Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 07:33 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,035,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
White Conservative Citizens don't care.
Well, actually, we care a lot. We are happy.
https://www.wtnh.com/news/connecticu...ore/1858393164

Yes a model citizen as you see here. She is so respectful of Police and LE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2019, 07:39 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
In other words, white conservatives don't care because it isn't happening to them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nec...1.html%3famp=y

Those that accuse other of being racist ARE the racists!

Old 03-20-2019, 07:43 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The DUI guy in my example was also a legal immigrant. They are treated the same way if they commit crimes.

He was in his 40s, and got deported for DUI he did when he was 18. The problem was that by now he was married with kids in US, so it created more issues than is solved.
Correct, with the caveat that illegal immigrants are subject to deportation simply for being in the country illegally.

The guy in his 40s who was deported for a DUI he committed when he was 18 is a heartbreaking case on many levels. Still, information on the potential consequences of your criminal actions as a non-citizen are no secret, even if the government may not catch up with your case for years and, in the more extreme examples, for decades. Now, I argue that this man was a good candidate for executive clemency, and that the law should be amended to make case-by-case exceptions for extreme situations like this. But these are largely policy considerations for the future and I ultimately won't condemn an administration for enforcing the law as it is written.

Old 03-20-2019, 07:46 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Illegal non citizens here have NO Constitutional right to anything. They are not citizens and therefore not eligible to receive any Constitutional protections. Especially if they are here illegally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
In our country, everyone has human rights, regardless of their resident status. But what would you expect from a court stacked with Trump's puppets? There will come a time when everyone will regret the loss of rights this brings on us-----even you.
It’s not a “ human right†to commit crimes and be given a permanent Get Out of Jail free card.
In this case (which the 9th Circuit once again got wrong) US Law prevails.

Brief synopsis: the case was about a Congressional statute concerning whether HHS/ICE had to be waiting to pick up an illegal who had been taken in for a crime and then released pending a hearing. The SCOTUS dissenters said that HHS/ICE had to be waiting and pick up the alien immediately for holding and deportation….if not, then the alien was immune from holding and deportation. The consent opinion from SCOTUS was that this is not the case…HHS/ICE can pick up any alien anytime.and deport them if there is ground to do so. The case was not about President Trump….the case was about a law passed by Congress BEFORE President Trump was even president.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:09 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
I just made this poster in celebration of Trump's Supreme Court-
https://i.imgur.com/FoxUYge.jpg
Trump looks constipated. Too much Mickey D.' for him, I guess.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:28 AM

14,226 posts, read 4,592,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
In other words, white conservatives don't care because it isn't happening to them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nec...1.html%3famp=y
Immigration status is not a race.

I know it's a shocking news to you, but it's true.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:37 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1R01TF

Makes perfect sense to me. If the law calls for your deportation if you commit a crime, it shouldn't matter whether the feds detain you for deportation the second after you're released from prison or years after the fact. Allowing for a bond hearing for people who are arguable flight risks doesn't compute and goes against the intention and plain reading of the law.

Yet another reason why I thank God for President Trump's election. Had Hillary won, the Supreme Court would look radically different today.

If there ever was a person considered to be a high flight risk, it would be the foreign citizen who resides illegally in our country, and is caught by US law enforcement after committing another crime. If we release them, they will just flee inside the country and hide from the law, they have already proved that they will do so.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:39 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Immigration status is not a race.

I know it's a shocking news to you, but it's true.

Why don't these people see that assuming all illegal immigrants are Latino, is in itself a rather racist notion

Old 03-20-2019, 08:40 AM

14,226 posts, read 4,592,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Warning to those planning to visit America and spend money: Don't bother. Our Nazi Fuhrur hates you.
visitors are those who come to America for vacation and leave after they are done = illegals are those who come to America and refuse to leave

??

Old 03-20-2019, 08:41 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Non-sequitur.

The question asked was which human rights are violated, I know you think human rights only applies to people names T-310 or recognized by you. However the question was asked and answered.

There are some days I really would wish for a seriously totalitarian regime, just so people who disagree with general rights would learn that denying one group their rights can be stretched to every group.
The UN is not relevant. What is relevant is the US Constitution. And SCOTUS rules non citizens can be detained indefinitely. Good enough for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies