Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 09:46 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMrBFNoHBkg

The Limousine Liberals, could care less what people they are elected to serve, think.

My heart goes out to this guy, no matter where his political spectrum lies.
He's probably a lefty simply because of where he lives, regardless, he did not ask anything unreasonable.

Her dismissive "mm-hm" was so revealing to just how very little she cared what that person was going to say, or that he was requesting that they all even pay attention to him - that is the fricken point of those meetings.

People like that will suffer from what these elected officials have done to that city - and that's not right. As for the elected officials, I look forward to the day that the drug addled homeless start setting up camp on their property, since they have tied the hands of the police to do anything about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2019, 10:04 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Ive noticed the “heads down” at all city council And school board meetings.what a bunch of fat heads.

Old 03-22-2019, 10:08 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Ive noticed the “heads down” at all city council And school board meetings.what a bunch of fat heads.
I see it, too. Truthfully, I don't think most doing it are intentionally being rude, but it is infuriating nonetheless.

Old 03-23-2019, 10:02 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,454 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMrBFNoHBkg

The Limousine Liberals, could care less what people they are elected to serve, think.

My heart goes out to this guy, no matter where his political spectrum lies.
After putting Trump in the White House you're whining about some City Council member being rude? Do you not realize how idiotic and hypocritical that is.

If it bothers you so much just pretend he's Donald Trump and he's attacking a dead war hero.

Oh, it was a women. Ok then, pretend she's Donald Trump

Old 03-23-2019, 10:05 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
They lead miserable lives.

So do those who verbally attack dead men.

Old 03-23-2019, 10:06 AM

955 posts, read 744,758 times
I would have ended up in jail. These pissants are there to serve the people not the other way around. I would not have been ignored.

Old 03-23-2019, 10:08 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Respect for the people the put you in a high position to serve... Not.
Our Mayor got up and walked out, when Savannah spoke about Planned Parenthood paying our city $1 for yearly rent.

Staying within the time limits respects all the OTHER people who have come to speak.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-23-2019, 12:01 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Staying within the time limits respects all the OTHER people who have come to speak.
It does, but his request wasn't an unreasonable one and would have added a few seconds at most onto his time. Heck, they could have even still cut him off at 2 minutes . . . he was merely asking for the councilors to give him some attention. Its the response from the woman councilor that was the problem.

Old 03-23-2019, 12:41 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
I don't see how she was rude to him. She was actually pretty nice to guy who #1 asked for the clock to be stopped for him and #2 when off on a tangent about our democracy. He had 2 minutes to talk about the subject and failed.

Old 03-23-2019, 06:10 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
You notice... It is standing room only in there.....
Looks like 4 people. Probably because everyone knows it doesn't do any good and you cannot grease their palms enough to matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies