Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2019, 07:52 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Republicans had 10 years to show Americans what their health care alternative is to Obamacare and Democratic healthcare proposals.

Despite the unpopularity of Obamacare from 2010 to 2017, originally, Obamacare became a favored healthcare entitlement program like Social Security, Medicare, and other liberal government programs.

What is the GOP healthcare plan?

Remember the BRAIN-DEAD LIAR-IN-CHIEF saying they had a better,more-affordable health care plan???
Just another of his countless lies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2019, 08:09 AM

3,356 posts, read 1,232,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I know of no legislation passed by Republicans that destroyed it. It's still hanging around. If it's limping along what are Democrats doing about it, besides whining?

McCain's vote did me no favors whatsoever.
No legislation? How about the vote to drop the penalty?
Mostly they just refuse to make any fixes to improve it.

Old 03-22-2019, 08:50 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
If you can't afford health care, you die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The GOP has plenty to offer to people who don't want to sit back and let the government do everything for them.
The GOP has offered nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
As the ACA is in place rather than repeal it why not just fix whats wrong with it .
Because the Republicans in the administration and Congress don't want to build on anything built by previous administrations. That's the bottom line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
GUT 90% of ALL government, getting it back to its constitutional limits. Yea... Now THAT sounds good to me.
Paraphrased, the Constitution allows the federal government to provide for the welfare of its people. That's a pretty broad "Constitutional limit".

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
I was insurance companies to be able to do business across state lines to eliminate monopolies and to increase competition.
Yes ... That worked so well for the banking industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Why does the GOP need a health plan?
Because Trump said he'd give the nation the biggest and bestest health plan ever! You just wait and see ...

Old 03-22-2019, 09:28 AM

27,546 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
The plan is: if you're not rich, die quickly.

(This is also the plan for other things besides healthcare).
The biggest problem with “universal healthcare” espoused by the left is that it is a green signal for deadbeats and illegal aliens to leech off of taxpayer money.

That is not acceptable to most Republicans and conservatives, any way you look at it.

Not going to happen in America.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:31 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
how much does Sanders plan cost?

Provisions would tend to drive up spending, including coverage for nearly 30 million uninsured people, no deductibles or copays, and improved benefits, including dental, vision, and hearing.

After taking into account current government healthcare financing, the study estimated that doubling all federal individual and corporate income taxes would not fully cover the additional costs.
The money YOU pay in taxes gets used so that YOU can have health care. I would pay a little more in taxes to be able to have healthcare as apposed to paying taxes and not having anything.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:36 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
I have a pretty good plan for health insurance. it's called get a job and get benefits. it's the simplest of plans.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:38 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The biggest problem with “universal healthcare” espoused by the left is that it is a green signal for deadbeats and illegal aliens to leech off of taxpayer money.

That is not acceptable to most Republicans and conservatives, any way you look at it.

So only America has deadbeats and illegal aliens? How does most of Europe manage to cover their entire populations with their "deadbeats and illegals", yet manage to cover them at half the price on average, and live longer and healthier to boot?

Old 03-22-2019, 09:43 AM

9,501 posts, read 4,332,846 times
Quote:
Republicans had 10 years to show Americans what their health care alternative is to Obamacare and Democratic healthcare proposals.

Despite the unpopularity of Obamacare from 2010 to 2017, originally, Obamacare became a favored healthcare entitlement program like Social Security, Medicare, and other liberal government programs.

You're missing the point. When did it become the government's problem to make sure you have affordable health care? Let me help: never. Providing health care for you and your family is your responsibility. The entitlement mentality is rampant these days, as evidenced by your post. The assumption that you have a right to affordable healthcare has no basis in fact.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:43 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I have a pretty good plan for health insurance. it's called get a job and get benefits. it's the simplest of plans.
As a whole yeah you can do that but they don’t cover jack unless your a CEO, etc. then odds are that your coverage sucks.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:48 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
As a whole yeah you can do that but they don’t cover jack unless your a CEO, etc. then odds are that your coverage sucks.
I actually have incredible coverage and it costs next to nothing. I think I pay $140 a month for the best coverage blue cross blue shield offers. as far as "ceo's" getting the best coverage, do you think that would change under a medicare for all plan? do you think that suddenly poor people with AIDS are going to get the magic johnson treatment? nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies