Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 10:18 AM

17,702 posts, read 13,559,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
How many thief's put things into a house they are robbing?
According to Karle Robinson he had been moving IN since 10 pm. Said the cops had been been by several times before they stopped over an hour's time. Said he had made eye contact with the cops.

The bottom line is that this town of 6,000 is 97% white. It's pretty much how they do business in towns like that a lot of times. I've lived in a town like that and have seen the racial profiling up close and personal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2019, 11:09 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
They put things into homes they've just stolen from homes they just robbed.

Gotta store it somewhere.
Yes, and it means it's going nowhere. You don't need to handcuff the guy.

Old 03-29-2019, 02:52 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,745,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Cop here.

I used to work in an area where 90% of the residence are white and average property is in the millions.

I got a lot of dispatched calls from those white residence for everything, including "suspicious looking minority man walking around the street"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And you are required to check it out, right.
I'm not sure why that is offensive as long as the officers act in a professional and fair manner.
Its those who call for assistance for every little thing that people should be upset with.

i have no problem with LEOs doing their jobs, but do them right and dont violate the citizens rights while doing your job. if you dont have reasonable cause to suspect a crime is or has been committed, then dont push for ID and threaten to arrest the person on some trumped up secondary charge, or some made up charge just because you have a piece of tin pinned to your shirt.

and dont try this "i am investigating" crap either, especially since you almost never indicate what crime you are investigating.

Old 03-29-2019, 03:41 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,466,073 times
Quote:
Yep.... it was 3 am, he had no proof he lived there and his drivers license address was different than the address of the house.
Usually the case when you're in the middle of a move.

Old 03-29-2019, 03:51 PM

15,972 posts, read 9,359,408 times
Quote:
They put things into homes they've just stolen from homes they just robbed.

Gotta store it somewhere.
Then I hope you're detained and handcuffed after pulling into your garage for suspicion of grand theft auto.

Because they put cars they stole somewhere where they can't be seen.

Gotta hide it somewhere.

Old 03-29-2019, 05:12 PM

19,709 posts, read 10,054,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" but not handcuffing him for eight minutes."

It is common practice today for the police to "detain" you with cuffs until they can figure out what is happening. Especially at 2 AM.

The cops do NOT KNOW if you are an ARMED burglar or not. For their saftey they detain you.

8 minutes, oh my GOD the world is coming to an end!

Watch Live PD and you will see it a LOT.
Many of the cops on Live PD are total jerks.

Old 03-29-2019, 06:01 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,388,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
You think some law is going to change that?

As activists and democrats with the help of the media divide the country and raise the intensity, reaction is sure to follow.

Stories without perspective and background are often used to inflame the division. So with enough false claims of racism tossed about by democrats and activists, any real case of bias is looked at with a jaundiced eye. Be sure to thank democrats who have weaponized the charge of racism to divide the country and support a political narrative.

The ACLU is not what it used to be. Aclu's rep has been diminished by their latest choice in cases to pursue.
I don't think some law is going to change that! Often for such changes to occur, you have to enough people who are willing to do what is legally allowed to fight racism. However, racism will continue until this world ends.

Old 03-29-2019, 06:24 PM

19,649 posts, read 9,192,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
All cops are bad, and it has very little to do with skin color.
I simply cannot let this pass. Many cops are bad, but many are very good. All you have to do to verify this is to go to YouTube and search under "cops doing good deeds".

However, that being said, I agree with whoever said or implied that anyone who thinks that racial discrimination and profiling no longer exist is absolutely delusional.

P.S. However, i see that you live in Denver, and as I live in Littleton, I have heard many stories about bad (to say the least) Denver cops, and three people close to me have personally had very unpleasant experiences with bad Denver cops, so I can understand why you would have such an opinion. (Btw, all these experiences involved white cops dealing with white people.) And, yes, anecdotes are not proof, but I think they often do indicate something.

Last edited by katharsis; 03-29-2019 at 06:35 PM..

Old 03-30-2019, 10:10 AM

58,749 posts, read 27,080,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Many of the cops on Live PD are total jerks.

NOT surprised at all you have that opinion!

Old 03-30-2019, 10:15 AM

58,749 posts, read 27,080,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I simply cannot let this pass. Many cops are bad, but many are very good. All you have to do to verify this is to go to YouTube and search under "cops doing good deeds".

However, that being said, I agree with whoever said or implied that anyone who thinks that racial discrimination and profiling no longer exist is absolutely delusional.

P.S. However, i see that you live in Denver, and as I live in Littleton, I have heard many stories about bad (to say the least) Denver cops, and three people close to me have personally had very unpleasant experiences with bad Denver cops, so I can understand why you would have such an opinion. (Btw, all these experiences involved white cops dealing with white people.) And, yes, anecdotes are not proof, but I think they often do indicate something.
AND people who live in ONE area should NOT make the accusation that ALL cops are like what you have.

Maybe if you and your friends DIDN'T elect dems so often, things MIGHT be different!

Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site
[/url]Politics & Voting in Littleton, Colorado. The Political Climate in Littleton, CO is Leaning liberal. Arapahoe County, CO is Leaning liberal. In Arapahoe County, CO 52.8% of the people voted Democrat in the last presidential election, 38.6% voted Republican, and the remaining 8.6% voted Independent."

"The district is currently represented by Democrat Jason Crow."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colora...ional_district

Last edited by Yac; 04-04-2019 at 12:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies