Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 07:42 PM

717 posts, read 452,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
What does Trump have to do with this? I thought the question was which party was the song aiming at, and of course it was Democrats who got us into Vietnam, and every war in the 20th Century. Bush and the Republicans own the 21st Century wars so far, though Obama has to own Libya and their now thriving slave markets.

Politicians have become addicted to war.

I don’t blame anyone who could get a deferment not to go fight in Vietnam, and don’t even care about the ones who burned their draft cards or fled to Canada. Don’t blame them one bit. That was a stupid idiotic war that accomplished nothing but wasting nearly 60,000 people’s lives, and millions of Vietnamese lives.
I agree with this

Old 04-01-2019, 07:49 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Nope, trumps the one claiming bone spurs. He cant remember in which foot...but hes sure he had them.

As a FYI Bone spurs dont magically disappear as you age-they get worse. And at 17 I joined the military, at 40 I got diagnosed, and even a couple hours standing at a podium would cripple me.

Trump is a coward, who lied so others would go in his place.
I would say both party's elites made sure that their children were spared.

Trump is an elitist and did what most elitist did. Bill Clinton made sure he didn't go. LOL Obama says he thought about joining....

The days of real war heroes becoming president ended with George H W Bush. We won't have anymore because most of our vets put country, before party.

The wealthiest elected reps are Democrats and they make sure that their personal fortunes grow while in office.

Like you I am also a vet. Trump disgusts me at every level. So did the Clintons. Pelosi and others.

My man in 2016 was James Webb. He wasn't extreme enough for the democrats. Too bad he was what we really needed.

Old 04-01-2019, 07:53 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,116,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
That works wonders for you because you’re an anarchist. You would never be in government, would you?

But, good old bone spurs Trump loves to threaten people, and adores people killing dictators.
It doesn't matter if I'm an anarchist; the people in my life who said eff you to the draft board weren't anarchists.

All Presidents cozy up to dictators; it's part of the job.

Old 04-01-2019, 07:55 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Mmm...no.

The rich, regardless of party, were getting fake deferments like Donald “bone spurs” Trump. It was the rich class vs the poor. Guess who fought and died? The poor.

Please read up on the Vietnam War: Eisenhower, Kennedy, LBJ, and Richard NIXON so that you can write better posts.
You forgot Harry Truman.

Old 04-01-2019, 07:57 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I would say both party's elites made sure that their children were spared.

Trump is an elitist and did what most elitist did. Bill Clinton made sure he didn't go. LOL Obama says he thought about joining....

The days of real war heroes becoming president ended with George H W Bush. We won't have anymore because most of our vets put country, before party.

The wealthiest elected reps are Democrats and they make sure that their personal fortunes grow while in office.

Like you I am also a vet. Trump disgusts me at every level. So did the Clintons. Pelosi and others.

My man in 2016 was James Webb. He wasn't extreme enough for the democrats. Too bad he was what we really needed.
I’m hoping to see Dan Crenshaw run some day.

Old 04-01-2019, 08:01 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
That's the great thing about anti-war and civil rights movements of the 60s - they were non-partisan. Unlike today where every little issue turns into red vs blue.

Granted, democrats got us into Vietnam, but Nixon kept it going for another 5 years. The song was written in 1969, during Nixon's administration

Old 04-01-2019, 08:03 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Which political party is the CCR song Fortunate Son more rebelling against
It came out late 1969, which was Nixon era, but it was not a song against a political party, but against the way rich kids like Trump got away with it, while others had to serve.

t ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no senator's son, son
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, no

Old 04-01-2019, 08:03 PM

3,318 posts, read 2,335,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberiaboy View Post
The anti-war anti-silverspoon in mouth who hypocritically won’t pay taxes, Anti-Govt-establishment

A little of both parties?
Listen in

At the time, the Republicans. It could be argued it would be rebelling against the Democrat establishment of today.

Old 04-01-2019, 08:06 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Obama says he thought about joining....
Maybe he tried, but they didn't take 8 year olds.

Quote:
Nonsense. Many vets have ran for president.

Old 04-01-2019, 08:08 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Yeah, that was the Democrats.
Actually, it was both parties. Or no party. Unless you think only Democrats were rich and/or well-connected during the Vietnam War?

Quote:
Mmm...no.

The rich, regardless of party, were getting fake deferments like Donald “bone spurs” Trump. It was the rich class vs the poor. Guess who fought and died? The poor.

Please read up on the Vietnam War: Eisenhower, Kennedy, LBJ, and Richard NIXON so that you can write better posts.
Yes, thanks. Apparently my sarcasm sailed over the heads of some folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies