U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-19-2019, 11:54 PM
 
26,506 posts, read 17,282,627 times
Reputation: 10409

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Out of 500 Trump created businesses, 13 bankruptcies? Trump also has created over 23,000 Jobs. More than any other President in history. An obvious failure
So Trump rips folks off of their life savings at his bogus university, stiffs hard working American contractors out of money due them for their services rendered, hires undocumented workers at is resorts while bashing refugee immigration and you praise this Jerkwad? hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

And btw...most of these businesses you tout are just using the Trump brand name. And I guess you missed this...
Quote:
Report: Trump lost more than $1 billion from 1985 to 1994
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...-1994-n1003141 And this...

Trump's infamous $1 million loan from his father was apparently just the first of many
Trump's infamous $1 million loan from his father was apparently just the first of many And this...

Trump Worth $10 Billion Less Than If He’d Simply Invested in Index Funds

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-p...233020366.html
Big fat huge loser!

Last edited by sickofnyc; 05-20-2019 at 12:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-20-2019, 12:17 AM
 
Location: USA
19,700 posts, read 14,682,379 times
Reputation: 12724
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
So Trump rips folks off of their life savings at his bogus university, stiffs hard working American contractors out of money due them for their services rendered, hires undocumented workers at is resorts while bashing refugee immigration and you praise this Jerkwad? hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

And btw...most of these businesses you tout are just using the Trump brand name. And I guess you missed this...

Big fat huge loser!
Naw, He's a winner and you can call him your President
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2019, 12:23 AM
 
26,506 posts, read 17,282,627 times
Reputation: 10409
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Naw, He's a winner and you can call him your President
Your denial and gullibility of buying into a reality show grifter is duly noted. He's not even in The White House legitimately because the moron has never done anything legitimately. He is your birther-in-chief and thief standard bearer...certainly not mine or that of any self-respecting decent patriotic American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2019, 12:51 AM
 
Location: USA
19,700 posts, read 14,682,379 times
Reputation: 12724
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Your denial and gullibility of buying into a reality show grifter is duly noted. He's not even in The White House legitimately because the moron has never done anything legitimately. He is your birther-in-chief and thief standard bearer...certainly not mine or that of any self-respecting decent patriotic American.
As bad as he is, he is still infinitely better than this guy, and his Anti-White Anti-Jewish friends.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nafhanRZ4lc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2019, 01:01 AM
 
26,506 posts, read 17,282,627 times
Reputation: 10409
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
As bad as he is, he is still infinitely better than this guy, and his Anti-White Anti-Jewish friends.
I'm Jewish and Trump is a POS who does not get the approval any Jewish person I know.

A moronic female genitalia-grabbing, peeping tom of teen girls, thief, grifter and money laundering dictator adoring, philandering, pathological liar and birther...yes...your standard bearer indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2019, 01:07 AM
 
Location: USA
19,700 posts, read 14,682,379 times
Reputation: 12724
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I'm Jewish and Trump is a POS who does not get the approval any Jewish person I know.

A moronic female genitalia-grabbing, peeping tom of teen girls, thief, grifter and money laundering dictator adoring, philandering, pathological liar and birther...yes...your standard bearer indeed.
So your Jewish, and a Obama, Farrakhan, Reverend Wright, and Muslim Brotherhood Supporter

Personally, I like having a much more peaceful president like Trump in office, compared to the Peace prize winner, who all but destroyed Libya, in his quest to depose their President, tried to do the same in Syria resulting in 10s of thousands in deaths and 5 million in diaspora. Claimed victory in Iraq, resulting in the formation of ISIS. Add to that, his use of a billion dollars in cruise missiles resulting in 100s of Innocents killed. This was all after his apology tour of the middle east saying he would be a more sympathetic American president.

Yep "Trump" making America a more Peaceful place

Last edited by LS Jaun; 05-20-2019 at 01:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2019, 02:40 AM
 
Location: Great Britain
11,594 posts, read 3,967,095 times
Reputation: 7174
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Stories are starting to surface about how employees at Deutsche Bank alerted the bank of suspicious activity involving Trump and Kushner, but the higher ups squashed their concerns and chose to shield Trump and Kushner by doing nothing further.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

Gee, Trump involved in shady business transactions ? Who would have thought !
Who is Trump even accountable to.

Even Congress don't seem to have much powers in terms if scrutiny, and any scrutiny seems to easily stopped by lawyers and the world is still waiting to see Mueller and numerous others speak.

As for investigations Mueller just documented a lot of accounts and left in to Congress to carry out the scrutny however this isn't happening, and at the same time a sitting President can't be prosecuted.

As for the Southern District of NYC they haven't released anything and we still await their report, which may be a waste if time even if they find criminal acts as they can't prosecute and Congress don't seem to have much power in terms of oversight.

Whilst in terms of the Attorney General, he's Trump's own inside yes man, and the Surpreme Court has also been radically changed by Trump.

It just seems that the balance and separation of power among the three branches of the Government (Executive), the Legislative (Congress) and the Courts (Judiciary) is now tipped in favour of the President and Government and this is causing an increasing dangerous precedene in terms of US Politics and Accountability.

I suppose in the end Trump will be accountable to the people in terms of votes, but even that has been tarnished by the electoral college system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2019, 03:08 AM
 
Location: NY
3,790 posts, read 969,666 times
Reputation: 2180
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
So Trump rips folks off of their life savings at his bogus university, stiffs hard working American contractors out of money due them for their services rendered, hires undocumented workers at is resorts while bashing refugee immigration and you praise this Jerkwad? hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

And btw...most of these businesses you tout are just using the Trump brand name. And I guess you missed this...

Big fat huge loser!


Big Fat Huge loser?
hires undocumented workers
Sounds like business as usual in Good Ole U.S. of A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2019, 04:35 AM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
12,462 posts, read 4,213,163 times
Reputation: 9772
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
This is what Maxine Waters has been trying to investigate for over 2 years now. We're finally going somewhere wih this! It is highly suspicious that a man who has declared bankruptcy half a dozen times is still able to borrow from any bank! Well, now we know why!

Let the floodgate of Trump criminal activities come out! We'll see how much longer Republicans will still continue to side with him knowing what a criminal he is!
Maxine Waters -- -couldn't add 5 and 5 together without the help of a calculator. LOL But she does know how to keep getting re-elected to her ghetto district, decade after decade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2019, 04:57 AM
 
Location: *
8,093 posts, read 2,411,258 times
Reputation: 2212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Who is Trump even accountable to.

Even Congress don't seem to have much powers in terms if scrutiny, and any scrutiny seems to easily stopped by lawyers and the world is still waiting to see Mueller and numerous others speak.

As for investigations Mueller just documented a lot of accounts and left in to Congress to carry out the scrutny however this isn't happening, and at the same time a sitting President can't be prosecuted.

As for the Southern District of NYC they haven't released anything and we still await their report, which may be a waste if time even if they find criminal acts as they can't prosecute and Congress don't seem to have much power in terms of oversight.

Whilst in terms of the Attorney General, he's Trump's own inside yes man, and the Surpreme Court has also been radically changed by Trump.

It just seems that the balance and separation of power among the three branches of the Government (Executive), the Legislative (Congress) and the Courts (Judiciary) is now tipped in favour of the President and Government and this is causing an increasing dangerous precedene in terms of US Politics and Accountability.

I suppose in the end Trump will be accountable to the people in terms of votes, but even that has been tarnished by the electoral college system.
Excellent analysis of the whole scenario & we the people's standing in it. Often it makes sense to consider the big picture, & sometimes it's less challenging to do so from afar, so to speak.

Constitutional Hardball and Congress’s Oversight Authority

Quote:
There are important ramifications of recognizing a constitutionally based obligation to engage in a serious and good faith effort to reach a reasonable accommodation when there is a disagreement between the branches. Every executive branch official swears an oath to uphold the Constitution upon taking office, and this commitment should be understood to include the constitutional mandate to engage in good faith to seek reasonable accommodations.
https://www.lawfareblog.com/constitu...ight-authority

As for Mr. Trump's business acumen? Please take a look at the following for one example:

How Trump made millions on Trump Tower Toronto, but every investor lost

Donald Trump called himself a “genius” for investing in Toronto’s Trump Tower. Behind the scenes, he had no money on the line.

Quote:
A review of bankruptcy documents and public records in three countries, as well as interviews with the rotating cast of players involved in the deal over more than a decade provides new insights about Trump's business approach, the unconventional partners he works with and the risks for those who bet on the Trump brand.

In the end, every investor lost money on Toronto's Trump Tower. Everyone except Trump, who walked away with millions.
https://www.thespec.com/news-story/7...investor-lost/

Mr Trump's 'business approach' is the definition of 'moral hazard'. He brought his 'brand' to the US Presidency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top