Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 09:23 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
That would be Barry to the point of breaking taxpayers backs to support terrorist countries.

Anyway, President Trump is known for his generosity. He is appreciated for it. Those with selfish agendas used him when they needed something yet turned his back on him when he ran for President. They will get their comeuppance when all the I's are dotted and the T's are crossed.
Really? So that's why the Trump Foundation is still around. Oh, wait, no it isn't, because of massive fraud. My God, do some research, willya?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...llegal-conduct

“Our petition detailed a shocking pattern of illegality involving the Trump Foundation – including unlawful coordination with the Trump presidential campaign, repeated and willful self-dealing, and much more,” Underwood said in a statement Tuesday. “This amounted to the Trump Foundation functioning as little more than a checkbook to serve Mr. Trump’s business and political interests.”

Yep, I can see why anyone would think Trump is a very charitable person - to Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2019, 10:06 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
That would be Barry to the point of breaking taxpayers backs to support terrorist countries.

Anyway, President Trump is known for his generosity. He is appreciated for it. Those with selfish agendas used him when they needed something yet turned his back on him when he ran for President. They will get their comeuppance when all the I's are dotted and the T's are crossed.
Actually, in NY, he's known for being stingy and only spending money on himself. I bet you the Obamas have donated more cash to charities, in addition to their time, than Trump ever has.

"...Back in April, Fahrenthold and Rosalind S. Helderman reported that they couldn’t find a single cash donation to charity that Trump personally had made over the previous five years.

...The Trump campaign had provided the newspaper with a list of donations made by the candidate, but many turned out to be gifts-in-kind from Trump’s businesses, such as free rounds of golf at Trump courses donated to charity auctions, and land-conservation agreements to forgo development rights on Trump-owned properties..."

The only cash donations were from the Donald J. Trump Foundation, the family charity that Trump established in 1988. But the Post also pointed out that Trump hadn’t given any of his own money to the Trump Foundation since 2008..."

https://www.newyorker.com/news/john-...ritable-giving

Old 03-19-2019, 10:16 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Really? So that's why the Trump Foundation is still around. Oh, wait, no it isn't, because of massive fraud. My God, do some research, willya?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...llegal-conduct

“Our petition detailed a shocking pattern of illegality involving the Trump Foundation – including unlawful coordination with the Trump presidential campaign, repeated and willful self-dealing, and much more,” Underwood said in a statement Tuesday. “This amounted to the Trump Foundation functioning as little more than a checkbook to serve Mr. Trump’s business and political interests.”

Yep, I can see why anyone would think Trump is a very charitable person - to Trump.
Hell, I mean Trump used his foundation to pay for his sons Boy Scout registration fees. A $7 fee.

Old 03-19-2019, 10:21 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Who cares why he did it as long as it is not immoral? He didn't have to do it. He could have only gave half of it, or 25% - and it still would have been good.

You somehow felt the need to diminish his generosity.

Some things it's better to just let it go.

Only Democrats could demonize a rich guy donating a quarter of his salary to the Federal government.

"We want half of everything you make...as long a you don't give it voluntarily"

Is it only virtuous if it's taken by force via taxation?

Old 03-19-2019, 10:24 AM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Libs love taxes. Why don't they donate?

obama donated $1.1million of his salary to charity while in office.

Old 03-19-2019, 10:28 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Only Democrats could demonize a rich guy donating a quarter of his salary to the Federal government.

BS. Trump's profits from his business interests far outweigh his presidential salary. Trump is lining his own pockets like no president has ever done before. And let's see those tax returns. Then we can see how much he's given to charity over the years. You don't suppose that the fact that he has given very little (if anything) is one reason he won't release his tax info do you?

Old 03-19-2019, 10:40 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,626 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post

No one's demonizing him for giving.

We're saying he didn't.

Old 03-19-2019, 10:42 AM

45,225 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Trump would do less harm burning that money in a parking lot, or spending it on drugs and hookers. What a waste

Old 03-19-2019, 10:51 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Libs love taxes. Why don't they donate?

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...71030385426432
Trump says a LOT of things that simply aren't true, if I wanted I could post a picture of the front of one of my checks for $1,000,000.00 to the government. Let's see the back of a cancelled check.

And let's see proof Trump pays taxes before we hear cackling about anyone else.

Old 03-19-2019, 11:28 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Yeah, but some "different things" are corrupt "different things".
Indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies