Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 05:41 AM

35,681 posts, read 21,030,020 times

Advertisements

The thought is not possible in real life today. Sounds like a higher notch on a test tube baby in a futuristic world. One day it might be what keeps humans going - but many babies are from moms with little support system who might be in dire straights. Not all - high end women abort as well not to complicate their lives or figures. Technology, costs and need will maybe change one day. The world is over populated now. I’m anti abortion - but pro choice - just think it’s Not anyone’s else’s business but the mom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2019, 06:11 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
No one survives a late term abortion. This woman is a fraud. The prof she offers is from her own records
Absolutely untrue.

Her story is very much true and is very telling on how abortion has a huge effect on everyone in the family.

i realize it's more convenient for proabortioners to simply believe that she isn't an abortion survivor. She is. And she has met many, many others. The truth remains the truth whether or not you believe it.

Old 04-05-2019, 06:15 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c charlie View Post
Two cents.

A very emotive issue.

My position: a foetus becomes a person when it is viable ex utero. Most abortions are carried out in the first trimester. Claims of murder are emotional nonsense

I will not argue with religious claims, because that's all they are; claims based on religious faith, and unprovable. I get really cranky when believers impose or try to impose their personal superstitions on the rest of society in the form of restrictive laws..

In my opinion, an abortion is a medical decision between a woman and her doctor.---and nobody else

Having said that , I am also aware of the lifelong guilt and loss felt by some women who have had abortions. Imo, they need acceptance, and compassion, not judgement
What medical health condition is being "treated" by abortion? Abortion is an ELECTIVE procedure. It is not medical. It doesn't treat anything. The mother is not sick.

It's elective.

Frankly, as a nonreligious person, I also get a bit annoyed with some of the religious talk. I also get annoyed at some of the pseudo-science nonsense -- like calling abortion a "medical" treatment -- when that is utter and complete nonsense.

Abortion murders that baby. At least call it what it is.

And the OP's suggestion is ludicrous. Just wait a few months give birth and have the baby adopted. Letting them die so the mother feels like she didn't murder her own child is the sickest form of lack of accountability I've ever heard in abortions discussions. This tactic only serves 1 purpose: To have the mother give up responsibility for the murder of the baby.

Old 04-05-2019, 06:21 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I've never had one myself nor am I a doctor, but my understanding is that abortion is at least equally about killing the fetus as it is about ending the woman's pregnancy, mainly because it's assumed that a terminated pregnancy would kill the fetus, so why not make the death merciful and swift?

But then there's the unavoidable issue of taking a life away.

What if the sole focus of an abortion was simply surgically removing the fetus from the woman's body in the way least damaging to the fetus, and then letting it live or die naturally as it will, feeding it and caring for it in a basic way, but not taking measures to prolong its life beyond that. There could be a designated fetal hospice in the hospital designed for such a purpose. Should any of the babies survive, they'll be given up for adoption.

That way, the abortion is merely an eviction. In most places, the ability of a tenant to survive on their own is not a factor in the legality of evicting them.

Obviously this would be as expensive as seven hells, but purely morally speaking, would this type of "abortion" be more acceptable to you?
It would be more acceptable and humane than killing the child after birth as they now do while clapping and celebrating in New York.

I've always looked at abortion as a conflict in rights, the mother's right to evict the fetus versus the baby's right to life which in my opinion, Trumps the mother's rights in this case.

Old 04-05-2019, 07:36 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
It would be more acceptable and humane than killing the child after birth as they now do while clapping and celebrating in New York.

I've always looked at abortion as a conflict in rights, the mother's right to evict the fetus versus the baby's right to life which in my opinion, Trumps the mother's rights in this case.
The bolded doesn't happen. And as far as your second paragraph, the fetus can't live without at least one parent. The mother can always make another one at some point, simple biology. So I disagree with your second paragraph as well

Old 04-05-2019, 09:43 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You don't speak for me.
I wasn't speaking for you. Instead, I asked you if you demand a law be passed that requires all pregnant women to give birth.

Old 04-05-2019, 09:49 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What medical health condition is being "treated" by abortion? Abortion is an ELECTIVE procedure. It is not medical. It doesn't treat anything. The mother is not sick.

It's elective.

Frankly, as a nonreligious person, I also get a bit annoyed with some of the religious talk. I also get annoyed at some of the pseudo-science nonsense -- like calling abortion a "medical" treatment -- when that is utter and complete nonsense.

Abortion murders that baby. At least call it what it is.
Then since you so strongly feel that abortion is nothing but all out murder, why don't you go to an abortion clinic and stand in the entrance to stop pregnant women from entering. If you say, no, I'm afraid I could never do such a thing, then I'm afraid I would never trust you to save my life when you saw fatal danger headed my way.

Old 04-05-2019, 10:13 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I've never had one myself nor am I a doctor, but my understanding is that abortion is at least equally about killing the fetus as it is about ending the woman's pregnancy, mainly because it's assumed that a terminated pregnancy would kill the fetus, so why not make the death merciful and swift?

But then there's the unavoidable issue of taking a life away.

What if the sole focus of an abortion was simply surgically removing the fetus from the woman's body in the way least damaging to the fetus, and then letting it live or die naturally as it will, feeding it and caring for it in a basic way, but not taking measures to prolong its life beyond that. There could be a designated fetal hospice in the hospital designed for such a purpose. Should any of the babies survive, they'll be given up for adoption.

That way, the abortion is merely an eviction. In most places, the ability of a tenant to survive on their own is not a factor in the legality of evicting them.

Obviously this would be as expensive as seven hells, but purely morally speaking, would this type of "abortion" be more acceptable to you?
I have some better ideas.

1. Ladies don't let some dude put his privates in your privates if you aren't protected from pregnancy.
2. Dudes don't put your privates in places that cause pregnancy without fully understanding what that means. and freaking step up you punk. you do the dirty you be a man and live up to the repsonsiblity.
3. protect the innocent. babies didn't ask to exist and they don't deserve to be suffed out. geez people we are making the profane sacred. its disgusting.

There I just fixed the whole freaking thing. don't have to kill babies for force labor to preterm infanticide.

Seriously your OP is sick.

Old 04-05-2019, 10:46 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,100,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c charlie View Post
Two cents.

A very emotive issue.

My position: a foetus becomes a person when it is viable ex utero. Most abortions are carried out in the first trimester. Claims of murder are emotional nonsense

I will not argue with religious claims, because that's all they are; claims based on religious faith, and unprovable. I get really cranky when believers impose or try to impose their personal superstitions on the rest of society in the form of restrictive laws..

In my opinion, an abortion is a medical decision between a woman and her doctor.---and nobody else

Having said that , I am also aware of the lifelong guilt and loss felt by some women who have had abortions. Imo, they need acceptance, and compassion, not judgement
Exactly and I don't understand why these people can't mind their own business.

Old 04-05-2019, 10:59 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Wow, here is something that has never been discussed endlessly before. ..........{sarcasm}
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies