Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 02:24 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,582,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Obviously there are tens of millions of Americans who cannot tell fact from fiction. There are also tens of millions who are fine with corruption and lies anyway (the end is always worth the means).

In fact, most don't even care if "the ends" are achieved....as long as they can fool themselves that "we are on the way to the ends".

Heck for some of these characters nuclear war would be OK if only we send back 10% of "illegals"...never mind the fact that more and more are coming in under Trump.

I think we can easily value their "illegal head count" at about 5 million a head. That is, they'd spend 5 Billion to deport 5,000.

This is all assuming that it's not their money, of course! They don't want to pay enough taxes to balance the budget or pay down the debt. That was the last tomfoolery they believe in - the Tea Party. That's out of fashion now.

lol - flunked math, amirite
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2019, 02:35 PM

15,966 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
It's more like Democrats can't get Americans to vote for them, so they are importing new voters.
Really? How did Hillary manage to get more popular votes? what is going to happen when we no longer have the electoral college?

Old 03-21-2019, 02:36 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Really? How did Hillary manage to get more popular votes? what is going to happen when we no longer have the electoral college?
According to Trump supporters, people who aren't white, heterosexual, and the right kind of Christian aren't real Americans so they don't count. "Real Americans" voted for Trump.

Old 03-21-2019, 02:37 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Every Time Democrats Talk, I Want To Vote For Trump Twice

I am a highly motivated Trump voter because the Democrats have motivated me up to my eyeballs. I have never been more motivated in my life, because the Democrats are terrifying me.

this is a political forum and one of the reasons some of us participate in POC is we try to understand the perspectives of the 'other side'. The Federalist opinion piece above is a perfect reflection of my thinking. the best I've read so far that explains my thoughts in this political climate.

whether you are on the other side of the aisle or on my side, it is an interesting opinion piece. I would like to hear your thoughts after you read it.

"I wish I could do it now. Twice. Or better yet, in as many jurisdictions as I can. Preferably in every swing district and every swing state."
In other words you'd commit massive voter fraud and he sees no problem with that. No wonder he's voting for Trump

"Stormy Daniels and Michael Cohen Are Non-Issues For Me"
Were Rev. Wright and Bill Ayres also Non-Issues for you?

"Every time the Democrats and their media allies peddle yet another “end of the Trump presidency bombshell,” I laugh hysterically"
Did you laugh hysterically everytime somebody called for Obama's impeachment?

"I can’t even keep track of half the revelations that were supposed to bring Trump to an ignominious end. Even the Democrats forget most of them within days. Remember Papadopoulos? Flynn? Gates? Roger Stone? Some 77-year-old guy I’ve never heard of, getting a handjob at a Florida massage parlor?"

Neither can I, any one of those things would have resulted in impeachment hearings if Obama or any Democrat had done them. The only reason none of this has brought Trump to an ignominious end is because the Republicans have their faces too far up his ass. He could rape and kill a nine year old girl and they would still defend him.
Papadopoulos had a high position in the Trump campaign. Anybody who had had a high position in the Obama campaign that turned out to be a criminal would be tied directly to Obama and there would be full House and Senate investigations. Gates was his campaign manager. Anybody who had been Obama's campaign that turned out to be a criminal would be tied directly to Obama and there would be full House and Senate investigations. Michael Flynn was his National Security Advisor. Anybody who had been Obama's National Security Advisor that turned out to be a criminal would be tied directly to Obama and there would be full House and Senate investigations. Roger Stone was a very close friend. Any close friend, or even not so close friend of Obama that had turned out to be a criminal would be tied directly to Obama. Remember Bill Ayres? Palling around with terrorists? Yeah that's the kind of **** I'm talking about. Robert Kraft is a close personal friend of Donald Trump. And no, us Democrats have not forgotten any of the **** Trump has done. I remember it and fully intend to throw it right back in your ****ing face when you whine about the next Democratic president. So if in October of 2020 you find out that the Democratic nominee once went to a topless bar when he was in college save us your insane and sanctomonious ramblings about morality. Same for if he insults a war hero or refuses to release his taxes or any other documents. If as president he viciously attacks Republicans and conservatives on a regular basis I don't want to hear your spoutings about being "presidential".

"Stormy Daniels? Right. Who gives two ****s about Trump’s sex life 12 years ago?"
You people gave a whole crap load of **** about what Obama's mom gave him for dinner when he was 10 years old. You also gave a whole crap load of **** about what Obama's dad was doing before he was even born. You gave a whole crap load of **** about who Obama's mom married when Obama was about 3 years old and you gave a whole crap load of **** about what color her skin was.

"But, but, “Trump paid her off! It was hush money!” you say? Yeah, okay. He probably did. Oh, hell, who are we kidding here? I am certain that he did. And I care about all this why?"
Why don't you tell us? When some Democrat is accused of paying hush money and you care about it tell us then why you care. No wait, that's already happened, sort of. Why did you care that Obama was paying lawyers to keep his college records secret? He wasn't but you thought he was. Why did you care?

"Sundry Scandals Don’t Bother Me Either"
That's a ****ing lie. They just don't bother you when they belong to Dear Leader. I'm sure that every single one of Obama's fake scandals bothered you greatly. And if the next Democratic president has even the slightest hint of a scandal you will scream bloody murder and it won't matter what your Vanguard and Fidelity account balances say. Any type of "non-compliance" of the law by the next Democratic president and you will not be saying "Sundry Scandals Don’t Bother Me" because you like all conservatives are a major hypocrite. All of this **** that you're pooh poohing you would be calling for impeachment is a Democrat had done just one of them.

"What’s that? Russia? Mueller? Collusion? I am sick of Russia"
Were you also sick of the six year investigation into Hillary Clinton that didn't find a damn thing?

(And, for the record, I was born in Russia, so I know Russia like these Democrat clowns can’t even imagine.)
WHO THE HELL CARES WHERE YOU WERE BORN? Being born in Russia doesn't mean ****. It certainly doesn't make you an expert. There is more than enough evidence that Trump colluded with Russia. If he was a democrat 1/10 of that would be deemed enough for impeachment. One meeting, like the one Bill Clinton had on a plane, would be enough. Even if you had no idea what was talked about

"all they actually have on the collusion front is Manafort’s tax evasion from 10 years ago. That’s it?"
No stupid, we also have the meeting at Trump Tower with Trump Jr. and the Russians. That alone would be enough if Trump was a Democrat.

"Remember that New York Times monster 15,000-word article about Trump’s inheritance taxes 30 years ago? Ask me if I care."
I'll ask you why you care when a Democrat does it, because you will. You'll act like he committed a major crime and you'll demand his impeachment.

"Jared Kushner?"
I'll ask you why you care when a Democrat does it, because you will. You'll act like he committed a major crime and you'll demand his impeachment.

"Ivanka’s shoe line?"

Trump Hotel in DC?
I'll ask you why you care when a Democrat does it, because you will. You'll act like he committed a major crime and you'll demand his impeachment. You certainly won't be yawning when some Democrat is pulling that ****

"The Emoluments Clause?"

"Obstruction? Here, I agree. Trump made a mistake. He should have fired Comey’s ass on day one instead of waiting two months to do it."

All of this **** that you are dismissing, laughing at, saying Puuuuhhhhlease, yawning at, every single one of them you would be demanding impeachment if it was done by a Democrat. Your entire screed can be broken down to Trump should be above the law and anything he does is ok by me. Trump hasn't raped and killed anybody but if he did I'm sure you'd be yawning over that too.

Old 03-21-2019, 04:19 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
I agree with the basic idea of the article, although not everything he said -- not by a long shot because ethics DO matter to me, and I still despise Trump -- but I am beginning to despise the Democrats even more.

I just hope that the Republican POTUS nominee will be someone other than Trump. Otherwise, I am going to have one hell of a dilemma.

And I think if it is a choice between Trump and Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, or Kamala Harris, I will finally be convinced that there is absolutely no hope of the government working toward a better life for the majority of U.S. citizens and for those who want to become citizens, as well as trying to improve the lives of the those who are currently unemployed or under-employed and who would like to work and earn a better life for themselves.

Last edited by katharsis; 03-21-2019 at 04:38 PM..

Old 03-21-2019, 04:45 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
According to Trump supporters, people who aren't white, heterosexual, and the right kind of Christian aren't real Americans so they don't count. "Real Americans" voted for Trump.
Nope (to the bold), or at least not entirely. Many white heterosexual Christians voted for Hillary. (Otherwise, how do you explain that all of the New England states, except for Pennsylvania, went for HRC?)

https://www.cnn.com/election/2016/results

Old 03-21-2019, 04:53 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
You'll have to make sure you spread them around

Old 03-21-2019, 04:57 PM

Quote:
"As far as I’m concerned, any woman who voted against Hillary Clinton voted against their own voice."
-- Michele Obama

But that didn't count when her husband was running against Hillary.

Old 03-21-2019, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Hillary blamed 'pressure' from men for why white women voted for Trump.

Dem Translation... Women who didn't vote for Hillary are wimps

Old 03-21-2019, 05:10 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
"I wish I could do it now. Twice. Or better yet, in as many jurisdictions as I can. Preferably in every swing district and every swing state."
In other words you'd commit massive voter fraud and he sees no problem with that. No wonder he's voting for Trump

"Stormy Daniels and Michael Cohen Are Non-Issues For Me"
Were Rev. Wright and Bill Ayres also Non-Issues for you?

"Every time the Democrats and their media allies peddle yet another “end of the Trump presidency bombshell,” I laugh hysterically"
Did you laugh hysterically everytime somebody called for Obama's impeachment?

"I can’t even keep track of half the revelations that were supposed to bring Trump to an ignominious end. Even the Democrats forget most of them within days. Remember Papadopoulos? Flynn? Gates? Roger Stone? Some 77-year-old guy I’ve never heard of, getting a handjob at a Florida massage parlor?"

Neither can I, any one of those things would have resulted in impeachment hearings if Obama or any Democrat had done them. The only reason none of this has brought Trump to an ignominious end is because the Republicans have their faces too far up his ass. He could rape and kill a nine year old girl and they would still defend him.
Papadopoulos had a high position in the Trump campaign. Anybody who had had a high position in the Obama campaign that turned out to be a criminal would be tied directly to Obama and there would be full House and Senate investigations. Gates was his campaign manager. Anybody who had been Obama's campaign that turned out to be a criminal would be tied directly to Obama and there would be full House and Senate investigations. Michael Flynn was his National Security Advisor. Anybody who had been Obama's National Security Advisor that turned out to be a criminal would be tied directly to Obama and there would be full House and Senate investigations. Roger Stone was a very close friend. Any close friend, or even not so close friend of Obama that had turned out to be a criminal would be tied directly to Obama. Remember Bill Ayres? Palling around with terrorists? Yeah that's the kind of **** I'm talking about. Robert Kraft is a close personal friend of Donald Trump. And no, us Democrats have not forgotten any of the **** Trump has done. I remember it and fully intend to throw it right back in your ****ing face when you whine about the next Democratic president. So if in October of 2020 you find out that the Democratic nominee once went to a topless bar when he was in college save us your insane and sanctomonious ramblings about morality. Same for if he insults a war hero or refuses to release his taxes or any other documents. If as president he viciously attacks Republicans and conservatives on a regular basis I don't want to hear your spoutings about being "presidential".

"Stormy Daniels? Right. Who gives two ****s about Trump’s sex life 12 years ago?"
You people gave a whole crap load of **** about what Obama's mom gave him for dinner when he was 10 years old. You also gave a whole crap load of **** about what Obama's dad was doing before he was even born. You gave a whole crap load of **** about who Obama's mom married when Obama was about 3 years old and you gave a whole crap load of **** about what color her skin was.

"But, but, “Trump paid her off! It was hush money!” you say? Yeah, okay. He probably did. Oh, hell, who are we kidding here? I am certain that he did. And I care about all this why?"
Why don't you tell us? When some Democrat is accused of paying hush money and you care about it tell us then why you care. No wait, that's already happened, sort of. Why did you care that Obama was paying lawyers to keep his college records secret? He wasn't but you thought he was. Why did you care?

"Sundry Scandals Don’t Bother Me Either"
That's a ****ing lie. They just don't bother you when they belong to Dear Leader. I'm sure that every single one of Obama's fake scandals bothered you greatly. And if the next Democratic president has even the slightest hint of a scandal you will scream bloody murder and it won't matter what your Vanguard and Fidelity account balances say. Any type of "non-compliance" of the law by the next Democratic president and you will not be saying "Sundry Scandals Don’t Bother Me" because you like all conservatives are a major hypocrite. All of this **** that you're pooh poohing you would be calling for impeachment is a Democrat had done just one of them.

"What’s that? Russia? Mueller? Collusion? I am sick of Russia"
Were you also sick of the six year investigation into Hillary Clinton that didn't find a damn thing?

(And, for the record, I was born in Russia, so I know Russia like these Democrat clowns can’t even imagine.)
WHO THE HELL CARES WHERE YOU WERE BORN? Being born in Russia doesn't mean ****. It certainly doesn't make you an expert. There is more than enough evidence that Trump colluded with Russia. If he was a democrat 1/10 of that would be deemed enough for impeachment. One meeting, like the one Bill Clinton had on a plane, would be enough. Even if you had no idea what was talked about

"all they actually have on the collusion front is Manafort’s tax evasion from 10 years ago. That’s it?"
No stupid, we also have the meeting at Trump Tower with Trump Jr. and the Russians. That alone would be enough if Trump was a Democrat.

"Remember that New York Times monster 15,000-word article about Trump’s inheritance taxes 30 years ago? Ask me if I care."

"Jared Kushner?"

"Ivanka’s shoe line?"

Trump Hotel in DC?
I'll ask you why you care when a Democrat does it, because you will. You'll act like he committed a major crime and you'll demand his impeachment. You certainly won't be yawning when some Democrat is pulling that ****

"The Emoluments Clause?"

"Obstruction? Here, I agree. Trump made a mistake. He should have fired Comey’s ass on day one instead of waiting two months to do it."

All of this **** that you are dismissing, laughing at, saying Puuuuhhhhlease, yawning at, every single one of them you would be demanding impeachment if it was done by a Democrat. Your entire screed can be broken down to Trump should be above the law and anything he does is ok by me. Trump hasn't raped and killed anybody but if he did I'm sure you'd be yawning over that too.
I can’t stand Trump myself and while I haven’t seen anything that he could be impeached for, yet there is still time. And odds are IF they find anything he’ll be impeached after he leaves office.

What DOES concern me is Trumps mental health. Having issues with a dead man, tweeting like a 10 year old girl. Telling everyone how raid he’s been treated to anyone who will listen. The list goes on and on.
Trump needs to see a shrink his ego is too big and the this country is paying the price.

If you can’t see that then you care more about party then this nation you claim to love so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies