Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2019, 09:02 AM

2,362 posts, read 776,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Ecuador booted him out. By all reports, he was a terrible guest and treated the staff there and the women in the building horribly.

Yeah... big shock that they let that one go.
This has nothing to do with his alleged treatment of the people in the embassy. Don't you feel any shame from your comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 09:03 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
I guess maybe he shouldn’t have pooped where he ate:

“His dramatic expulsion from the embassy follows a year of ratcheting tension between Assange and his Ecuadorian hosts, culminating in Wikileaks publicizing a leak of hundreds of thousands of hacked emails mysteriously stolen from the inboxes of Ecuador’s president and first lady.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/assang...ondon?ref=home

Did he really believe this would end well?

Old 04-11-2019, 09:05 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
This has nothing to do with his alleged treatment of the people in the embassy. Don't you feel any shame from your comments?
Nope. He's not a friend of mine. He was wanted in Sweden for sexual assault of a minor. He's committed actual computer crimes.

Why should I feel bad for stating what the Ecuadorian embassy officials have already made public knowledge?

I can only assume a better, more respectful guest could get a longer asylum. This one was horrid to people and they kept him for 7 years. Maybe he wore out his welcome. I don't know any more than you do.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:06 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Lol at the idea that he is an honest whistle blower.

He was arrested by the brit's today for failing to show up at a bogus sexual assault hearing that was subsequently dropped and at the request of the U.S. for releasing Manning's documents which as a journalist he did nothing wrong. But if the feds want you they don't let facts stand in their way.

If you want to believe our government and intelligence agencies are honest I LOL at that.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:08 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
He was arrested by the brit's today for failing to show up at a bogus sexual assault hearing that was subsequently dropped and at the request of the U.S. for releasing Manning's documents which as a journalist he did nothing wrong. But if the feds want you they don't let facts stand in their way.

If you want to believe our government and intelligence agencies are honest I LOL at that.
Fair enough, but don't go thinking Trump is honest, and you'll be onto how it really works.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:10 AM

2,362 posts, read 776,984 times
Quote:
Nope. He's not a friend of mine. He was wanted in Sweden for sexual assault of a minor. He's committed actual computer crimes.

Why should I feel bad for stating what the Ecuadorian embassy officials have already made public knowledge?

I can only assume a better, more respectful guest could get a longer asylum. This one was horrid to people and they kept him for 7 years. Maybe he wore out his welcome. I don't know any more than you do.
Hahahaha, with people like it you, it's so easy to get away with everything. Do you even realize the charges in Sweden were dropped? There were never any merit to them in the first place. Computer crimes? He's a whistleblower. Jesus christ, I hate sharing the world with people like you.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:15 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,116,288 times
If Wikileaks was publishing North Korean secrets, Julian Assange would have been given a Nobel Peace Prize.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:18 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Ecuador booted him out. By all reports, he was a terrible guest and treated the staff there and the women in the building horribly.

Yeah... big shock that they let that one go.
Him being removed had nothing to do with his treatment of the staff in building, your attempts to twist what's going on are pathetic at best.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:18 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Hahahaha, with people like it you, it's so easy to get away with everything. Do you even realize the charges in Sweden were dropped? There were never any merit to them in the first place. Computer crimes? He's a whistleblower. Jesus christ, I hate sharing the world with people like you.
So sharing personal photos of someone’s wife and children, the inside of their home, including their bedroom, is a noble cause for you?

Well, alrighty then.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:21 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Those charges were dropped. It was obviously bogus. The timing of the charges was simply to get him in custody because the U.S. wanted him. And computer crimes? He had to pay a $2,000 fine and let go with no prison time. He did nothing malicious.
Quote:

I tend to not take at their word what embassy officials say ever since the WaPo journalist disappeared and the Saudi embassy officials said they let him leave.

Quote:
The fact he was in there 7 years when they could have booted him out day one shows how the story is baloney.

But he released emails that might have contributed to Hillary losing and Trump winning the election. The same emails that were later released by news organizations around the world. This is really the issue for people like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies