Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2019, 09:27 AM

52,229 posts, read 33,992,086 times

Advertisements

no doubt part of the purpose of this is to prevent so called asylum seekers from grabbing a kid and claiming them as their own to get in easier.
predictably, ‘immigration advocates’ howl like stuck pigs.

Quote:
Immigration advocates on Thursday criticized the Trump administration's plan to conduct genetic testing on migrant children and parents separated as a result of its "zero tolerance" policy, saying the move is invasive and raises concerns over what the government might do with the biological data.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna889161
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2019, 09:34 AM

20,966 posts, read 19,427,308 times
Interesting that the “immigration advocates” are so concerned about protecting the rights of immigrants when the immigrants have no rights to enter a country illegally.

Old 04-05-2019, 09:36 AM

27,537 posts, read 15,968,325 times
As many as there is, i think they cloned them.

Old 04-05-2019, 11:32 AM

18,073 posts, read 18,703,664 times
Yet this testing among other evidence, is needed/may be needed for legal immigration with a child, or to establish US citizenship for a child born outside the US to a US citizen.

I have had two family members and one friend that needed to get a DNA test for their infants to establish a biological relation. The family members immigrated to the US with the child, the friend was a green card holder, but she gave birth outside the US. The family required DNA test because the US considered the documentation they had has insufficient, and there was a degree of concern over infant smuggling for purposes of adoption. The friend required a test because her giving birth outside the US raised a red flag.

Old 04-05-2019, 11:35 AM

27,537 posts, read 15,968,325 times
Maybe theyre secretly sterilizing them. Think they average about 13 kids each

Old 04-05-2019, 11:36 AM

5,427 posts, read 5,659,092 times
As an immigrant myself I have no issue with this. When you immigrate to this country legally, they collect and screen all kinds of data on you already, including medical records, immunization records, fingerprints, birth certificates, criminal records (if any), etc.
If you are immigrating to the US, the American people are doing YOU a favor by accepting you, and they have the right to screen and vet anybody to see if they are qualified to come and contribute to the American society.

Old 04-05-2019, 12:10 PM

24,298 posts, read 16,984,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Yet this testing among other evidence, is needed/may be needed for legal immigration with a child, or to establish US citizenship for a child born outside the US to a US citizen.

I have had two family members and one friend that needed to get a DNA test for their infants to establish a biological relation. The family members immigrated to the US with the child, the friend was a green card holder, but she gave birth outside the US. The family required DNA test because the US considered the documentation they had has insufficient, and there was a degree of concern over infant smuggling for purposes of adoption. The friend required a test because her giving birth outside the US raised a red flag.

Your case sounds like a real hassle for those involved BUT then again they were citizens that respect and follow the laws of the land because they have something to lose if they don't tell the truth.

Isn't sad that we can't take the word of the so called "migrants" but flat out we cannot. I don't know what is wrong with the people that blindly believe them especially when the "migrants" have nothing to lose and everything to gain. For these people with the gullible generosity I know a Nigerian Prince that is trying to give away $10 million dollars...

Old 04-05-2019, 12:15 PM

24,298 posts, read 16,984,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
As an immigrant myself I have no issue with this. When you immigrate to this country legally, they collect and screen all kinds of data on you already, including medical records, immunization records, fingerprints, birth certificates, criminal records (if any), etc.
If you are immigrating to the US, the American people are doing YOU a favor by accepting you, and they have the right to screen and vet anybody to see if they are qualified to come and contribute to the American society.

My wife immigrated to America years before I met her and she said that she was tested for such things as TB.

I wonder how much testing/health screening is being done to the thousands of people that come across the border daily as they come from poor third world countries where immunizations are rare?

I wonder if an outbreak of some weird disease that kills people will change the minds of the Dems that this problem at the border is a crisis? Sadly it would have to be the right persons child dying to make them take notice. Average American kids being hurt, sickened or killed don't matter.

Old 04-05-2019, 12:34 PM

18,073 posts, read 18,703,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Your case sounds like a real hassle for those involved BUT then again they were citizens that respect and follow the laws of the land because they have something to lose if they don't tell the truth.

Isn't sad that we can't take the word of the so called "migrants" but flat out we cannot. I don't know what is wrong with the people that blindly believe them especially when the "migrants" have nothing to lose and everything to gain. For these people with the gullible generosity I know a Nigerian Prince that is trying to give away $10 million dollars...
Side note about the friend I referenced; she chose to give birth back in her home country, because her mom and older sister were denied a visa to visit her in the US, and she absolutely wanted them with her when giving birth.

Old 04-05-2019, 01:01 PM

5,427 posts, read 5,659,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
My wife immigrated to America years before I met her and she said that she was tested for such things as TB.
They tested me as well. I think they also tested for HIV back then as well, but honestly I don't remember anymore.
I think a lot of Americans do not realize all the minutiae required to immigrate, since they are simply just given all the proper documents at birth or when they turn 18 with no questions asked and the government already has all of the required records on you on file. Accepting undocumented immigration is ridiculous, and no other civilized country does that, not even the EU. At the very least countries issue temporary/seasonal work visas or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies