Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 01:54 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Right.

PP offsets the donations with tax money. It's a sleight of hand that is MEANINGLESS.

PP does abortions. Everyone knows this. Every penny they receive allows them to keep murdering babies.
They are audited, evidently the Hyde Amendment wasn't enough for you so you needed to come up with some other far fetched theory. I don't think you really thought this out, if Ohio takes away the $1.3 M they will still have abortions so what is the problem you are looking to solve by closing down legitimate health services, or do you just hate poor people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
If everyone who is so upset about Planned Parenthood funding would pony up their own money it would not matter. Most aren’t that concerned they prefer to make others pay.

Maybe we should do the same with the DOD.

Old 04-08-2019, 01:58 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They are audited, evidently the Hyde Amendment wasn't enough for you so you needed to come up with some other far fetched theory. I don't think you really thought this out, if Ohio takes away the $1.3 M they will still have abortions so what is the problem you are looking to solve by closing down legitimate health services, or do you just hate poor people.
So they wouldn't take that money from the abortion side?

If they don't get the funding, PP has already decided to NOT fund it's "healthcare service" but instead pull the total $1.3M from healthcare and use it to pay for abortions?

Why is PP choosing to defund it's own healthcare services in favor of abortions??? They really don't care about womens health.

Old 04-08-2019, 02:18 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
It's fruitless to try to educate these people. They have no clue about how nonprofits run, nor about how federal funding to nonprofits works. Nor do they care, because it doesn't fit their blinders or their agenda. Let them stew in their ignorance.

Quote:
PP offsets the donations with tax money. It's a sleight of hand that is MEANINGLESS.

PP does abortions. Everyone knows this. Every penny they receive allows them to keep murdering babies.
That's incorrect, illegal, bad accounting practice, and bad business to boot.

What part of "restricted funding" don't you understand?

Quote:
So they wouldn't take that money from the abortion side?

If they don't get the funding, PP has already decided to NOT fund it's "healthcare service" but instead pull the total $1.3M from healthcare and use it to pay for abortions?

Why is PP choosing to defund it's own healthcare services in favor of abortions??? They really don't care about womens health.
Wrong, wrong and wrong.

I don't have time to give you an accounting lesson. Or a health care lesson. Or an insurance reimbursement lesson. Figure it out on your own.

Old 04-08-2019, 02:19 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
So many women will lose health care screenings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I thought Obamacare provided such things.
It does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But it's important to understand that people who want abortion banned couldn't care less about that part.
Which part of "taking my money and giving it to profits and non-profits is wrong" do you not understand?

How is the State of Ohio morally or ethically obligated to fund profit or non-profit organizations?

Planned Parenthood is a non-profit, and it is illegal, immoral and unethical to rob me of my money to give it to Planned Parenthood.

If you want Planned Parenthood funded, then open up your bank accounts and credit cards and give them money.

Let me have Freedom of Choice to choose which non-profits I may support, instead of coercing me.

It's funny how Liberals are so selective in their application of Freedom of Choice.

Old 04-08-2019, 02:28 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Planned Parenthood is a non-profit, and it is illegal, immoral and unethical to rob me of my money to give it to Planned Parenthood.
Is it also illegal, immoral, and unethical to give tax money to all nonprofits, or just Planned Parenthood? You don't want tax money going to other health care organizations? How about to nonprofits that run Head Start classrooms, or to nonprofits that run Retired Senior Volunteer Programs? What about local K-12 schools?

What about local governments, and local law enforcement agencies?

How do you suppose these organizations should raise money for the services they provide? Or should people simply go without health care, education, law enforcement, etc.?

Or is it just Planned Parenthood?

Old 04-08-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Is it also illegal, immoral, and unethical to give tax money to all nonprofits, or just Planned Parenthood? You don't want tax money going to other health care organizations? How about to nonprofits that run Head Start classrooms, or to nonprofits that run Retired Senior Volunteer Programs? What about local K-12 schools?

What about local governments, and local law enforcement agencies?

How do you suppose these organizations should raise money for the services they provide? Or should people simply go without health care, education, law enforcement, etc.?

Or is it just Planned Parenthood?
Do any of those organizations murder babies?

Old 04-08-2019, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Do any of those organizations murder babies?
They are a federally funded title X healthcare provider, make your case why the poor should lose really basic health care. Abortion is legal but really has nothing to do with this funding other than zealots willing to sacrifice the poor for a misguided effort. They are willing to take away family planning to make their case, how does any of this make rational sense.

Old 04-08-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
They are a federally funded title X healthcare provider, make your case why the poor should lose really basic health care. Abortion is legal but really has nothing to do with this funding other than zealots willing to sacrifice the poor for a misguided effort. They are willing to take away family planning to make their case, how does any of this make rational sense.
How does killing babies make rational sense?

Old 04-08-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It does.

Which part of "taking my money and giving it to profits and non-profits is wrong" do you not understand?

How is the State of Ohio morally or ethically obligated to fund profit or non-profit organizations?

If you want Planned Parenthood funded, then open up your bank accounts and credit cards and give them money.

Let me have Freedom of Choice to choose which non-profits I may support, instead of coercing me.

It's funny how Liberals are so selective in their application of Freedom of Choice.
This program received bipartisan support under Nixon, it has nothing to do with morality or ethics. I is a program to provide some semblance of care to poor, the republicans should not be playing politics with this program.

Planned Parenthood is not illegal, that is complete nonsense. If you don't like title X call your congressman and ask him to cancel the program in its entirety rather than going through these mental exercise to rationalize pulling the funding of one provider.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies