Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 03:30 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,274,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Simple fixes become your grand conspiracies about g-men coming to knock on your door b/c you're on a list. Suddenly you being on THIS list is what the gov't has been waiting for to become the 3rd world gestapos.

Nevermind that there are all already all kinds of registries for legal things, that also have people buying them on the black market. Yet somehow guns are going to be the outlier that cops use to kick down your door for daily searches.

For example, a registry w/ legal information: SSN database. Illegal off-registry usage: Stolen SSN. Using your logic, we should have cops kicking down doors everyday to see if Joe Schmo has a valid SSN, right? This is how INSANE you sound.
I sound insane?

I asked 3 questions, pretty simple ones, here they are again.

Is there a meth and crack registry?

What is an appropriate period for searches of registered gun owners homes?

How will this discover unregistered gun owners?

They're all based on statements you made here.

Quote:
So you think a national gun registry is going to lead to daily searches for guns in people's homes when that's not even happening for meth and crack? That's crazy talk.
Yet I sound insane?

You understand that making statements that have no bearing on the response made, seems far less rational, than asking pertinent questions. But don't let me be the one to stop you foaming at the mouth and speaking in tongues, you go guy.

Old 03-28-2019, 03:41 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
I sound insane?

I asked 3 questions, pretty simple ones, here they are again.

Is there a meth and crack registry?

What is an appropriate period for searches of registered gun owners homes?

How will this discover unregistered gun owners?

They're all based on statements you made here.

Yet I sound insane?

You understand that making statements that have no bearing on the response made, seems far less rational, than asking pertinent questions. But don't let me be the one to stop you foaming at the mouth and speaking in tongues, you go guy.
I didn't answer any of your questions b/c all three were obviously troll questions trying to derail the conversation.

1. Why would there be a meth and crack registry? Oh b/c opting for an absurd interpretation of my point and the actual interpretation is what I wrote is trolling. You chose to which path you wanted to go down.
2. Begging the question. I don't need to acknowledge logical fallacies by answering them like they're legitimate points.
3. Again begging the question. I don't need to acknowledge logical fallacies by answering them like they're legitimate points.

Does that help you understand why I dismissed your questions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2019, 04:44 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,879 times
Quote:
Like I keep saying how is tracking the flow of guns from legal gun owners to the black market A BAD THING?!

That's what a gun registry will do.
Your examples only provide potential assistance in tracking the path a gun has taken from original purchase to being used as an instrument of violence. And the chance that it went directly from original buyer to ultimate end user is slight, if any. What does a registry do to actually prevent misuse of these tools? Straw buying is already a Federal crime. How often is that pursued?

The only purpose of a registry is to tax or to confiscate. Look at what’s happening so quickly in New Zealand. Such laws only affect the law abiding, and in this case I’d reasonably estimate than the majority would not comply, given the low chance of being caught. Not registering would still allow me to sleep well at night.

Cries of “We must do something!” or “Let’s try it!” is nothing more than excuse to make people surrender rights that they will never get back.

Unclutch your pearls, Nellie.

Old 03-29-2019, 01:51 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Like I keep saying how is tracking the flow of guns from legal gun owners to the black market A BAD THING?!

That's what a gun registry will do.
nope because a registry will not track the black market

a registry gives the government a list of legal owners to confiscate THEIR property or to tax them out of their property

how are you going to track/enforce / prosecute guns that are stolen?? what good is that registry going to be, other than to penalize the original LEGAL owner for having his/her property STOLEN

Old 03-29-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
So you think a national gun registry is going to lead to daily searches for guns in people's homes when that's not even happening for meth and crack? That's crazy talk.

so let's mandate, not only a national gun registry, but also a meth/heroin/crack/pot user/addict registry.... how about unhealthy foods registry

so should we register every casual drug USER???

that is how insane a gun registry sounds, because I bet you would be the first to complain

Old 03-29-2019, 02:02 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,137,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
how are you going to track/enforce / prosecute guns that are stolen?? what good is that registry going to be, other than to penalize the original LEGAL owner for having his/her property STOLEN
Stolen from where? What gun owners are getting their guns stolen? Theyre too much gung ho on the 2A to allow that to happen.

The registry will catch all the foul gun shops that are selling the guns on the black market.

We need to kill the private gun shops/shows and just make gun buying like the DMV, that way a registration system can be adhered to.

Old 03-29-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Stolen from where? What gun owners are getting their guns stolen? Theyre too much gung ho on the 2A to allow that to happen.

The registry will catch all the foul gun shops that are selling the guns on the black market.

We need to kill the private gun shops/shows and just make gun buying like the DMV, that way a registration system can be adhered to.
I LEGALLY buy a gun...

my wife and I go out

my house is broken into...crooks get jewelry, money, wife's furs, and my guns

my (once) LEGAL gun is now an ILLEGAL gun in the hands of a crook that uses it in a crime

they never catch the crook, but due to a registry, (which includes a ballistic registry), I am looked at for crimes/kills committed with that gun

Old 03-29-2019, 02:11 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
"We" don't need to do anything.

"You" need to mind your own business and not concern yourself with what other people acquire through consensual voluntary transactions.

And LMFAO at you wanting anything to be run like the DMV.

Old 03-29-2019, 02:26 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
The only proactive government "gun control" agenda that has ever worked, is a total nationwide ban and confiscation. And even that only works when govt conducts repeated periodic sweeps. Checking every house for illegal guns again and again, indefinitely into the future, whether the residents like it or not. In other words, an all-watchful, all-powerful police state.

Democrats up to and including Barack Obama, have praised various nations whose rates of gun deaths have gone down - Japan, Australia, England etc. And they have even expressed a desire to emulate them. Well, guess what: Those are the countries who have almost totally banned guns and even confiscated them. (Mandatory so-called "gun buybacks" are merely forced confiscation where taxpayers are also forced to subsidize you).

Keep in mind that when leftists do-gooders say they want only a few more "reasonable restrictions" on guns, it's because the restrictions they imposed last year didn't work. Crime and mass shootings continue merrily along. And so now they want to impose a few more regulations and restrictions. And when those don't work, next year a few more. The only scheme that does work, is complete confiscation of all of the people's guns, followed by regular house-to-house searches. And that's exactly what they are gradually working their way up to, one small piece at a time.

So-called "gun control" laws are only obeyed by the law-abiding. And they aren't the ones causing the problem.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/house-...ats-arent-rush

If a progressive says they "aren't trying to do something" you can bet they are trying to do exactly that!

History is unkind to them and their lies have been revealed time and time again.

They passed ACA because they couldn't pass single payer. They knew damn well ACA would fail and would lead to a single payer agenda. FACT!

They say they only want registration and no loopholes, they "don't want to confiscate all guns", BS!

They hold up Great Britain as how outlawing guns has done so well. What they ignore is that GB has had a crazy high surge in knife attacks and home invasions. A man killed a predator in self defense. The kid that forced entered his home and started beating him was shot dead with his shotgun. They tried him, the victim, of murder and he was sentenced to life in prison!

BSBSBSBSBS!!!

This is not an isolated case:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-pensioner-78/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...f-defence.html

EDUCATE YOURSELVES!

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...efense-rights/

GB sucks to live at this time. The thugs are now targetting the wealthy including stars. Even Tom Cruise jumped in to save a woman being attacked in London:
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...077-story.html

#savethe2nd

Old 03-29-2019, 05:21 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I LEGALLY buy a gun...

my wife and I go out

my house is broken into...crooks get jewelry, money, wife's furs, and my guns

my (once) LEGAL gun is now an ILLEGAL gun in the hands of a crook that uses it in a crime

they never catch the crook, but due to a registry, (which includes a ballistic registry), I am looked at for crimes/kills committed with that gun
For all we know you sold it to make a quick buck from someone who can't buy it themselves. In fact, maybe you've been doing that for years? Reporting your guns "stolen" and selling them for a little profit, bc you know there's no system in place to catch you.

If there was a system in place, it would throw up a red flag, that you get a couple guns "stolen" every few months. Maybe you'd have to stop flipping guns to the black market if a system was ever in place?

But meanwhile, according to another one of your gun ilk, 1/2 the guns in this country don't have serial numbers bc they keep getting "stolen" right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies