Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 07:37 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
We'd spend less if our government was not buying junk food for millions upon millions of poor people.

Make food stamps only good for veggies, fruit and protein and watch our healthcare costs plummet.

As long as we spend billions of tax dollars provide tge poor with chips, cookies and soda, our tab will be very high.
And you actually think that is why our HC is so expensive.....?

Old 03-25-2019, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
And please stop writing, "Swizz." It is Swiss.
I knew something was off, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

From your article:

Quote:
as a percentage of GDP, Swiss public spending on health coverage is 60 percent lower than America's.
According to my numbers it was only 30% less expensive, but I think your article includes the overall cost with Medicare, Medicaid etc.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:00 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,085,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why do you keep relating things which have already been proven false? Such behavior is dishonest.
Why do you keep ignoring what is in plain view, 1.9 million resident aliens 1.65 million, 85% of the total immigrants are from Europe, Doesn't represent an open door policy of providing refuge for the less fortunate of the world...

Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigr...to_Switzerland

Old 03-25-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Why do you keep ignoring what is in plain view, 1.9 million resident aliens 1.65 million, 85% of the total immigrants are from Europe, Doesn't represent an open door policy of providing refuge for the less fortunate of the world...
Fact: 25% of Swiss population are foreign born
Fact: Switzerland has open land borders (not even passport control, let alone walls)
Fact: They do take in refugees

You keep repeating stuff which is simply not true, and when you are exposed, you try to move the goal posts by saying things like "ok, fine, they have immigrants, but they are white".

You are trying to blame Americas problems on people who are not white, which is the old "white superiority" argument.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:32 AM

14,225 posts, read 4,590,273 times
Quote:
Fact: 25% of Swiss population are foreign born
Fact: Switzerland has open land borders (not even passport control, let alone walls)
Fact: They do take in refugees

You keep repeating stuff which is simply not true, and when you are exposed, you try to move the goal posts by saying things like "ok, fine, they have immigrants, but they are white".

You are trying to blame Americas problems on people who are not white, which is the old "white superiority" argument.
It's "white superiority" to state the facts?

The vast majority of immigrants in Swiss are Europeans and from wealthy Europe countries/Schengen Area (mostly Germany, Italy, and Portugal).

It's disingenuous to compare immigrants from wealthy countries to immigrants from poor/undeveloped countries. It's even more disingenuous to compare the struggle between white immigrants to colored immigrants. It's appears that is what you are trying to do.

btw, I'm a minority (the real minority, the colored minority), i'd laugh in your face if you claim your white ancestors suffer the same discrimination as my ancestors in America.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
It's "white superiority" to state the facts?
How do you figure it's a fact to claim their healthcare system works because their population is more white, and ours does not work because we have more non-whites?

Of course it is a white superiority argument.

Quote:
btw, I'm a minority (the real minority, the colored minority), i'd laugh in your face if you claim your white ancestors suffer the same discrimination as my ancestors in America.
I have not claimed that. As a matter of fact I have no clue what you are even talking about. What discrimination?

Old 03-25-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
How do you figure it's a fact to claim their healthcare system works because their population is more white, and ours does not work because we have more non-whites?

Of course it is a white superiority argument.

I have not claimed that. As a matter of fact I have no clue what you are even talking about. What discrimination?
non-whites are visible minority. if a non-white politician advocates for [insert a controversial political issue here] that would benefit minority, do you think there would not be any opposition from the white population?

white immigrants are not visible immigrants in Europe. It's easier for them to blend in/assimilate their daily life and politics.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
white immigrants are not visible immigrants in Europe. It's easier for them to blend in/assimilate their daily life and politics.
A Syrian refugee does not look any different than Europeans from Italy, Spain, or Greece, or even Swiss.

Sorry, I do not believe their healthcare works better because their population is more white than ours. Do you believe that?

Old 03-25-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
A Syrian refugee does not look any different than Europeans from Italy, Spain, or Greece, or even Swiss.

Sorry, I do not believe their healthcare works better because their population is more white than ours. Do you believe that?
a white-looking-middle-eastern immigrant is classify as Caucasian in the US.

obviously you do not believe that because you are a white guy and not a member of the visible minority.

I was born & raised here in the US and speak English with Americanized accent. Yet, I still have people ask "which country are you from?" people don't ask that kind of question to a white guy unless that white guy speaks English with a heavy foreign accent.

Old 03-25-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
a white-looking-middle-eastern immigrant is classify as Caucasian in the US.

obviously you do not believe that because you are a white guy and not a member of the visible minority.

I was born & raised here in the US and speak English with Americanized accent. Yet, I still have people ask "which country are you from?" people don't ask that kind of question to a white guy unless that white guy speaks English with a heavy foreign accent.
You avoided the question.

Do you think US healthcare is worse than Swiss, because we are less white?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies