Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 10:45 AM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times

Advertisements

She's an egotistical ignorant pinhead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2019, 10:47 AM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Sounds like the bride seen him as a threat.......

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/brid...110336380.html

Divorce that bish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I smell a troll story from Reddit.

Fake story meant to rile people up and it worked.
I heard about this over 24 hours ago.

Old 03-28-2019, 10:53 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And then this response to her inquiry

It's formal military wear, but as a vet I can tell you that anyone who tries it in this situation is going to get the stink-eye from anyone who's ever served. This reeks of "thank me for my service".

All you can do at this 'inquiry' is life...if it isn't a troll and is sincere -- yes the Bride is an idiot.

She felt strongly enough about the issue to send the guy packing -- why would she come on Reddit and ask if she was an '*******' (that's the section -- Am I an *******......

LOL.

I don't know who to laugh at - her -- or the folks who would bother taking this seriously.

Come on -- this is ridiculously funny.

That family has issues for sure -- lol.
He didn't pay for the wedding. It was a d*** move.

Old 03-28-2019, 10:58 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Black tie optional is the same thing as dress uniform optional. Once upon a time black tie optional would have meant dress uniform mandatory, but the Vietnam War took it from mandatory to highly suggested and it morphed into this is something you can do by the 80’s. Honestly, it would have been a non-event prior to all the “all military are heroes, I must loudly thank them for their service” gushing that goes on now. While many don’t, it is not uncommon for service members to wear their uniforms to weddings and funerals - they do in my family.

If this story is true, and I hope for the couple’s sake it isn’t, her husband is in for some rough years, because that is one vain, overly self-involved chick. Did she ban people in wheelchairs, people who have recently been ill or suffered a loss, and mothers of new babies from her wedding? Because those folks also draw attention away from the bride. For what it’s worth, military members and their families often divert attention at weddings simply because they are often living far away from the family and people are excited to see them.

Old 03-28-2019, 11:02 AM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times
The story didn’t list his rank. Most likely he was a low to mid level enlisted rank. Considering military enlisted pay and the expense of airline travel perhaps he did not have the money to spend on a formal outfit like a tux and so felt his formal uniform would be an acceptable option he could afford. She was being selfish and jealous of the attention he was receiving instead of everyone fawning all over her.

Old 03-28-2019, 11:03 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
I would think that one would need to know the marine to make a comment. The dress code was black tie optional which means that everyone will be dressed in at least a suit and tie and most will probably be black tie. He is a young guy and his class As are probably the most formal thing he owns, he probably doesn't have a lot of money either. Let's face it, the class A USMC uniform is a beautiful thing.

Her tossing him is over the line. She said he acted appropriately at all times which is expected of anyone wearing a military uniform. She complained about him wearing all his medals? FFS it is a requirement with the uniform. It makes her look like an ass.

Old 03-28-2019, 11:09 AM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
If I was the groom, I would have called off the wedding, and FAST. You just married a loon who is going to make your life a living hell and ultimately walk away with half of everything you own (assuming no prenup) as there is no way she doesn't jilt you later as she feels that you upstaging her over some imaginary offense.

That said, I'm military and don't own many civilian suits. I would not want to have to shell out good money to pay for a tux rental when I could wear my dress uniform. Still, I also hate wearing my dress uniform cover (hat) and generally don't like wearing the dress uniform in general either (it can be very hot), so probably would do so. But I don't find anything obnoxious about wearing your dress uniform.

I remember when I got sworn into the state bar. I wore my dress uniform. I'm sure that some people thought I was showing off, but really couldn't be bothered with such a possibility.

Old 03-28-2019, 11:15 AM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
In case you don't know … a military Class A or dress uniform is considered formal attire and appropriate for any formal occasion.
That's what I understood as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It's formal military wear, but as a vet I can tell you that anyone who tries it in this situation is going to get the stink-eye from anyone who's ever served. This reeks of "thank me for my service".
I'm not military, but it honestly would have never occurred to me that anyone wearing a dress uniform to a formal occasion would be considered to have acted inappropriately.

Old 03-28-2019, 11:17 AM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
If I was the groom, I would have called off the wedding, and FAST. You just married a loon who is going to make your life a living hell and ultimately walk away with half of everything you own (assuming no prenup) as there is no way she doesn't jilt you later as she feels that you upstaging her over some imaginary offense.

That said, I'm military and don't own many civilian suits. I would not want to have to shell out good money to pay for a tux rental when I could wear my dress uniform. Still, I also hate wearing my dress uniform cover (hat) and generally don't like wearing the dress uniform in general either (it can be very hot), so probably would do so. But I don't find anything obnoxious about wearing your dress uniform.

I remember when I got sworn into the state bar. I wore my dress uniform. I'm sure that some people thought I was showing off, but really couldn't be bothered with such a possibility.
Agree. I was Navy and our dress blues were the worst with the 13 button pants, neckerchief, and Dixie cup hat you had to keep pure white. That was a very warm uniform and those leather dress shoes weren’t know for their all day walking/standing comfort even with Odoreater inserts. The summer dress whites were more comfortable but impossible to keep clean. In my time of service we had the option of working dress uniforms that would have been more to her liking such as the Johnny Cash (long sleeve black shirt, black necktie, and black slacks with ribbons) or summer working dress (short sleeve white shirt, white pants, ribbons, no necktie). The Johnny Cash would have been a great option. I’ve known some sailors who removed the rank and command patch from the Johnny Cash to wear it as a civilian outfit.

Old 03-28-2019, 11:19 AM

16,541 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Man she must be really insecure!
I have heard the wedding is all about the woman, and I guess in modern times it is (though that was not always the case).

So when brides supposedly pick out hideous bridesmaids outfits so as to make her look better and stand out, I guess I get it.
However they are suppose to be potentially jealous of other women outshining them on their special day, not a man in attending in uniform.
My goodness, what if it were a crippled boy with his support puppy in a wheelchair (like the kid Alex in the Shriners commercials) getting all sorts of attention. Would the bride demand he leave because she was not getting all the attention she felt entitled to?

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies