Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2019, 12:33 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I tuned out as soon as I saw "demoncrapic".

Sheeesh. Did not even pick up on that. Ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2019, 08:56 AM

72,976 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Sheeesh. All of these threads obsessing over who Black folks vote for it's a bit bizarre. Personally, I don't observe this unhealthy fascination (obsession) in real life. Is this very common in real life, or is it just an internet thing? The following piece describes how the Russian interference/disinformation campaign targeted Black people, it's very creepy:

Russia's targeting of black voters is a very American thing to do

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/19/opini...ove/index.html
In my opinion, this obsession over who Black people vote for is based in fear and resentment. Some people look at Black people as a pest. The attitude of "if Blacks didn't vote at all, we'd have a better run society".

I'm still confused about the whole Russia thing. I don't know what is going on or why the Russian government would want Trump to be the President so badly.

Old 05-02-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
It's a sick obsession. You'd be surprised, just on this website alone and in real life. These people are fascinated with us.
I think said fascination/obsession is really resentment and fear. I've met a few people in real life who felt like "you need to vote for Trump". After I pointed out some of the bigoted things Trump said, one guy was like "Trump's a New Yorker, that's how they are up there, insulting each other. Don't take it seriously".

Old 05-02-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Personally, I have never heard 1 single person express "it's what we do" in real life.
Neither have I.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:05 AM

25,557 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I..............I'm still confused about the whole Russia thing. I don't know what is going on or why the Russian government would want Trump to be the President so badly.
It has never been shown that they did.

It can be shown that black voters protest by not voting. In 2016, 59% of eligible black voters went to the polls. In 2012 it was 66%. Extremely poor people almost never vote.

Asian and Hispanic voters run about 45%.
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...-cast-ballots/

This is one reason that polls who talk to registered voters or adults don't much matter, even though they are accurate.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
It has never been shown that they did.

It can be shown that black voters protest by not voting. In 2016, 59% of eligible black voters went to the polls. In 2012 it was 66%. Extremely poor people almost never vote.

Asian and Hispanic voters run about 45%.
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...-cast-ballots/

This is one reason that polls who talk to registered voters or adults don't much matter, even though they are accurate.
And I don't know that they didn't. There are alot of fishy things going on.

The drop in voters should indicate that alot of Blacks didn't support either Clinton or Trump. It indicates further that there aren't a huge number of Blacks supporting Trump.

Anyway, the obsession over who Blacks vote for is not healthy.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:16 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,877,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Your link is about "wealth" not poverty rates. Income and poverty rates are not the same thing as a "wealth gap." Wealth is about assets. Poverty is about income and assets.

Poverty rates have gone down since the 1960s for all demographics and went down the most for the black population. Today the poverty rate for blacks is less than 25%. In the 1950s-1960s it was 75% for blacks.
Why have firearm deaths and other crimes of violence, so often blamed on being raised in poverty, continued to be rampant amongst black males in poor black neighborhoods? Your statement negates the poverty excuse.

I agree blacks have it better than ever today. One would infer therefrom that gang activity, shootings, drug sales, prison population demographics, fatherless children not receiving monetary support, should be decreasing due to these improvements.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:28 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
In my opinion, this obsession over who Black people vote for is based in fear and resentment. Some people look at Black people as a pest. The attitude of "if Blacks didn't vote at all, we'd have a better run society".

I'm still confused about the whole Russia thing. I don't know what is going on or why the Russian government would want Trump to be the President so badly.
The fact of these matters is no one really knows precisely what's going on with all of these interrelated issues, investigations, lawsuits, & various constitutional crises. This time in our history will be one your grandchildren will likely ask you about.

As for the Russian interference/disinformation campaign? Here's the indictment:

https://www.justice.gov/file/1035477/download

It's not likely even this will go much further as far as revealing information. Even if the Russian defendants were willing to come to the US, there are now sanctions preventing them from doing so.

It's a tangled web for sure.

Oh & the likely goal of the Russian interference/disinformation campaign was to sow discord among the American people. Having such a corruptible POTUS was likely just a bonus. Divide & conquer.

Also agree with what you said about 'fear & resentment'. Also fits in with the 'divide & conquer' strategy because it's much easier to divide a perpetually fearful people ( against themselves ).

Last edited by ChiGeekGuest; 05-02-2019 at 09:38 AM..

Old 05-02-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
Why have firearm deaths and other crimes of violence, so often blamed on being raised in poverty, continued to be rampant amongst black males in poor black neighborhoods? Your statement negates the poverty excuse.

I agree blacks have it better than ever today. One would infer therefrom that gang activity, shootings, drug sales, prison population demographics, fatherless children not receiving monetary support, should be decreasing due to these improvements.
Black people who have obtained the education, jobs, and resources to do better are doing better. They have since left those neighborhoods and are not going back. What you see in alot of impoverished Black neighborhoods, that is what is left after those who had the means to leave got out. Alot of Black middle class lives in the suburbs now. Now that Blacks have the freedom to live wherever they want, they are using that freedom. Those with the resources and means have left. Those left behind are the impoverished, the fatherless, the poorly educated.

And the truth is, you have no-fault divorce to blame for the increase in fatherless homes, in both the Black and White population.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
The fact of these matters is no one really knows precisely what's going on with all of these interrelated issues, investigations, lawsuits, & various constitutional crises. This time in our history will be something your grandchildren will likely ask you about.

As for the Russian interference/disinformation campaign? Here's the indictment:

https://www.justice.gov/file/1035477/download

It's not likely even this will go much further as far as revealing information. Even if the Russian defendants were willing to come to the US, there are now sanctions preventing them from doing so.

It's a tangled web for sure.
It's hard to tell, it's fishy.

As for the obsession over who Blacks vote for, this is really resentment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies