Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 09:44 AM

7,793 posts, read 6,350,013 times

Advertisements

Maybe their menstrual cycles will synch up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2019, 09:49 AM

20,956 posts, read 8,587,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Back in the day, there would have been a major beat down on the wussies.
Grow up... Be a man!
That was before programmers and technologists made 1000 or 1,000,000 times the value of some jock or bully with braun.

Even you..if you look carefully at your life, will find that these "nerds" and softies have contributed more to your survival and happiness than some alpha-male that beats you down.

Old 03-27-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Did you watch Who is America - when Cohen strapped on a preggy belly and had a doll pulled out of his....well, you have to watch it.

Not the funniest of the skits - that award goes to the GA. GOP Congress Critter who pulled his pants down and used his butt to scare away Islamists.

Old 03-27-2019, 09:51 AM

15,580 posts, read 10,301,129 times
Nothing wrong with cuddling, but Men who want to "cuddle" with other men aren't likely to prefer women sexually nor would most women prefer these men sexually.

Old 03-27-2019, 09:53 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,095,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Geesh right?
I was in the barber shop yesterday and two young men were talking. They both had that gay voice but also sounded sort of like valley girls and had accentuated responses....it's hard to describe exactly but it was completely cringeworthy! ...like totally!

Funniest parts were where one mentioned having recently married and finding out that the situation was less than ideal and the other hyping his hopeful rise through the corporate structure of Starbucks as a Barista!

They were starting to engage other men waiting in their conversation by asking questions about what they do and if they had family etc.. That's when I pretended to be asleep.

Old 03-27-2019, 09:56 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,088,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
When the Big War comes, the Russians are going to have a field day with us.
Take a look at the average Russian man's alcoholism rates, suicide rates, and overall life expectancy.

Seems they're having a field day with themselves.

Old 03-27-2019, 09:58 AM

18,132 posts, read 15,536,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Catholic Church beat you too it. Jk
Why should I care, why does this need to mattter to anyone not participating?
The baby boomers were hugging it up for a decade as hippies, nothing new.

Umm, well, I'm a Boomer. One of the last to be born. And I was no hippie. I grew up in the 70s and came of age in the 80s. And this cuddle group stuff is just weird to me. But, whatever floats your boat.

Old 03-27-2019, 10:01 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,454,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Geesh right?
I was in the barber shop yesterday and two young men were talking. They both had that gay voice but also sounded sort of like valley girls and had accentuated responses....it's hard to describe exactly but it was completely cringeworthy! ...like totally!

Funniest parts were where one mentioned having recently married and finding out that the situation was less than ideal and the other hyping his hopeful rise through the corporate structure of Starbucks as a Barista!

They were starting to engage other men waiting in their conversation by asking questions about what they do and if they had family etc.. That's when I pretended to be asleep.
I know exactly what you are talking about! Ive heard guys around here speak like that.

I think they must practice this kind of speech early on and after awhile they just speak this way naturally.

Old 03-27-2019, 10:06 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,088,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
That was before programmers and technologists made 1000 or 1,000,000 times the value of some jock or bully with braun.

Even you..if you look carefully at your life, will find that these "nerds" and softies have contributed more to your survival and happiness than some alpha-male that beats you down.
Can't rep you again. And let's not also forget those who have the sensitivity and empathy to see the suffering in the world and the compassionate drive to focus their work on making the world a better place rather than just making money. In the grand scheme of things, that brings far more value to the world.

My husband is a very kind and gentle person by nature, and that's a big reason I chose him. In fact, I dumped my "alpha/macho" boyfriend at the time for him. I just can't relate to soulless people.

Old 03-27-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Umm, well, I'm a Boomer. One of the last to be born. And I was no hippie. I grew up in the 70s and came of age in the 80s. And this cuddle group stuff is just weird to me. But, whatever floats your boat.
I was a real hippie (maybe still am) - 1970 abouts.

Believe me, we men never cuddled. Hippie Culture was actually quite "straight". We men did construction and the women raised the kids. We may have hugged men in greeting (as do Russians and many cultures), but NEVER did we cuddle men.

So, yeah, a lot of the current woo-woo wasn't in place.

Too long to explain in a forum post, but the 80's brought along stuff like "Fire in the Belly" and the "Warrior" movement....neither of which had anything to do with guns or toxic masculinity, but rather to do with understanding our own male drives and adapting them to the modern world.

But, yeah, hippies were anything but cuddly.

Later on - after the 60's "different drummer" changes, all sorts of movements came into being as people felt a bit more free to "be themselves", even if the society didn't approve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies