Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 03:48 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Check out Benefits:

Realistic Job Preview

How many equivalent private sector jobs provide a defined retirement annuity plus 401 K ( like) Plan plus a guaranteed pension after 5 years of service plus retirement medical, including dental?
It pays decent and the benefits are awesome yet the quality of the agents and the management of the TSA make it a tough gig for folks.

Give the private sector domain over security...if the airlines want it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2019, 04:01 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Hey, I'm one of those clowns.

Just call me Bozo.

Not to worry - you were included! I am aware....and I have. But at least you're (for the most part) a likeable clown. Also, unlike the other guy, I know you're older than 20.

Old 04-04-2019, 04:02 PM

Quote:
It pays decent and the benefits are awesome yet the quality of the agents and the management of the TSA make it a tough gig for folks.

Give the private sector domain over security...if the airlines want it.
I think you mean if the airports want it. As a flyer, I want that function. Privatize it and fold Homeland Security and I'll be happy.

Old 04-04-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I think you mean if the airports want it. As a flyer, I want that function. Privatize it and fold Homeland Security and I'll be happy.
Yeah, I meant airports.

Obviously I'm for privatizing everything. I doubt there would be any airports not willing to do security as passengers won't choose that venue.

I just flew LAX to Tampa a few weeks ago. Tampa was a mess. A TSA agent put a bunch of folks in a line that was roped off. Then another agent allowed a large group of folks to go ahead of them even though they were first. Chaos erupted. It took 15 minutes before yet another agent figured out what happened and straightened it out.

I wasn't even involved and it ticked me off.

Old 04-04-2019, 04:28 PM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
staying around checking bags is menial boring work. Who would be happy doing that? They should look for others jobs if so, but somebody's got to do it.

Old 04-04-2019, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I meant airports.

Obviously I'm for privatizing everything. I doubt there would be any airports not willing to do security as passengers won't choose that venue.

I just flew LAX to Tampa a few weeks ago. Tampa was a mess. A TSA agent put a bunch of folks in a line that was roped off. Then another agent allowed a large group of folks to go ahead of them even though they were first. Chaos erupted. It took 15 minutes before yet another agent figured out what happened and straightened it out.

I wasn't even involved and it ticked me off.
To be fair...nothing good ever happens in Florida...lol. I have to say though, I always expect problems at O'Hare and have never seen any. Not even during the shutdown. In fact, they all seemed even nicer than usual and there were no delays whatsoever. Of course, you'll never get me to fly before or after the major holidays because it's a completely different story.

Old 04-04-2019, 04:55 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Workin for the G has it drawbacks, look at all the military heroes that off themselves.
Do you mean the vets with PTSD? Gee--maybe if we provide better health care and mental health care, fewer of those who have served the country will "off themselves."

Old 04-04-2019, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
To be fair...nothing good ever happens in Florida...lol. I have to say though, I always expect problems at O'Hare and have never seen any. Not even during the shutdown. In fact, they all seemed even nicer than usual and there were no delays whatsoever. Of course, you'll never get me to fly before or after the major holidays because it's a completely different story.
I never have trouble at LAX or Atlanta.

Maybe the highest-volume airports, obviously including O'Hare, are a point of focus for relatively smooth flying.

I don't know. I fly a moderate amount...definitely a lot of folks fly more than me.

Just the atmosphere at Tampa was depressing. In all fairness to the agents (as much as I can muster) most passengers aren't firing on all cylinders either. One girl, 20ish, was trying to use the priority line claiming she had 10 minutes to takeoff. Well, you can't use priority if you ain't priority honey. She wasn't having it. The tantrum was minor and the bickering wasn't that bad though. After going through the regular screening I found her sitting at my gate. Yeah, we had about 70 minutes until takeoff so obviously she was just trying to diva her way through the line.

Old 04-04-2019, 05:27 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,156 times
if they don't like it they can quit, someone else will happily take that $9 an hour and be laughing all the way to the bank!!

Old 04-04-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
I never have trouble at LAX or Atlanta.

Maybe the highest-volume airports, obviously including O'Hare, are a point of focus for relatively smooth flying.

I don't know. I fly a moderate amount...definitely a lot of folks fly more than me.

Just the atmosphere at Tampa was depressing. In all fairness to the agents (as much as I can muster) most passengers aren't firing on all cylinders either. One girl, 20ish, was trying to use the priority line claiming she had 10 minutes to takeoff. Well, you can't use priority if you ain't priority honey. She wasn't having it. The tantrum was minor and the bickering wasn't that bad though. After going through the regular screening I found her sitting at my gate. Yeah, we had about 70 minutes until takeoff so obviously she was just trying to diva her way through the line.
Ugh...I hate people....lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies