Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 10:59 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
One thing the article brings up is what I have been saying for a while now: Every time a new scandal breaks about Trump, Democrats want to shout, "See! We told you he's a vile, lying egomaniac!" Thing is, by now everyone knows this. You either care or don't care. You either love him or hate him. No new revelation of bad behavior is going to change anybody's mind.

I agree.

One remarkable thing I have noticed, and I believe that this bears reflection, is that we have seen the GOP doing every possible thing that they accused Democrats of during the campaign of 2016. It is as if they looked at what they hoped to accomplish if they had the chance, and decided to accuse Democrats of it ...

But again, I agree, the battle lines have drawn and there is no way to persuade the opposite side to change their minds. A good example of this might be Trump's popularity numbers, he almost had 50% in his first week in office, then something he said or did (or perhaps several such things) caused his favorability to fall, and it has been just about remained at the same level ever since. This is unique in American political history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2019, 11:02 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Hi, I'd like to introduce you to this thread, along with all the others here in the POC forum, where "Democrats" are blamed for everything a single individual person does
Republicans are blamed just as much Democrats are it all depends whose in office at the time, but to ASSUME one Republican or Democrat speech for all of them is just plain insane.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:45 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Republicans are blamed just as much Democrats are it all depends whose in office at the time, but to ASSUME one Republican or Democrat speech for all of them is just plain insane.
And where is your vehement objection to being told that "Democrats" favor abolishing ICE, when that is far from the case? It's not exactly one sided on who is doing this, yet you feel the need to call out just me, and not people doing the same thing from the other direction.

And the fact is that yes, the Republican party does bear a whole lot more responsibility for the practices in an election with a corrupt GOP candidate running, who the party still wanted to seat in Congress, vs. some random people calling for abolishing ICE but then claiming that's the position of an entire party.

Quote:
North Carolina Republicans ratcheted up their drive to put Mark Harris in Congress on Tuesday, questioning “the entire legitimacy” of a state investigation into allegations of election fraud in the 9th Congressional District.

North Carolina Republican Party Chairman Robin Hayes accused elections officials of “one stalling pattern after another” in a meeting with reporters in Charlotte
https://www.charlotteobserver.com/ne...224556845.html

Old 03-22-2019, 11:55 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
My vote will gladly cancel out a trump vote.

After Kavaughs approval...I was an continue to stand by his rightful place on the supreme court. I've since though taken a clear step back involving how overall this country is literally going to pot.

I'll not vote trump and for many valid facts.

My community and my bank account aren't any better under this potus. As Shania says "he don't impress me much"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies