Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 10:13 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,062,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Let's ask AOC 12 years and were under water or frozen!
Such a false strawman only reflects who you are. Or else QUOTE DIRECTLY, if not in context.

Have you read the Climate Scientist's report to the United Nations (founded in part to give World Power to the USA, China, Russia, France, and Britain)?

Why not? Have you understood anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2019, 10:17 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Such a false strawman only reflects who you are. Or else QUOTE DIRECTLY, if not in context.

Have you read the Climate Scientist's report to the United Nations (founded in part to give World Power to the USA, China, Russia, France, and Britain)?

Why not? Have you understood anything?
Zzzzzzzzzz

Old 04-01-2019, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Zzzzzzzzzz
Thought so. A response as honest and mature as Trump.
An exact reflection of the person behind the keyboard. What a letdown, really.

Why would someone like this even vote?
To destroy America with sheer shameless ignorance?
To feel good about such shameless sheer ignorance?
Or is it only money that you are worried about? You can't eat money, and it surely isn't brain food.

Old 04-01-2019, 10:24 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Somebody please turn the thermostat down....

Canada is, on average, experiencing warming at twice the rate of the rest of the world, with Northern Canada heating up at almost three times the global average, according to a new government report.

Since 1948, Canada's annual average temperature over land has warmed 1.7 C and in Northern Canada, the annual average temperature has increased by 2.3 C.
And here in CA, where we were supposed to have a drought for the next 20 years, it's been raining for months. "It's the season!" Nope. It didn't do this last year for this long, nor did it do that the year before, or the year before that. It has been cold at night, sometimes as cold as I remember in Maine - really cold. I've never had to have 2 blankets on me at night this far into the year, but this year, I do.

So much for the "global warming" theory.

Old 04-01-2019, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
And here in CA, where we were supposed to have a drought for the next 20 years, it's been raining for months. "It's the season!" Nope. It didn't do this last year for this long, nor did it do that the year before, or the year before that. It has been cold at night, sometimes as cold as I remember in Maine - really cold. I've never had to have 2 blankets on me at night this far into the year, but this year, I do.

Who told you there would be a drought for the next 20 years instead of Climate Change?
Any direct quotes outside of conservative propaganda strawmen?

No, it's supposed to be stronger droughts and thus wildfires, and stronger, more acidic rains, so more intervention (genetic modification, etc) will be needed to keep the farms alive.

Hotter means more evaporation, you thought the scientists didn't know this?
You have been lied to, whether by yourself or by money-conservative propaganda.

What is the global average temperate this year? Oh that is right, it's been 3 months.

There is hope! If by some miracle that last peek does not follow previous instability patterns and go back up, it might go back down indefinitely. And we are supposed to be in a Global Cooling period according to the Ice-Core record.

Old 04-01-2019, 11:14 PM

33,523 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

First no scientist said CA would have a drought for the next 20 years. Second it would behoove you to learn the difference between weather and climate.

Old 04-02-2019, 01:24 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
It's "just weather" if it doesn't follow the alarmist's narrative.

It's "climate change, act now, save the planet".... if it does follow the narrative.

Old 04-02-2019, 02:00 AM

33,523 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
It's "just weather" if it doesn't follow the alarmist's narrative.

It's "climate change, act now, save the planet".... if it does follow the narrative.
What exactly are you saying? Are you saying that the planet is not warming? Show me your evidence.

Old 04-02-2019, 03:12 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Funny I can't find anything about northern Canada having an extremely cold winter.

Any links?
>>>> I've been checking out weather and temps in three locations, Siberia, Yellowknife Canada and the South Pole. Siberia has had varied weather. From runs of below normal to above normal to normal. Looking at it now they seem to have had colder then normal weather in mid winter but moderated in late winter. The south Pole was slightly below normal to normal but no real extremes.
But Yellowknife kept getting decidedly colder than normal temps constantly. The Polar Vortex(s), remember that? They were in a pattern where cold temps just sat there and then went south into the US. Minus 30 and 40 degrees.They're in a cold pattern again although by the end of the week it will moderate to normal.
Yellowknife is about as far north in the Northwest Canada territories as you can get. Alaska was up and down but its next to the ocean so its influenced by that. North pole temps are hard to get. I used to go to a sight that had satellite photos of the ice pack, it was The Cryosphere Today. But over a year ago it went down and they don't post photos like they used to.
I don't do links, sorry. But the information is there if one wants to find it.

Old 04-02-2019, 04:51 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Well; no one's surprised you'd take that position when you're making a living hauling crude oil for Warren.
No, I turn your arguments against you. People say it’s brutally cold, you say weather. If it’s abnormally warm you cry AGW.

And hauling crude pays exceedingly well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies