Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you consider healthcare as a right for every citizen a far left position?
Yes, this is far left and extremism 114 42.07%
No, healthcare should be a right, not a privilege 157 57.93%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 11:32 AM

18,722 posts, read 7,601,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
I consider it an overly authoritarian position antithetical to freedom. No one has the right to the labor of another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
I agree with Joey. However, I still think the government should subsidize healthcare for the poor.
TRANSLATION: I don't agree with Joey. I think the poor DO have a right to the labor (and the money it produces) of another person. And I don't mind using the power of the Federal government to take that labor (money) from the person who labored and earned it, and illegally handing it to the poor person in defiance of the U.S. Constitution, which forbids such redistribution.

So I'll try to pretend that money from government is somehow different from money from the people who labor and earn it, and pay it to the Fed government as taxes. Only to see it handed to other people who have done nothing to earn or deserve it, in ways strictly forbidden by the Constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2019, 11:32 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,907,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
No, healthcare should be a right, not a privilege

Sounds good. Please PM me your mailing address. I'll send you my medical bills, with the address of my doctor's office so you can remit the funds he charges directly to him.

Thank you!

That goes for the rest of the nutcases in this poll too, who indicated they believe I have a "right" to not pay for my healthcare.
If you have insurance, you already pay for other people's HC.

Sorry if this has blown your mind.

Old 04-07-2019, 11:35 AM

18,722 posts, read 7,601,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
If healthcare were a "right", I wouldn't need insurance, now would I?

It's amazing how many liberals never think through what they are demanding.

PM me your mailing address, so I can give you the opportunity to provide this "right" to me that you think I have.

I'm waiting.

Old 04-07-2019, 11:37 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
Foolish question.

Everyone has access to health care, based on what they can afford, and the indigent qualify for Medicaid, Medical, etc.

Old 04-07-2019, 11:41 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,163,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Do you consider healthcare as a right for every citizen a far left position?

As long as we're considering rights throw in car repair and lawn care too...........

Only simpletons think all this stuff we have "rights" too is free.....

Old 04-07-2019, 11:43 AM

88,983 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:
You're welcome to leave at any time. Pretty sure slaves never had the same option.

Show me a country in the world that doesn't collect taxes.

And the Constitution allows for it.
You actually can't leave at any time. One has to apply to the Fed Gov to renounce one's US citizenship. And if they suspect one is doing so to avoid paying taxes, they'll deny the request which means they can collect taxes from one for life regardless of where one lives worldwide and even if one's income is foreign-earned.

The US and Eritrea are the only 2 countries in the world that tax global income regardless of wherever in the world one lives.

Old 04-07-2019, 11:43 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,406,555 times
Quote:

Sorry if this has blown your mind.

Doesn't blow my mind...but consider this... those who pay for private health insurance either thru a contribution employee company or union plan or your own private group plan reap the cost of others who pay into those plans and vice versa. That what makes them more affordable.

Old 04-07-2019, 11:45 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Do you consider healthcare as a right for every citizen a far left position?
Why would it be "far left".

Old 04-07-2019, 11:46 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
As long as we're considering rights throw in car repair and lawn care too...........

Only simpletons think all this stuff we have "rights" too is free.....
Just in case you missed it...

The constitution guarantees us the rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Not rights to car repair and lawn care.

Health care fits nicely with that life part.

Old 04-07-2019, 11:49 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,406,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Just in case you missed it...

The constitution guarantees us the rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Not rights to car repair and lawn care.

Health care fits nicely with that life part.

Well I would consider a free car repair and my lawn mowed some what a pursuit of happiness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies