe in some form of gun control. My question is why people think they need an assault rifle personally? My opinion is that a certain demographic watches too much TV......
You must watch too much because a real assault rifle is select fire. Did your descendants own slaves? Mine didn't.

Old 03-21-2019, 09:17 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Will the government of New Zealand turn in its guns too?

The people of Korea, Malaysia, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, and East Timor...well...it's too late for them as they were brutally butchered by that government. Perhaps a future child in a far away land could be saved if NZ's government bans itself from owning weapons.

Old 03-21-2019, 09:18 AM

6,343 posts, read 2,897,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
AR-15 has not been used in every mass shooting since 2012, ridculous.

But hey, as I said in another thread, a foreigner rolls into NZ, kills a bunch of people, yet the government's response is to ban its citizens from owning. Makes sense.
Can you think of a mass shooting where someone didn't use a semi-automatic? I can't. It would be hard to kill 50 people with a six shot revolver.

Look at this chart from 2013 - virtually every one is a semi-automatic.

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/rpt/2013-r-0057.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies