Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ARE CHRISTIANS WHO SUPPORT TRUMP MORALLY AND SPIRITUALLY SUPERIOR THAN OTHER DEVOTEES?
Yes 13 14.29%
No 78 85.71%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 06:17 PM

20,733 posts, read 9,344,609 times

Advertisements

I already answered your question. Do you not read?
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Furthermore, the same is true of liberals and Trump: Liberals' feelings toward Trump are no different than your feelings toward liberals.

Old 03-28-2019, 06:21 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,104,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Pointing out that hate is evil is all I am doing here. Do liberals hate Trump? Or do they not? Simple.
Do you look for "Liberals" under your bed at night

Old 03-28-2019, 06:53 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,167,135 times
Quote:
Your wrong genius. I don't hate liberals. But liberals hate Trump. Don't shoot the messenger. Yes hate is demonic. And Liberals hate Trump. Cant get any simpler then that.
Hey genius, it's you're, not your.

Old 03-28-2019, 07:44 PM

68,281 posts, read 54,055,448 times
Quote:
Why do the liberals hate and judge Trump?? Who are the real evil doers here??? Liberals simply cannot admit the hate that they harbor in their hearts. They denial is amazing. No Christian can harbor so much hate for one man and be considered a Christian. It is demonic for liberals to harbor so much hate for Trump. All fall short of the glory.

Hate? NONSENSE!

Hate only saps energy from the hater and does nothing to the hated.

But WHAT is it that makes you apparently think we shouldn't feel free to judge Trump? You realize he's not a king right? He's supposed to represent the American people and any American who doesn't feel they're being well represented should feel free to judge him. And IF you really want to start judging just WHO qualifies as a Christian, how about a rundown of just what qualities/actions you believe make Trump 'Christ-like'?

The lying?

The cheating?

The name-calling?

The failure to keep his word?

WHAT?

Old 03-28-2019, 10:15 PM

35,370 posts, read 20,743,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
A hirling who speaks to itching ears. Worships the golden cow - not the Lord. I’ve listened to him once - one I’m sure Jesus would have called a Pharisee.

Old 03-28-2019, 10:18 PM

35,370 posts, read 20,743,230 times
Quote:
Pointing out that hate is evil is all I am doing here. Do liberals hate Trump? Or do they not? Simple.
Some might - most don’t - but I think you hate liberals, although you stated you don’t . But you protect and idolize a man. We voted and supported Clinton but ever worshiped her. Think you need to see where your loyalty lies - I only have one master, and it’s no human being.

Old 03-28-2019, 10:46 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,322,429 times
I have to admit I hate Trump for how he has divided our country, how he vocally calls people names and degrades them, how dishonest he is, how he lies and cheats little contractors, how he only concerns himself with being loved by a small segment of the American public (those who adore him more than God), how nasty and trashy he is, how he truly does not care about anyone but himself. I could go on and on. He is truly the only person I have ever hated in my life, except Hitler. (I visited the concentration camp, Auschwitz, in Poland. Evil incarnate.). Trump is evil also.

So, at my church recently, we were encouraged not to hate, but to pray for that person. However, I can only bring myself to pray that he will not be our President after 2020. Sad for me, but also sad for Trump, because I am among many who don’t want him as our leader. He is unfit morally and intellectually.

Old 03-28-2019, 10:55 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,395,561 times
You can't be a Christian and a Trump supporter at the same time. Gotta pick one.

Old 03-28-2019, 11:02 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,423,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remsleep View Post
Statements like this prove that Christianity is no longer a religion, it is now the brand name of a particular type of right wing politics. It was not too long ago that Christians were telling everyone that character counts in our leaders, that an immoral person should not be President and that doing the right thing was the most important thing.

Christians now support en masse a man that is without shame, morals, ethics or any principles whatsoever.

Jesus said that what you do to the least of his people you do to him.

We now have Christians that claim to follow the words of Jesus while applauding a man that has locked babies in cages, wants to take away food stamps from the poor, has labeled people he has never met as rapists and murderers, called entire countries s-holes, cheated on every wife he has ever had, failed to pay his debts, lies constantly and claims that he has never needed to seek forgiveness from God.
I agree with everything you wrote. It shows me that Christians are Christians in name only. Most have likely never even read the New Testament and I'm glad that so-called Christians support Trump, as it only exposes these frauds for what they are.

Old 03-28-2019, 11:10 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,423,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I have to admit I hate Trump for how he has divided our country, how he vocally calls people names and degrades them, how dishonest he is, how he lies and cheats little contractors, how he only concerns himself with being loved by a small segment of the American public (those who adore him more than God), how nasty and trashy he is, how he truly does not care about anyone but himself. I could go on and on. He is truly the only person I have ever hated in my life, except Hitler. (I visited the concentration camp, Auschwitz, in Poland. Evil incarnate.). Trump is evil also.

So, at my church recently, we were encouraged not to hate, but to pray for that person. However, I can only bring myself to pray that he will not be our President after 2020. Sad for me, but also sad for Trump, because I am among many who don’t want him as our leader. He is unfit morally and intellectually.
Trump is the antithesis of what Jesus preached, so how can these so-called Christians support someone like him?

They are either blindingly ignorant or not Christians to begin with, they have to be one or the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies