U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 08:26 AM

8,422 posts, read 4,364,756 times

Advertisements

President Trump's reelection campaign has cycled $1.3 million in campaign funds into his businesses, according to an analysis of the campaign's recent filings released by Forbes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...w0Y?li=BBnb7Kz

The THIEF-IN-CHIEF at it again! Hope he rots in the pen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2019, 08:55 AM

32,462 posts, read 26,332,322 times
the first question i have to ask is, is what he did legal? if so then there is no issue here, just your extreme hate for anything trump.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:14 AM

36,914 posts, read 16,100,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
President Trump's reelection campaign has cycled $1.3 million in campaign funds into his businesses, according to an analysis of the campaign's recent filings released by Forbes.

"according to a Forbes analysis"

let me repeat, ACCORDING TO A FORBES ANALYSIS!

I did NOT see a name NOR any actual info to back it up!

Old 03-22-2019, 09:55 AM

45,831 posts, read 34,049,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"according to a Forbes analysis"

let me repeat, ACCORDING TO A FORBES ANALYSIS!

I did NOT see a name NOR any actual info to back it up!
Here you go:

FEC Electronic Filings by DONALD J. TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT, INC.

Old 03-22-2019, 10:14 AM

1,609 posts, read 411,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Lol, guess he isnít quick enough.

Old 03-22-2019, 10:22 AM

7,864 posts, read 2,285,263 times
Quote:
Reminds me how from time to time, incidents at various HOAs come to light, whereby the HOA did not put a service out for competitive big and instead, awarded a contract to a business in which a elected board member had a financial interest.

States have increasingly enacted laws about self dealing/ conflicts of interest within HOAs. . No two states have the same laws. Minimally, the HOA is required to disclose the conflict to owner/ members. Some states require HOAs to put the desired service out for bid.

Regardless, it leaves a bad taste in the mouths of owner/ members and perceptions of self dealing/ conflicts of interest persist.

Trump entered office with unprecedented real and percieved conflicts of interest.

His DC hotel, MaraLago and other golf properties have all benefitted from Trump's presidency. Secret Service bills their costs to the government. While Trump's interest in Trump Inc were put into trust, Trump is the beneficiary of the trust.

Trump is exiting Air Force 1 in West Palm Beach for another long weekend at Maralago, as I key this.
Trump should get some R&R to celebrate the Mueller report being released soon. Don't be force fed by the liberal media. Think for yourself. Bad taste in their mouth? lol.... is that a legal term?

Old 03-22-2019, 10:25 AM

31,663 posts, read 19,968,456 times
I'm not sure of the legalities, it's a very fine line, and most politicians would not cross it because it looks bad.

I think it is legal, but we will find out!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 03-22-2019, 10:48 AM

5,443 posts, read 2,013,160 times
Quote:
Reminds me how from time to time, incidents at various HOAs come to light, whereby the HOA did not put a service out for competitive big and instead, awarded a contract to a business in which a elected board member had a financial interest.
Regardless, it leaves a bad taste in the mouths of owner/ members and perceptions of self dealing/ conflicts of interest persist.
Trump entered office with unprecedented real and percieved conflicts of interest.
Clearly you and I "get it." There should be a wall that separates the public interest from the politician's personal business interests. For whatever reason Trump lacks that filter. And, just as bad, his followers excuse his moral, ethical and perhaps legal shortcomings in this area.

Trump has spent $100 mil of taxpayer money to cover travel and security for his many visits to Mar A Lago. His security detail rent rooms at Mar A Lago, who are charged the full rack rate, and Trump Inc. profits from their stay. That reeks of the swamp right there. Not a peep out of his conservative followers, who, last time I checked, believed in "small government" and "reducing government expenditures."

Old 03-22-2019, 01:42 PM

4,502 posts, read 885,984 times
Then we also have the blurred lines with Super PACs and PACs.

Old 03-22-2019, 02:03 PM

71,964 posts, read 83,625,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post

Because this appeared via MSN we are all supposed to believe it at face value? I don't think so and you have no idea if it is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies