Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 01:50 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
In this country we can and do restrict things a person can have or own.
We do. The problem here IMO is this one is protected by the 2nd Amendment. Washington didn't cross the Delaware to make sure his smoke house would remain full of venison.

We have a right to be every bit as armed as the government IMO. And I'm not interested in a "yeah, what about nuclear weapons argument" as I would say yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2019, 01:54 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
I would rather save lives.
Me too. That's why I'm willing to stand on my time with my weapons with my training at no cost to the tax payers at any school to serve as a deterrence and to serve as a line of defense to innocent kids and teachers.

We've all seen just how effective the government is in stopping that nonsense.

Think of it as a community service program. Free of charge.

Homicidal scumbags don't go to places where armed individuals willing to defend life liberty pursuits of happiness, and willing to put up a fight are. They always pick unarmed areas knowing they can make use of the time provided by a reactionary system via law enforcement response time. Or cowardice like the Broward sheriff's deputy that stood down while others were being slaughtered. They're not looking for a fight. They're looking to cause as much chaos and harm for their 15 minutes of fame the media, the likes of you, and your politicians trip over each other to give to them, by publishing their names, their weapons their tactics to serve as inadvertent study guides and inspiration to other homicidal scumbags.

You? Save lives? Pfft. You want to crap on the constitution because feelz. Your issue again is conflation and false equivalencies. Because your focal point is the implement. Not the individuals that commit the atrocity.

Old 03-31-2019, 01:59 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,763 times
Quote:
I would rather save lives.
Cops kill as many people in one year as all the mass shootings in 10 years combined.

The U.S. military has slaughtered hundreds of thousands since 2003.

The U.S. government has tens of thousands of guns and billions of rounds of ammo.

Should they be disarmed?

Old 03-31-2019, 02:18 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Anyone who paid money to the NRA got what they deserved, "ripped off!"
So your premise is that they've been totally ineffective?

Because usually the complaints are around how effective they are and how they have so much power and keep gun restrictions from being passed etc.

Old 03-31-2019, 02:21 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Because usually the complaints are around how effective they are and how they have so much power and keep gun restrictions from being passed etc.
Go ahead, give the NRA a lot of money!

Old 03-31-2019, 02:26 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

You think they'd offer a real answer?
LOL

Quote:
Go ahead, give the NRA a lot of money!

Old 03-31-2019, 08:27 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Yeah, I wonder if Wayne LaPierre just wants a bigger salary.
The Russians want some of their funds back since the NRA got caught. Part of the deal was that NRA members weren't supposed to find out that their money was being used to help Russians spread their propaganda in the USA.

If I were an NRA member, that would certainly make me burn my card. That's over the top. What's next - is the NRA going to dig up Mao and help him?

Old 03-31-2019, 08:29 PM

574 posts, read 382,697 times
Plenty of better groups do exist; ones that don't compromise. With the amount of board members and such, I think the NRA was designed to fail

Old 03-31-2019, 08:30 PM

For those of us that don't approve of Russians and the NRA working together, etc - anyone have any suggestions how we can actually help the NRA go broke? If they go broke maybe they can actually start up grassroots and get back to what they were originally formed for.

Old 03-31-2019, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post

The U.S. government has tens of thousands of guns and billions of rounds of ammo.

Should they be disarmed?
US Military has 4 million or so.
US Civilians have closer to 400 Million.

Just some numbers guesses.

Remember, the Military IS US. Many of those people also own civilian guns. So it's not like there are these 4 million guns ready to do anything to you or I. In fact, quite the opposite.....

As you may know, they have incredibly stiff rules and regulations.....in the military in the USA, they don't just hand out guns and ammo like it is with a civilian (who can have vast amounts of guns and ammo).

If a Military person "loses" a weapon like MANY civilians report (hint, hint....they "lose" them and have them stolen and then sell them to the gangs, etc.)......they'd be in BIG trouble.

Yes, the Military has "gun regulation" and they are "gun grabbers" for sure. They want detailed track of every one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies