Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 08:59 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You're wrong, if the ATF has information on this, they will come to your door and they will confiscate your weapons. I know someone who had this happen to him during the Bush administration, his FAL semi automatics (3 of them) were not in compliance and the ATF somehow found out. He had to do some legal wrangling and make some modifications to get these weapons back.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Your boy was minding his own business until the law, pressed into place by slick willy, entrapped him. Like most people, he didn't even know he was "breaking a law" with his rifle until either someone told him or he figured it out himself. What the Govt wanted was for him to simply turn it in and take the loss. He looked at options and found out if he modified it, it would skirt these stupid laws and lawfully keep it.

Somewhere in there he tripped up. He either sent in a pic of it showing something wrong, like a high cap mag, silencer or something that tripped something at ATF. Most likely someone ratted him out for it to be ATF and not DOJ. Was it you?

Old 03-29-2019, 09:09 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I think the ban is a good thing. We don't need that stuff.

Trump's approval is at 50% today at Rasmussen, so he's not taking much of a hit for it and I don't think he will.
All polls count. But some of them count 'adults' and make no attempt to contact 'voters'. 'Voters' get to elect leaders, not 'adults'.
Study done about the last midterm elections -- Rasmussen was the polling group that was the most inaccurate in their polls.. Rasmussen released three generic ballot polls in the final three weeks of the 2018 campaign. The average Rasmussen poll had Democrats ahead by 1.7 points on the generic ballot. That's an underestimation of their eventual position of nearly 7 points. This made Rasmussen's average poll more inaccurate than any other pollster.

Real Clear Politics average approval is at 43.7%.
Five-thirty eight average approval is at 42.0%

Both are marginally up from previous averages but nothing to really do a *** about.

Old 03-29-2019, 10:30 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I don't think the Chinese would go to that trouble for plastic stocks... drop in auto sears and replica H&K trigger packs on the other hand I could see...

The plans were online to download for 3D printers...

For rebeldor and myself it's not a matter of a piece of plastic...
The principle of the matter is
1. The 8 year assault on your 2nd Amendment rights are over.
2. A supposed pro gun rights association willfully out liberaled liberals...
3. Legally owned and acquired items not only banned but ordered destroyed... without compensation...
4. Machine guns are clearly defined both at the technical level and judicial level.
This sets the precedent that words no longer have definitive clear straight to the point definitions.
A bumpstock in no way, shape, or form, is a machine gun. Neither in theory nor function.

1 action of the trigger for 1 round fired...
If you were to try the argument a bumpstock functions like a machine gun... you haven't ever used one.

You could hold a bumpstock equipped AR with 1 hand.
Engage the trigger. The rifle would fire 1 round and recoil rearwards and stay there.
1 round fired for 1 action of the trigger
Do the same with an M4/M16 with the fun switch to Auto.
It would keep on firing until empty.

Bumpstocks are not machine guns.
They don't function anything remotely similar to a real machine gun.

But we will claim they're machine guns because the Fudds at the NRA exploited Trump's hatred for all things Obama and brought to light the fact the ATF approved of them. Twice! As not machine guns.

And posters here wall about the NRA as some pro gun lobby... pfft. They're self enriching country club elitists that fold like cheap suits. I've figured them out. They need laws like this and in NY or CA to say, donate now! So we may block laws like this! For profit and relevancy.

Put me in charge at the NRA...
I'd have machine guns as every bit as legal as what's currently on the market.
With access to cash like Wayne Fudd Pierre and Chris Cox.... if not machine guns NY and California sued into oblivion by lawyers with teeth.

I wouldn't need 5 million per year to do it either like Wayne draws.

That money can be better used to fight nonsense do nothing good feelz laws that make felons out of otherwise upstanding and law abiding citizens while doing nothing to address the current criminal minority and the ultra minority of homicidal mass murdering scumbags.

Priorities and problem solving skills.
Our government does not have them.

Yes. Make felons out of bumpstock owners though... ignore the gangland murders in large cities across the nation committed with firearms...
Ignore/condemn those that propose legitimate common sense solutions to address the so very few homicidal mass murdering nihilist scumbags.

Blame the Fudds at the NRA for being some pro murder entity and accuse them of being pro 2a while they capitulate simultaneously stating they are freedoms safest place.

Laugh. All I can do is shake my head and laugh. Despite funding the legal efforts to sue... I can only laugh that there are this many people who are convinced bumpstocks are machine guns or a significant threat to safety.
Simply because Trump, Rinos in politics, leftist lemmings, and the NRA say so.

LOL such interesting times to be alive...

Welcome to 2019 where words no longer have clear defined meanings, open to subjective reinterpretation.

Where emotions trump logical critical thinking.

Where supposed pro 2A entities get behind anti gun bills to make Californian and New York law makers blush with envy. But are every liberals nightmare... somehow...
Theyre believers in incrementalism so give it time liberal lemmings they'll make Ar15s illegal yet, 1 capitulation at a time. And convince their membership of why it's a good thing to get behind. Just give it time. LOL
If this was Twitter you should pin this and I'd retweet the hell out of it.

This should be emailed to the NRA, the GOA, Firearms Policy, and the NAGR.

It should be thrown right in the face of Shannon Watts and all the leftist Hollywood celebrities.

Old 03-29-2019, 11:33 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Your boy was minding his own business until the law, pressed into place by slick willy, entrapped him. Like most people, he didn't even know he was "breaking a law" with his rifle until either someone told him or he figured it out himself. What the Govt wanted was for him to simply turn it in and take the loss. He looked at options and found out if he modified it, it would skirt these stupid laws and lawfully keep it.

Somewhere in there he tripped up. He either sent in a pic of it showing something wrong, like a high cap mag, silencer or something that tripped something at ATF. Most likely someone ratted him out for it to be ATF and not DOJ. Was it you?
You're the master of speculation. I'll let you run with it.

Old 03-29-2019, 11:36 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The NRA kept calling me and worked hard trying to convince me my rights were under assault and the situation was worse than ever before. They said they needed contributions from their members. Finally I told them to stop calling, and I canceled my membership.

Despite of all their efforts to tell me otherwise, my rights were not under assault.

You need to realize when you are being played.

Now we have a president who is actually banning stuff, but you say things are much better because.......you are told to believe that.
I do believe that Trump could ban more than bumpstocks and his supporters would start rambling on about how bad things were under President Obama instead.

Old 03-29-2019, 12:12 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
You're wrong, if the ATF has information on this, they will come to your door and they will confiscate your weapons. I know someone who had this happen to him during the Bush administration, his FAL semi automatics (3 of them) were not in compliance and the ATF somehow found out. He had to do some legal wrangling and make some modifications to get these weapons back.
Quote:
I do believe that Trump could ban more than bumpstocks and his supporters would start rambling on about how bad things were under President Obama instead.
For anyone owning a gun store it was the height of prosperity.

Old 03-29-2019, 05:01 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, it would be incredibly stupid to keep one in the trunk of your car assuming the LE won't care if they see it.

You must think people are really attached to bump-stocks, even though you don't care for them yourself. I mean, spraying 30 rounds into a pond in 5 seconds is well worth 10 years in prison.
The problem is many gun enthusiasts (I rather say another name personally but it would be seen as an ad him attack) see any ban on any single gun or gun accessory as a take away of their rights. This can be banana clips, bump stocks or certain "scary looking guns" (AR-15s.)

Old 03-29-2019, 07:22 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The problem is many gun enthusiasts (I rather say another name personally but it would be seen as an ad him attack) see any ban on any single gun or gun accessory as a take away of their rights. This can be banana clips, bump stocks or certain "scary looking guns" (AR-15s.)
Because it is.

Property rights are 100% absolute, and no one has the right to tell another person what they can and cannot own.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:10 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Any stats on how many bump-stocks have been surrendered?
I sure cannot find any.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:12 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Because it is.

Property rights are 100% absolute, and no one has the right to tell another person what they can and cannot own.
That all ended in 1913 with Woodrow Wilson. You have no property rights, with Real Estate. Private Property no longer exists. You pay rent or get evicted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies