Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 12:38 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times

Advertisements

I looked at the map of which states register by party and realized something that makes this even more implausible. All of the states surrounding Michigan do not register by party either. So 1/3 of the audience are purported to be registered Democrats, identified by phone number, not the voter giving the information itself, and are people who took a significant trip to this rally instead of waiting for one of the many that keep happening that would be closer or just watching this one from home?

Larry J. Sabato's Crystal Ball » Registering By Party: Where the Democrats and Republicans Are Ahead

He also claimed 50% registered Democrats for Trump's El Paso rally. Texas also does not register by party, so they must not be Texans attending their own rally. It does mention that they said thousands came from New Mexico, which does do party registration. They didn't mention the percent specifically from there, nor how many New Mexicans specifically that came were Republican.

It would be awfully weird if no Texans came in Texas or that possibly much larger numbers of Democrats would come to the Texas rally from NM than Republicans.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/half-o...s_2801080.html

Many reasons to question the things Parscale is claiming.....

Last edited by latimeria; 04-01-2019 at 01:38 AM..

Old 04-01-2019, 01:26 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,310,229 times
Long time Michigan resident and voter here and you guys who say that no one in Michigan is registered by political party are completely missing the boat. The law here is that you are not REQUIRED to register with a party to vote, it does not say that you CANNOT register with a party and many, many Michiganders most certainly are registered with a political party and you definitely can look up their party affiliation.

I just looked my my own profile on a generic public information site, as well as those of a few relatives and neighbors who also live in Michigan, out of curiosity after reading much of this thread. Every one of us is correctly listed as being affiliated with one or the other of the two major parties. This is not a site where one voluntarily enters their personal information, I certainly never have, it is gathered by combing through various official public records.

As far as 34% of the attendees at the Trump rally being registered Democrats, yes, it is possible that those people are registered with the Democratic party, just as I am a registered voter in Michigan who is registered with the Republican party. Ignore at your own risk, Dems, just as Hillary ignored this state in 2016.

Last edited by canudigit; 04-01-2019 at 01:37 AM..

Old 04-01-2019, 01:55 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Long time Michigan resident and voter here and you guys who say that no one in Michigan is registered by political party are completely missing the boat. The law here is that you are not REQUIRED to register with a party to vote, it does not say that you CANNOT register with a party and many, many Michiganders most certainly are registered with a political party and you definitely can look up their party affiliation.

I just looked my my own profile on a generic public information site, as well as those of a few relatives and neighbors who also live in Michigan, out of curiosity after reading much of this thread. Every one of us is correctly listed as being affiliated with one or the other of the two major parties. This is not a site where one voluntarily enters their personal information, I certainly never have, it is gathered by combing through various official public records.

As far as 34% of the attendees at the Trump rally being registered Democrats, yes, it is possible that those people are registered with the Democratic party, just as I am a registered voter in Michigan who is registered with the Republican party. Ignore at your own risk, Dems, just as Hillary ignored this state in 2016.
Well, then could you share a link where I can see data like how many registered Democrats and Republicans there are in Michigan? Is it a separate process since there are no party boxes to even check if you want to on the registration application I found?

I am doing Google searches for that info and nothing comes up with specifics. Even if not required, there would surely be some sort of data on how many do end up actually doing it? Surveys, records, etc.

Same search terms substituting in Texas yield no specifics. If I use the same terms and change for my own party affiliated state, I do get a specific answer. It is strange.

Last edited by latimeria; 04-01-2019 at 02:10 AM..

Old 04-01-2019, 04:49 AM

20,106 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Oh my--so you have to divulge which political party you belong to when you go to a Trump rally?

Does one have to produce their documents and papers to prove their party affiliation?

They are really pushing this fascism thing a little far aren't they?
reminds me of having "super delegates" - the master race - who will determine who gets nominated. Hitler would be proud!

Old 04-01-2019, 04:59 AM

20,106 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Not surprised. They keep saying the Dems are desperate for good news but the facts is that the Trumpers do fear that he will not win in 2020. They want to believe so bad that they will win again in the Lakes states

This is why every time he feels threatened the immigration news start to happen because he knows is the one fear factor his base will react to.
lol ...who's gonna beat him ..Kamala from Kalifornia?

Old 04-01-2019, 05:00 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
They said that Trump would beat Hillary. They said the Russiagate nonsense was bogus.
100% correct on both.

How did your news do on this? <crickets>
Trying to predict future events is not news, although I am surprised you'd call it that.

You fall for these Zerohedge fake stories every time. You can do better that that.

Or maybe Zerohedge simply reported what Trump campaign said, which would be a lie. Either way, you were lied to, and you fell for it.

Old 04-01-2019, 05:03 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Seems like it. The UAW rank & file know they have a friend with Trump. That the Democrats did a turncoat on them.
Well you are half right.

Sad that Joe Sixpack has no one looking out for him.

Old 04-01-2019, 06:35 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:

Nope, there is no such thing as a Registered Democrat or Republican in Michigan. You might consider yourself a Republican, but you aren't a registered Republican, that doesn't exist in Michigan.

Old 04-01-2019, 06:44 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:

Well said. Most of the bleating that "It's Just Not True" & "Waldokitty is mean" & "Zerohedge is Bogus" are coming from people still shell shocked that Russiagate turned out to be a big farce. As we said it would be.

Old 04-01-2019, 06:57 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,310,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Nope, there is no such thing as a Registered Democrat or Republican in Michigan. You might consider yourself a Republican, but you aren't a registered Republican, that doesn't exist in Michigan.
Thank you for sharing. I should specify, that as a registered voter in Michigan I am asked when I vote if I will be needing a Republican ballot or a Democrat ballot and they make note of this so that is where they get the records of which registered voters are Democrat and which are Republican and likely where they got the data for this 34% figure. I have received literature from Republican causes and candidates after I voted so someone, somewhere, is keeping detailed records and can pull this data if need be.

Essentially, if they are asking me if I want a D ballot or a R ballot, then that is just about the same as being registered with a party. Some extended family on my husband's side do absentee voting and they are asked which ballot they will need. So if this isn't actually being a registered ______ in name, it is in deed and the end result is the same.

As I correctly stated, one is not required to register with a specific party in Michigan but one can make their preference known for the record, and it is recorded. How else could I look my neighbor up on a national generic database and learn that he is a registered Republican?

Last edited by canudigit; 04-01-2019 at 07:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies