Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 05:37 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
When someone calls another person a racial slur, it is not being done for nothing. It is more than just "I want to hurt someone". it is being done because said person deep down has a disdain/hate for that group, or for people of any ethnicity/race. I can't think of any other reason for a person to call another person the "N" word other than out of hatred towards Blacks. Why get racial about it other than out of hatred for another race?
What I am saying is that in the heat of the moment people will use words that they think will be one step down from actual violence. They are thinking "What's the worst thing that I can call these black people that will injure them the most?" "Oh yeah, the n-word will work".

Old 03-22-2019, 09:27 AM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
What I am saying is that in the heat of the moment people will use words that they think will be one step down from actual violence. They are thinking "What's the worst thing that I can call these black people that will injure them the most?" "Oh yeah, the n-word will work".
I know what you are trying to say. My point is that there is no excuse. No one thinks to go on the racial angle without at least harboring some kind of racial animosity. If you better, then there is no excuse at that point.

Old 03-22-2019, 05:18 PM

8,337 posts, read 2,965,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I know what you are trying to say. My point is that there is no excuse. No one thinks to go on the racial angle without at least harboring some kind of racial animosity. If you better, then there is no excuse at that point.
Oh, BS. You get pissed you say whatever you think hurts most. Race doesn't matter. If you want to kill me you're going to hold back saying anything race related? As if I care while you're trying to kill me.

Old 03-22-2019, 05:45 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Oh, BS. You get pissed you say whatever you think hurts most. Race doesn't matter. If you want to kill me you're going to hold back saying anything race related? As if I care while you're trying to kill me.
Say whatever you want. I've gotten very pissed and not used racial slurs. If someone wants to kill me I won't say anything, I'll just fight back.

Old 03-22-2019, 06:30 PM

1,273 posts, read 1,639,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
I believe you would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies