Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 04:26 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,428,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
And your response is: world's smallest violin.

You don't have any issue with people being killed, attacked, injured, tortured, imprisoned, etc for simply practicing their faith.

Says everything that I need to know about you.

As well as you. I know the left likes to believe that all Christians are old, white, stupid people in the U.S., but Christians are actually of all races, all ages, and across the world. For anyone to claim it's because of G.W. Bush is an idiot. The people in all of those other countries did not do what some of the left on here are pretending that they did.

The fact is, people are being hurt and killed simply because they believe in Christianity. That's it. And the lefty pukes think that's okay. Why so fragile, lefties? You're not sure about your own set of beliefs? Not fully convinced of your atheism, so kill those who say differently? This shows how weak minded some of those on the left truly are, as well as those who claim to follow another religion. If people were so sure about what they thought, they would leave others alone to practice what they believe - but that doesn't happen, because some weak ass fools in this world. Further, going to Iraq had absolutely nothing to do with religion. It had everything to do with resources.
This. Some on the left, when they hear or read the word "Christians" conjur up an image of white Americans (those other people many of them seem to hate) forgetting that there are Christians of all races and nationalities in the world. Christians in Muslim lands and in China don't even register on their radar.

All Narrative, all the time.

Old 03-22-2019, 04:29 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,428,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Christians have persecuted others for a long time. Karma is a b....
So a Christian child in Africa who is killed during an Easter service is simply reaping "karma."

Old 03-22-2019, 04:30 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I think murdering people for their faith is unconscionable. It's very sad. People should be allowed to practice their faith in a peaceable manner. What I am against is Christians going into other countries that don't practice Christianity and trying to push their religion on them. I don't think they should be killed for doing that, of course, but I think Christians need to keep their religion to themselves, which they won't of course, because of the great commission. But the problem is not everybody believes in a great commission.

I've also had a problem with Christians over the ages doing their own share of torturing, i.e., the Inquisition, etc. Religion can really effed up when people don't do it right.
Hurray, we agree on something again. The bolded: I'm the same. No need for that. Let them believe what they want to believe.

None of that, however, proves that hurting and killing these people is deserved.

Actually, Matthew told people to do it, not Jesus. Religion is supposed to be between that person and God, it is not supposed to be used to change other people, or to use as some sort of "look at me, I'm going to heaven because of my beliefs while you're going to hell". None of that was ever ordered to be done.

No, they should not. No religion should.

But if someone's biggest gripe about Christianity is "they shove their Bible down my throat" (which does not happen) then they have no ground to stand on claiming that it's perfectly acceptable to hurt, kill, injure, and/or torture a Christian who is practicing their faith.

Old 03-22-2019, 04:30 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Christians have persecuted others for a long time. Karma is a b....
To be fair, Christianity in many other countries isn't the tyrannical fundamentalist Falwellian monster it has become in the US. The exception is in Africa, where American evangelical groups have been quietly behind the scenes promoting Christian states that murder gay people and other "sinners."

Old 03-22-2019, 04:33 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Islam happened, and has been violently expanding for 1400 years. No surprise considering Mohammad the founder, murdered those who made fun of him, raped little girls, and enslaved his fellow man.
Not to be confused with Christians who tortured and killed those who didn't convert, enslaved none Caucasians viewing them as inferior, raped little boys (ask the Catholics to explain) , and now claim to be the victims of persecution...

Old 03-22-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
To be fair, Christianity in many other countries isn't the tyrannical fundamentalist Falwellian monster it has become in the US. The exception is in Africa, where American evangelical groups have been quietly behind the scenes promoting Christian states that murder gay people and other "sinners."
This is probably the very first time I've ever agreed with you the entire time I've been on City Data. You are exactly correct.

Again, I state: I'm agnostic. My mother, a Democrat by the way, is Christian. The very idea that some people on this forum have that it would be acceptable that she be hurt, injured, tortured, or killed simply because she follows her religion, is going to get my hackles up and side with those Christians.

I've seen my fair share of Christians who tell people they are going to go to hell. I've seen my fair share of Christians who say that if someone doesn't believe in Jesus, they are going to hell. There are some factions that actually say it doesn't matter how good you are, the only way is if you believe in Jesus.

Not even Matthew says that. In the Bible, Jesus only told the disciples to go to the Jews, not "everyone on earth". Matthew is the one who said that people should go to the "Gentiles" as well. Jesus never said that.

Further, Jesus also said that "the only way to get to God was through him" and that the way to do that was to help those in need. "Those in need" does NOT mean "proselytize to those who are not Christians."

We can break apart all kinds of things that some churches have told their congregation - so much of it is sorely misinterpreted. Not all Christians are ignorant of their own religion. Not all Christians world wide are like the ignorant Christians in the U.S.

Of course there's ignorant Christians in the U.S. who don't even know their own religion. To them, going to church on Sunday is all that they need to do. They've done their part, and then some of them go around acting superior to others. None of that is what they are supposed to be doing.

Those are not, however, the majority. There's a whole lot more who don't do that garbage than there are who do. To paint every Christian in the world as "the exact same" as some annoying clod you met on the plane or bus or train one day who tried to shove their religion "down your throat", is no different than anyone who claims that "all Muslims are terrorists". No, not all Muslims are terrorists. A small percentage of them are, their Quran isn't exactly friendly towards "non believers", and that small percentage does add up to a whole lot of people, but it's not all of them.

So if you want to say, every time there's a terrorist attack by a Muslim that we can't blame all Muslims for it, then you don't get to say that every time a Christian does or says something stupid, or a Catholic molests a child, it means it's all of them.

It's not all of them, those people did not "reap what they sowed" because those people are not the type of Christian some of you are thinking about.

We get it, someone who claimed to be Christian really irked you. Time to move on now, and stop doing what you tell others not to do.

Old 03-22-2019, 04:47 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://www.newsweek.com/christian-p...FT3XQ_zeJAHrbU

The persecution and genocide of Christians across the world is worse today “than at any time in history,” and Western governments are failing to stop it, a report from a Catholic organization said.
The study by Aid to the Church in Need said the treatment of Christians has worsened substantially in the past two years compared with the two years prior, and has grown more violent than any other period in modern times.
“Not only are Christians more persecuted than any other faith group, but ever-increasing numbers are experiencing the very worst forms of persecution,” the report said.

MSM doesn't talk about this, why?

Maybe because it's a study conducted by an organization that exists to aid allegedly persecuted Christian churches?

Old 03-22-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
And your response is: world's smallest violin.

You don't have any issue with people being killed, attacked, injured, tortured, imprisoned, etc for simply practicing their faith.

Says everything that I need to know about you.

As well as you. I know the left likes to believe that all Christians are old, white, stupid people in the U.S., but Christians are actually of all races, all ages, and across the world. For anyone to claim it's because of G.W. Bush is an idiot. The people in all of those other countries did not do what some of the left on here are pretending that they did.

The fact is, people are being hurt and killed simply because they believe in Christianity. That's it. And the lefty pukes think that's okay. Why so fragile, lefties? You're not sure about your own set of beliefs? Not fully convinced of your atheism, so kill those who say differently? This shows how weak minded some of those on the left truly are, as well as those who claim to follow another religion. If people were so sure about what they thought, they would leave others alone to practice what they believe - but that doesn't happen, because some weak ass fools in this world. Further, going to Iraq had absolutely nothing to do with religion. It had everything to do with resources.

If you believe that you really don't know very much at all.

Old 03-22-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
If you believe that you really don't know very much at all.
No, I know what they think. Not only have I been around enough of them in the decade + that I spent in Seattle, I know that by reading what they say elsewhere when the topic isn't even about religion, but they pipe in with some insult about Christians - that is precisely what they are attacking. They aren't attacking all of those Mexican Catholics, I assure you. They aren't attacking some Christian in North Korea. They are attacking old, white Americans who may or may not actually be Republicans, but they act as if all Christians are.

You need to work on your observation skills - they are sorely lacking.

Old 03-22-2019, 05:26 PM

Quote:
No, I know what they think. Not only have I been around enough of them in the decade + that I spent in Seattle, I know that by reading what they say elsewhere when the topic isn't even about religion, but they pipe in with some insult about Christians - that is precisely what they are attacking. They aren't attacking all of those Mexican Catholics, I assure you. They aren't attacking some Christian in North Korea. They are attacking old, white Americans who may or may not actually be Republicans, but they act as if all Christians are.

You may think you know but you don't know jack. By your wide brush I guess I'd be correct in saying I know the right subscribes to everything David Duke has ever said, eh?

Quote:
You need to work on your observation skills - they are sorely lacking.

You need to work on the delusion you know what others think, I see that very clearly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies