Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2019, 08:32 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,977,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yes none of them women talking about Biden have said they were sexually harassed -they said his actions made them feel uncomfortable.

It's a small point -- and their feelings are still valid as Biden has said....we have to respect how they felt -- but we don't have to go all crazy and put Biden in Trump/Clinton league.

He is not.
Not yet. If these soft accusations don't work, I have a feeling they will get worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2019, 08:33 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Whether Joe's tactile behavior was an innocent gesture or whether it was a sexual gesture, none of that matters. what matters, even according to previous statements by Joe himself, is that the person on the receiving end of the behavior believes it's inappropriate. Intent is irrelevant according to Joe and metoo.

Exactly my point. I'm not arguing that it isn't inappropriate.

I'm arguing that it is sexual assault/sexual harassment, because, well, it isn't. None of the women have said they felt sexually harassed or that they felt Joe's behavior was sexually motivated. Words matter.

Old 04-03-2019, 08:42 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Thanks, I needed a good belly chuckle this morning....
Glad to help.

But I am serious, Democrats are more principled than Republicans.

Get used to it.

Old 04-03-2019, 08:50 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yes none of them women talking about Biden have said they were sexually harassed -they said his actions made them feel uncomfortable.

It's a small point -- and their feelings are still valid as Biden has said....we have to respect how they felt -- but we don't have to go all crazy and put Biden in Trump/Clinton league.

He is not.

Agreed, making someone feel uncomfortable is a definition of sexual harassment....

If me and my buddy are talking about a woman and how she looks, nothing vulgar or anything, and another lady walks by and hears us talking, that is also a form of sexual harassment...and we can be reported for it....

From a Judge:
Quote:
California Chief Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye said Monday that she has had her own #MeToo moments during her legal career, being addressed as “sugar and honey and dear†and one of the “girls.â€

So, people just calling her sugar, honey, and dear....are all part of sexual harassment....

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...211-story.html

Old 04-03-2019, 08:53 AM

33,524 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
say it ain't so Joe. lol these predators can't help themselves

Two More Women Allege Joe Biden Inappropriately Touched Them
If ever I've seen a place where the saying "making a mountain out of a mole hill" fits, this is it.

Old 04-03-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Glad to help.

But I am serious, Democrats are more principled than Republicans.

Get used to it.

If you say so....

Old 04-03-2019, 09:00 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,824 times
Open season- he's an older white man so the Dems will hang him out to dry- see Bernie Sanders.

Old 04-03-2019, 09:00 AM

Quote:
...So, people just calling her sugar, honey, and dear....are all part of sexual harassment....

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...211-story.html

Sure, that is harassment that is based on her sex. Fits the criteria.

Old 04-03-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Sure, that is harassment that is based on her sex. Fits the criteria.

Her felling uncomfortable after ole joe was done with her is also the same thing...because words were not used, touching was...it made her uncomfortable....

Old 04-03-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Her felling uncomfortable after ole joe was done with her is also the same thing...because words were not used, touching was...it made her uncomfortable....

If they didn't feel it was sexual in nature, it wasn't sexual harassment. It's really that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies