Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 11:56 PM

854 posts, read 520,096 times

Advertisements

I'm just curious to know why you judge this generation as snowflakes, weak, lacking in maturity and why you question eveything we do, as if the world is the same place as it was 30 years ago.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2019, 12:07 AM

30,999 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy-Cat-Lady View Post
I'm just curious to know why you judge this generation as snowflakes, weak, lacking in maturity and why you question eveything we do, as if the world is the same place as it was 30 years ago.

Thank you.
I always assumed you were a Boomer with your name

Old 04-01-2019, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I always assumed you were a Boomer with your name
I just like cats and I'm crazy

Old 04-01-2019, 12:16 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:

Thank you.
No idea.

Any they're our parents, no less.

Old 04-01-2019, 12:27 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
I don't know. I'm on the cusp of baby boomer and gen x. I don't think there is anything wrong with millennials. I do remember that many of the (greatest) generation that gave birth to and raised the boomers saw those kids as weak, lacking in maturity, etc... .

Old 04-01-2019, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
No idea.

Any they're our parents, no less.
They grew up in a different era.

Old 04-01-2019, 01:22 AM

16,069 posts, read 10,726,642 times
Speaking as one...some Boomers complain about everybody and everything. Not all, just some. Likewise, some Millennials were born, or acquired, a chip on their shoulder or are extra sensitive. Not all, just some. But there is legitimate ground for criticism both ways. I tend to side part way with Millennials, not because there is unfair criticism from anywhere ( I agree with some of it...their music mostly sucks) but because they are saddled with some longterm burdens that will negatively impact their lives. You can't blame the Boomers for all of that but there is a political party that starts with 'R' that has been the major beneficiary of kicking the can down the road for decades. Things haven't been getting done or maybe haven't been paid for and the bills are gonna come due for the Millennials. On top of that, the economic inequality gap is getting worse. Some lucky young folks will live better than their parents but many Millennials, maybe most, won't. Almost all of the safeguards that were put in place to support and protect the middle class and workers have been stripped away. Now they are working on social security and what passes for healthcare in this country. There is always that diversionary and divisive strategy at work by those in real power and generational quarrels is just one part of it.

Old 04-01-2019, 02:54 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,084,230 times
Quote:

Thank you.
cause some of us are getting older and more cranky than we used to be and hate change!

As for me,I am disliking government,lack of respect for others , and my body aging more.

I am heartened by the fact that next generations continue to be involved in bettering this country

Last edited by Oldhag1; 04-01-2019 at 07:10 AM.. Reason: Please do not bring this topic into a thread that has NOTHING to do with it

Old 04-01-2019, 03:39 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Because millennials are a bunch of brainwashed degenerates who think the world owes them something.

Old 04-01-2019, 04:02 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
The older generation has always complained about the younger generation. The internet just makes it more pervasive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies