U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-19-2019, 02:00 PM
 
Location: Rutherfordton,NC
14,087 posts, read 8,985,828 times
Reputation: 9543

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I'm no fan of trump. But how is this big news?
Agreed, itís like saying Trump lies no surprise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-19-2019, 02:00 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
12,630 posts, read 8,743,877 times
Reputation: 6335
Isn't it illegal and unethical for "bank officials" to be telling reporters personal, financial info about their clients?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 02:03 PM
 
Location: Unperson Everyman Land
30,390 posts, read 20,026,742 times
Reputation: 8319
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
So fraud is "pretty tame" to you?


People go to prison for that, you know. And by "people" I mean some of the folks that worked on the Trump campaign, for example.


Really?

Because none of the bankers or politicians behind the 2008 financial crisis went to prison.

In fact, one of them became Obama's TS even after getting caught cheating on his taxes.

And let's not forget about the Clinton Foundation accidentally forgetting to list hundreds of millions donated by foreign governments as such on their tax returns.

As for those tax cheats and unregistered foreign lobbyist that worked for Trump, they aren't going to prison for cheating on their taxes or lobbying for foreign governments.

Their fortunes are a warning from the political establishment to anyone considering backing an outsider that they too will be ruined, maybe even sent to prison, for challenging the political elite the way Trump has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 02:39 PM
 
20,552 posts, read 13,576,401 times
Reputation: 14204
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Isn't it illegal and unethical for "bank officials" to be telling reporters personal, financial info about their clients?

"Current and former bank officials", I fixed that for you.


That plus DB is in some very hot water on many fronts, and the temperature is only increasing.




https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/18/b...sche-bank.html


Also there is the fact DB has been looking rather sickly of late. Strong and persistent word on the street is they will be forced to merge or maybe even wound up.




https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...or-Commerzbank


When anyone much less a POTUS owes sums involved to a bank people (as in regulators and or politicians) want to know how and why such loans were given.


If sums are true *TWO BILLON* USD is quite a lot of money; and if DT defaults what happens then? There is also the nagging questions as to why DB lent the man so much money and what sort of guarantees (if any) they have said loans will be repaid.


Bad loans have forced many a bank/lender out of business. People are correct in wanting to know the circumstances in why or how DT managed to get vast sums out of DB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 03:14 PM
 
Location: East Lansing, MI
8,723 posts, read 7,928,007 times
Reputation: 3698
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Really?

Because none of the bankers or politicians behind the 2008 financial crisis went to prison.

In fact, one of them became Obama's TS even after getting caught cheating on his taxes.

And let's not forget about the Clinton Foundation accidentally forgetting to list hundreds of millions donated by foreign governments as such on their tax returns.

As for those tax cheats and unregistered foreign lobbyist that worked for Trump, they aren't going to prison for cheating on their taxes or lobbying for foreign governments.

Their fortunes are a warning from the political establishment to anyone considering backing an outsider that they too will be ruined, maybe even sent to prison, for challenging the political elite the way Trump has.
People get away with crimes, so no one should care about anything illegal? That's your argument?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 03:36 PM
 
32,097 posts, read 16,499,288 times
Reputation: 17204
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
If sums are true *TWO BILLON* USD is quite a lot of money; and if DT defaults what happens then? There is also the nagging questions as to why DB lent the man so much money and what sort of guarantees (if any) they have said loans will be repaid.


Bad loans have forced many a bank/lender out of business. People are correct in wanting to know the circumstances in why or how DT managed to get vast sums out of DB.
It appears as if DB just facilitated a loan between certain less-savory oligarchs and Trump, getting a cut in return for making the transaction happen under the letterhead of what was once a respected institution.

It would of course be very, very wrong to speculate on what favors said oligarchs could extract from Trump in return for a generous loan like that. Very. Don't do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 03:52 PM
 
39,194 posts, read 40,579,931 times
Reputation: 16081
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
B. Trump is at least One Billion in Debt

Business debt is not the same as consumer debt because it has value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 04:57 PM
 
Location: AZ
2,070 posts, read 427,306 times
Reputation: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Business debt is not the same as consumer debt because it has value.
The point remains the same. Debt is still debt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 06:06 PM
 
39,194 posts, read 40,579,931 times
Reputation: 16081
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
The point remains the same. Debt is still debt.

No it's not, if you run up your credit card buying crap you have nothing but debt to show for it. If you're a contractor and borrow $100K to build a $200K house that cost you $100K to build your profit is $100k. The bank is a business partner.



Most of Trumps properties have debt associated with them but they pay it down. He has substantial interest in them and every year his net worth will increase. If he sold the property the debt is either transferred to the person buying it or the bank is paid. Whatever is left goes into his pocket and that can be an enormous payoff if the debt has been paid down substantially or doesn't exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 06:25 PM
 
Location: The United States of America
2,522 posts, read 984,175 times
Reputation: 1561
I know a guy who bought a car on an 8 year loan with a high interest rate. He uses the car to drive for Uber. Now the debt is worth a lot more than the car. Not all business purchases are worth more than the loan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:44 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top