Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 11:28 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Come on Guys... I need a big HUG.

These Liberals Dems have really hurt my feelings.

Then let's head to the gun range.

Was that a .357 magnum or ya just happy to see me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2019, 11:28 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
If you are not my dad or son, I do not want a hug from you if you are a dude. Dont care if you think that is not being a gentleman.

Old 03-27-2019, 11:33 AM

6,261 posts, read 5,068,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Hmm......Texas is changing, my friend. Try to keep up!

Most of the cities there are already "progressive".

"Fast food chain Chick-fil-A has been banned from opening a new location at San Antonio International Airport over concerns about the company’s record on LGBT+ issues."

I was just thinking about this "masculinity" issue and the whole deplorable thing...that is, the "need" of MAGA hat wearers and trolls online, etc. to muck things up.

It seems to me to be an extension of the primate "urination and feces spreading" behavior...obviously subconscious and instinctive.

Why any modern human would equate guns, trolling, or incivility with masculinity is greek to me.

You may as well get used to it because when San Anton goes lib, so goes the Nation. Heck the radio today said IDAHO power company is going 100% green renewables. The big Coal firm in WY is going to file bankruptcy (also in the news)....

You should really focus on those regular chemical spills and fires instead of worrying that men are being "Gentle Men" - which, after all, has been a thing for 100's of years.

My son is a gentle man. That's how I raised him. I am one too. That's how my parents raised me. I can only hope that is the goal of most people.
I have seen my husband cry at the abuse of small children and animals. I also know what he did in the military. And what he sometimes had to do as a cop. He is not a gentle man. But he is a good, decent, moral, empathic, caring man. Who can be gentle when called upon to be.

I raised my boys to be the same way. They won't be spooning with any dudes anytime soon.

Old 03-27-2019, 11:35 AM

5,978 posts, read 2,234,421 times
This is a cultural and age thing I guess.

Been giving some form of a hug my whole life to other black men. Might be a half hug, a little dap with a hug, or a hand shake leading to a half or full hug. My dad has never done it outside of family (baby boomer), but its pretty regular in my age range (between Gen X and Millennial). Heck its common in rap and R&B videos. My kids don't do it much (Gen Y) so again I guess my generation's norms are a little different.

Old 03-27-2019, 11:44 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
This is a cultural and age thing I guess.

Been giving some form of a hug my whole life to other black men. Might be a half hug, a little dap with a hug, or a hand shake leading to a half or full hug. My dad has never done it outside of family (baby boomer), but its pretty regular in my age range (between Gen X and Millennial). Heck its common in rap and R&B videos. My kids don't do it much (Gen Y) so again I guess my generation's norms are a little different.
In many "macho" cultures (like parts of South America and Africa, the Arab world, India), straight men hold hands with each other as a symbol of friendship. In South Korea and Japan, straight male friends will often sit on each other's laps, and are generally much more touchy feely with each other than you might expect among straight friends.

Meanwhile in the US, guys sit a seat apart at the cinema because they're terrified of seeming gay.

Old 03-27-2019, 11:46 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Hmm......Texas is changing, my friend. Try to keep up!

Most of the cities there are already "progressive".

"Fast food chain Chick-fil-A has been banned from opening a new location at San Antonio International Airport over concerns about the company’s record on LGBT+ issues."

I was just thinking about this "masculinity" issue and the whole deplorable thing...that is, the "need" of MAGA hat wearers and trolls online, etc. to muck things up.

It seems to me to be an extension of the primate "urination and feces spreading" behavior...obviously subconscious and instinctive.

Why any modern human would equate guns, trolling, or incivility with masculinity is greek to me.

You may as well get used to it because when San Anton goes lib, so goes the Nation. Heck the radio today said IDAHO power company is going 100% green renewables. The big Coal firm in WY is going to file bankruptcy (also in the news)....

You should really focus on those regular chemical spills and fires instead of worrying that men are being "Gentle Men" - which, after all, has been a thing for 100's of years.

My son is a gentle man. That's how I raised him. I am one too. That's how my parents raised me. I can only hope that is the goal of most people.
So gentle means to not care about the truth and deflect from policy while promoting the violation of rights? Understood.

Texas isn't changing. That's just another thing you've made up with no proof. Oh thats right a restaurant at an airport is proof, right? LMAO The things that come out of a progressives mouth.

Old 03-27-2019, 11:46 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
So true it hurts.
So do you mean that cuddly men and women can't push the buttons to launch cruise missiles and ICBM's? Can't hack computer systems?

Be specific.

Old 03-27-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
So gentle means to not care about the truth and deflect from policy while promoting the violation of rights? Understood.

Texas isn't changing. That's just another thing you've made up with no proof. Oh thats right a restaurant at an airport is proof, right? LMAO The things that come out of a progressives mouth.
A city council in a relatively conservative Texas area (not Austin) taking such action would NEVER have happened a couple of decades back. Nor would a guy like Beto get within 6 points of Cruz.

See if that sinks in.

Sure, Texas will be the last holdout but all these jobs Texans crow about (satellite centers for big tech, etc.) is bringing an influx of progressives.

Numbers mean something.

Old 03-27-2019, 11:50 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Catholic Church beat you too it. Jk
Why should I care, why does this need to mattter to anyone not participating?
The baby boomers were hugging it up for a decade as hippies, nothing new.

Right...how is this not just a new spin on otherwise garden-variety homosexuality?

Old 03-27-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I have seen my husband cry at the abuse of small children and animals. I also know what he did in the military. And what he sometimes had to do as a cop. He is not a gentle man. But he is a good, decent, moral, empathic, caring man. Who can be gentle when called upon to be.

I raised my boys to be the same way. They won't be spooning with any dudes anytime soon.
All those southern re-enactors (Civil War) spoon REAL and tightly....you better believe in the real civil war those Rebs were spooning up a storm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies