Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 07:45 PM

48,264 posts, read 34,383,908 times

Advertisements

After consultation with detectives from the Chandler Police Department's Special Victims Unit, the residents were given a final opportunity to exit and take their child to the hospital," the statement read. "Upon their failure to do so, the front door was breached and the family members were called out of the residence."

DCS agents then took custody of the boy and his two sisters, ages 4 and 6, the report states. Two of the children were transported to the hospital by ambulance, and the third was transported to the hospital by DCS, according to the statement.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/arizona-po...ry?id=61978364
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-29-2019, 07:49 PM

26,646 posts, read 13,575,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I believe he was taken straight to the hospital when they took him from the home. That was the whole point.
I’m sure they did. I was wondering if he was actually hospitalized for RSV. Not just checked out at the hospital and then released. I’m sorry that this question seems to be so annoying to you.

https://www.cdc.gov/rsv/about/symptoms.html

Quote:
Most RSV infections go away on their own in a week or two. You can manage fever and pain with over-the-counter fever reducers and pain relievers, such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen. <snip>Healthy infants and adults infected with RSV do not usually need to be hospitalized. But some people with RSV infection, especially infants younger than 6 months of age and older adults, may need to be hospitalized if they are having trouble breathing or are dehydrated. In most of these cases, hospitalization only lasts a few days.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:07 PM

79,900 posts, read 43,863,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The parents were charged today with felony child abuse for not seeking medical treatment for the kid after the doctor said his condition was life-threatening and they refused to allow child services workers to check on his well-being.
Except it wasn't. Wouldn't this be like a bank teller saying you robbed the bank for taking money from your account?

Old 03-29-2019, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I’m sure they did. I was wondering if he was actually hospitalized for RSV. Not just checked out at the hospital and then released. I’m sorry that this question seems to be so annoying to you.

https://www.cdc.gov/rsv/about/symptoms.html

I'm not annoyed.

I think the fact that 2 of the children were taken to the hospital via ambulance, while the third was driven there indicates they were in bad shape and it was not just checked out. I would guess the third child who was driven there (no ambulance) was just checked out to be on the safe side.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:15 PM

26,646 posts, read 13,575,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm not annoyed.

I think the fact that 2 of the children were taken to the hospital via ambulance, while the third was driven there indicates they were in bad shape and it was not just checked out. I would guess the third child who was driven there (no ambulance) was just checked out to be on the safe side.
I think they suspected meningitis so would have taken them to the hospital and checked them for that. And after breaking down the door and pointing guns at the family, I’m sure they continued to treat it as a serious situation. As for any other details regarding their treatment. I doubt we’ll ever know.

Old 03-29-2019, 09:12 PM

36,858 posts, read 17,218,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Libertarians literally recommend "throwing the baby out along with the bathwater" & "free baby markets" & do so with a straight face.

It's nonsensical.
You're right.

We wouldn't want to infringe on the government's monopolized baby market where kids suffer and are abused daily while the babysitter and oversight are one in the same (that same government).

Old 03-29-2019, 10:26 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,085,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Libertarians literally recommend "throwing the baby out along with the bathwater" & "free baby markets" & do so with a straight face.

It's nonsensical.
No libertarian or anarchist has ever ordered nukes or drone bombs to be dropped on babies.

No libertarian or anarchist has ever said the deaths of 500,000 Iraqi children was "worth it."

So don't come at me with virtue-signaling and moralizing.

Old 03-29-2019, 10:28 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,085,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You're right.

We wouldn't want to infringe on the government's monopolized baby market where kids suffer and are abused daily while the babysitter and oversight are one in the same (that same government).

Those State child "protective" services sure do a number, too.

Old 03-29-2019, 10:35 PM

The police followed procedure (unless stuff is different in AZ).

They went to the house to check on the child, the parents wouldn't open the door, wouldn't show the child, they talked to the dad on the phone and told him just take your kid to the hospital. The parents created a barricade situation. This went on for two hours.

IF that child would have died during that time? Some of these same people would still be calling for their heads saying they dragged their feet while a child was in danger.

Old 03-29-2019, 11:13 PM

20,599 posts, read 8,366,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The American Gestapo.
Sounds more like The Nanny State
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies