Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 03:18 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
I guess she realized she couldn't get sensible and civil respect on CNN or MSNBC.
Funny. She was let go by CNN after the debate case and I guess MSNBC wasn't going to bite after that. So the ones you describe as "fake news" would not have her, but for some reason, Faux News did, the same "news" outlet that gave Trump the questions before Megyn Kelly asked them in 2016
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2019, 03:20 PM

447 posts, read 208,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
I'm waiting for the day Fox News hires Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez so I can watch Jeanine Pirro start foaming at the mouth like a rabid poodle!
I'll take a rabid poodle over Jeanine Pirro.

Old 03-19-2019, 03:25 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The Trumpers hate Ryan. They thought he was a spineless RINO (and he absolutely is spineless.) And now Fox has taken Pirro off the air and hired Donna Brazile.

What's going on at Fox???
That's what I'm wondering.

Apparently, they've announced Judge Jeanine will be back in a few weeks. I suspect that depends on whether the advertisers will be back in a few weeks.

What next? Hannity resigning to spend quality time with the family?

Old 03-19-2019, 03:26 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,491,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
What ? Another anti-Trump new hire POS.

Hey, they've got to hire more people and they're running out of hard-core conservatives. Pretty soon they might be down to the guy in the third row of the last Trump rally with the MAGA hat on. You never know! You and Waldo Kitty could end up on the Fox short list. There's gold in them thar' hills! Go for it!!!!

Sean Hannity may be the next Secretary of State or ...wait for it ...Vice President. Sometimes status trumps money, so there may be openings in the near future. Have that resume handy!

Old 03-19-2019, 03:28 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Funny. She was let go by CNN after the debate case and I guess MSNBC wasn't going to bite after that. So the ones you describe as "fake news" would not have her, but for some reason, Faux News did, the same "news" outlet that gave Trump the questions before Megyn Kelly asked them in 2016
I've often that that whole giving the questions ahead of time was a trumped up deal. Now that Fox is hiring Brazile, I'm even more suspicious.

Old 03-19-2019, 03:28 PM

277 posts, read 291,555 times
I thought you had to have bleached blonde hair and great legs.

Old 03-19-2019, 03:31 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,491,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peester View Post
I thought you had to have bleached blonde hair and great legs.

Well Judge Jeanine did bleach the hair on her legs! You just couldn't see it with the robe!

Old 03-19-2019, 03:37 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Hey, they've got to hire more people and they're running out of hard-core conservatives. Pretty soon they might be down to the guy in the third row of the last Trump rally with the MAGA hat on. You never know! You and Waldo Kitty could end up on the Fox short list. There's gold in them thar' hills! Go for it!!!!

Sean Hannity may be the next Secretary of State or ...wait for it ...Vice President. Sometimes status trumps money, so there may be openings in the near future. Have that resume handy!
Now we have Peewee (Ryan)and the Brain (Dona)to look forward to as they try to take over the world.

Old 03-19-2019, 04:00 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,995 times
The Disney buy-out of 20th Century Fox is supposed to finish just after midnight tonight! So, let's say farewell to a storied movie studio and fault Rupert Murdoch for wanting to sell most of the Fox Empire (apparently, news and sports are more important to him), the USDOJ for approving, and Disney for buying. Seriously, I think a silent film title that describes what Rupert did is the Fox silent "A Fool There Was".

20th Century Fox was officially incorporated into a company (thus, its legal DOB) on 5/31/1935. However, it still has over 100 years of Fox film history through one of its "birth" parents, the Fox Film Corporation. Practically speaking, I am not sure when Disney first assumed control of 21st Century Fox (its date of death, so to speak). You could argue that it was on 6/27/2018 when the USDOJ permitted the merger provided Disney sell-off 22 Fox regional sports networks which Disney agreed to do. Various foreign regulators agreed to the merger provided Disney sell off its control of various cable channels, notably sports channels as Disney was somewhat monopolistic on that cable channel market in those territories.

To me, it is not really 20th Century Fox and thus not "alive" as the 20th Century Fox many people have known for so long unless it was owned by either a member of the Fox Empire or by spun-off Fox company. For example, its parent company, Fox Entertainment Group, hypothetically became its own publicly-traded company or became part of the new Fox Corporation. Yes, that is where Fake News is going to.

Using rounding, the Disney-Fox merger gives them about 40% of the American movie market share. Had William Fox successfully bought out most of MGM back in 1929, that is the same estimated number he would have on the American movie market at that time!

William Fox developed much of the Fox Empire but Darryl Zanuck and Joe M. Schenck were also important. Practically speaking, I see those guys as the 3 most important figures in Fox history from studio exec and founding father standpoints. Walt developed much of the Disney Empire but Roy and Ub Iwerks were also important. Practically speaking, I see those guys as the 3 most important figures in Disney history from studio exec and founding father standpoints. I know that Walt and William would have likely hated this merger. As for the other 4, I think they would have felt similarly.

If I was the judge and the jury on the Disney-Fox deal, this is how I would solve it after saying "no". Alternatively, this is what could have happened had the USDOJ said "no". To downsize, Fox could've sold many of the Murdoch-owned news media and those 22 Fox RSN (not to Disney) then sell the Marvel rights back to Disney. To downsize, Disney could've sold their stake in ESPN (not to Fox) then sell Star Wars to Fox. That way Fox would have had at least 1 movie franchise that could somewhat compete against the MCU!

After that, 20th Century Fox parent company Fox Entertainment Group spins-off from 21st Century Fox and becomes a publicly traded company. Alternatively, 21st Century Fox would have the following: Fox Television Group, Fox Entertainment Group, and the Fox Networks Group. Thus, 21st Century would get the movie and TV IP. Yes, 21st Century Fox would be still be publicly traded but the boss would not be a Murdoch.

Meanwhile, the current News Corp would have the following: Fox News Group (Fake News division), Fox Sports Networks, and the Fox Sports Media Group. So, Hannity's big company boss would still be a Murdoch.

Whatever the what-ifs, the Murdoch Clan sells off their stake in Star India, the 73% ownership of National Geographic Channels and ownership of Endemol Shine Group would be sold to some America media empire. That is, an American media empire that is not Comcast, AT&T, the Walt Disney Company, Sony Corpation of America, or National Amusements. Alternatively, they sell those to above-mentioned stakes to a foreign media empire.

Yes, I would want to downsize even the mighty Fox empire a bit! Of course, provisions will be made helping the many people that will be laid-off get new jobs soon!

If no splitting was to occur, the Murdoch Clan would off their stake in Star India, the 73% ownership of National Geographic Channels, their ownership of Endemol Shine Group, and various sports networks, news networks, and news papers. All this happens after selling off the Marvel rights back to Disney and Disney gives them the Disney stake in Star Wars!

Old 03-19-2019, 04:04 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,164,567 times
Good grief...oh well at least we dont have to look at his half grinning face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies