Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2019, 08:29 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
It's amazing that so many employers discriminate against blacks and not other ethnic minorities.
I think they must all be part of a worldwide group of reptile shape-shifters.
I feel your pain bro.
I never once said other ethnicities weren't discriminated against. Notice I said terms like "more likely" or "relative to other groups". Either there is a reading comprehension issue, or you are just acting stupid because you don't want to hear anything I have to say. I said that compared to other groups Blacks deal with job discrimination the worst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2019, 12:31 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I never once said other ethnicities weren't discriminated against. Notice I said terms like "more likely" or "relative to other groups". Either there is a reading comprehension issue, or you are just acting stupid because you don't want to hear anything I have to say. I said that compared to other groups Blacks deal with job discrimination the worst.
Reading comprehension ?
You never said anything about how Blacks "deal" with discrimination compared to other groups.
You claimed they were discriminated against.
You also quoted a survey which showed a healthy majority of Americans including Hispanics don't agree with you.
Or are they just " gaslighting " too ....

Old 05-19-2019, 12:37 AM

17,606 posts, read 6,894,659 times
This thread is good reading. The liberal blacks are terrified that other blacks might have their own opinions and vote for Trump.

Old 05-19-2019, 12:52 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
This thread is good reading. The liberal blacks are terrified that other blacks might have their own opinions and vote for Trump.
The liberal blacks? The other blacks?

I thought you guys said that all blacks are liberals and Democrats, and hence, our vote isn’t important since it’s all going for the Democrats anyway.

Now you’re telling us that there are these “other blacks?” Who are they? I know a bazillion times more blacks than you do, and I can’t find these breakaway blacks.

Old 05-19-2019, 03:37 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

I thought you guys said that all blacks are liberals and Democrats, and hence, our vote isn’t important since it’s all going for the Democrats anyway.

Now you’re telling us that there are these “other blacks?” Who are they? I know a bazillion times more blacks than you do, and I can’t find these breakaway blacks.
There are around 47 million black people in the USA.
You have no idea what they all think or who they will vote for.
But a recent poll had 27% approval rating for Trump.
You do the math.

Old 05-19-2019, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Agreed. This thread demonstrates how the various attempts at scamming are not working.
The less such scamming works, the more some individuals double down on it.

Old 05-19-2019, 06:29 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The less such scamming works, the more some individuals double down on it.
You're right. The 'doubling down' is as inevitable as it is historical. The fact that groups of con artists, fr'instance Turning Point USA, have targeted Black American people for decades is evident. TPUSA targets young people on college campuses because young people are more vulnerable to being scammed.

For example, TPUSA’s “Professor Watchlist" is a McCarthy-ist website aimed at people who are less likely to be as informed of the dishonest tactics of Joe McCarthy.

Old 05-19-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Reading comprehension ?
You never said anything about how Blacks "deal" with discrimination compared to other groups.
You claimed they were discriminated against.
You also quoted a survey which showed a healthy majority of Americans including Hispanics don't agree with you.
Or are they just " gaslighting " too ....
Yep, I think it's a reading comprehension issue on your part.

Quote:
For some. It could also be that Blacks, compared to other groups, have a harder time getting jobs. Job discrimination is still an issue in the USA.
Notice I said "compared to other groups". Compared to, it means "relative to". Compare and contrast. Actually, I will just call it as I see it. You don't like what I have to say, so you feign reading comprehension to throw me off.

And something else. Alot of people will disagree that Blacks do go through job discrimination. You disagree yourself. It doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. All it shows is that many people disagree. Disagreement does not mean "it isn't true".

Now read this:

Quote:
Racial Gaps Persist in Perceptions of Job, Housing Equity
Whites and blacks have long disagreed about racial equality in the workforce and housing, with majorities of whites believing blacks have the same chances as whites, and majorities of blacks saying they do not. The gap persists in the latest data, although the perception of equality has declined among both groups, falling to the lowest point since the 1960s.

In the 2018 poll, 67% of whites and 30% of blacks expressed the view that blacks have the same chance as whites in their community to get any kind of job for which they are qualified.

Old 05-19-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
You're right. The 'doubling down' is as inevitable as it is historical. The fact that groups of con artists, fr'instance Turning Point USA, have targeted Black American people for decades is evident. TPUSA targets young people on college campuses because young people are more vulnerable to being scammed.

For example, TPUSA’s “Professor Watchlist" is a McCarthy-ist website aimed at people who are less likely to be as informed of the dishonest tactics of Joe McCarthy.
And this is the thing about a con-artist. The con artist looks for holes, looks for ways to penetrate. When someone is seasoned and doesn't fall for con games, the con artist looks for other ways. No one can sell me bull crap, because I can smell it coming.

Doubling down is a form of playing dumb. Psychological warfare part 2. When bs doesn't work, try guilt. When guilt doesn't work, try confusing the person the con artist is arguing with.

A few people are peddling the bullcrap of "Huge amount of Blacks are supporting Trump". Based on my experiences, this is a lie. A few youtube videos doesn't mean much in the bigger picture. Since that can be easily refuted, it has gone into doubling down. It is really a form of playing stupid. The point of refuting one's lies is to get them to admit "you are wrong, you are full of bull crap". The point of said con artist is to make his or her point stick. In this case, it can be easily refuted. We have proof that the vast majority of Black Americans do not support Trump. We have enough proof from the Bureau of Labor that Trump has not had any effect on Black unemployment rates going down. There is also proof that Black unemployment rates are going up again, since Fall 2018-Winter 2019. Someone kept doubling down on the "27%" crap. When bs was called out, suddenly, it goes from doubling down to "Blacks are lazy". Now, it wasn't said in those exact words, but the statement certain alluded to such. And then I brought up job discrimination. The next response was to play stupid and mock it.

So far, the main challenge has been this. Prove me wrong. Show me where I have lied. So far, no one is doing that. But then, maybe that's one of the hallmarks of a bs'er, a con artist. A habitual liar relies on lies. A con artist relies on stoking one's emotions, and throwing off someone's timing. No one is stepping up to refute me because it isn't really about the truth. It's about taking some bs and making it stick. Admitting to telling lies is like admitting defeat. A con artist will never admit to such.

Old 05-19-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

And thus, this is how bs artists operate. All they are concerned about is making their point stick. We're not buying the bs. First it's "alot of Blacks are supporting Trump". When that can be refuted, now it's "oh well, the Black vote doesn't matter". At the end of the day, said persons don't care about Black people. They just care about keeping Trump in office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies