Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support MGTOW?
Yay 84 58.33%
Nay 60 41.67%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 02:34 PM

19,626 posts, read 12,218,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Well. I've lived in Japan many years and have dated a number of Japanese women in my adult life. So I can relate to the Japanese culture fairly well. I do have male Japanese friends who don't care for women, but aren't gay either. I'd have to say, from experiences knowing them, they are more afraid of rejection so they don't even try to get hooked up with a woman. As they have said to me in the past, "it's better not to try then to try and fail". But this doesn't just have to do with women, it's got to do with pretty much everything with a risk involved to them. I guess some people find the same thing in gambling (me). I don't gamble because I rather not loose my money then to loose my money because I gambled it away.
Sex and relationships is different than gambling. These men never have sex?

Old 04-08-2019, 02:39 PM

6,343 posts, read 2,895,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remsleep View Post
Is an ugly guy with a horrible personality not getting the girl of his dreams a new thing that we should all be concerned about though?

MGTOW seems like a bunch of snowflake men crying that they didn't get everything that they wanted out of life handed to them. If they spent less time whining and acting like jerks maybe they could meet someone that wants to spend time with them.
You seem very bitter about not getting that quarterback job. Have you tried therapy?

Old 04-08-2019, 02:53 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Rules were made to be broken. Some guys not born with good looks may be able to make up for lack of charm in that department by having a very bright, clever, humorous, confident personality that may work with some women. Such guys can't say more than a few sentences without making the woman laugh.
It’s interesting to read how a man defines what makes other men attractive to women, and it strikes me as a bit odd that when women chime in about what they really find most attractive about their mates, and it doesn’t comply with those assumptions, women are disbelieved. I’ve been attracted to very few men in my life, and only one such that I wanted it to go longer than a couple of dates. I married him. Now, let me be clear that I most certainly do not wish to portray my husband as unattractive, but he did not tick the boxes of what most would define as movie star looks (and neither did I, btw). He was twenty and losing his hair and a bit chubby around the middle. Nonetheless, I fell head over heels, and even thirty-some years later, I still think he’s the tops!

Old 04-08-2019, 02:57 PM

5,340 posts, read 4,428,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
This thread is based on a 2-question poll, asking readers if the MGTOW movement is a good thing or bad thing.

Males, are you glad that you have guys who are against modern feminist ideals and broadcasting their opinions across the Web? Women, are you happy that certain men are subtracting themselves from marriage, so you have less chance of being stuck with an old-fashioned male chauvinist? Or do any of you think this movement is a bunch of tripe sponsored by frustrated men?

Me personally, I like it. I think divorce laws are highly unfair to men, and it's wise of men to not let themselves be caught in a financial trap should their spouse demand an unilateral divorce. Also, I support anything which cuts down on the birthrate - fewer marriages = fewer children being born. Not a bad thing at all, IMO.

What do you folks think? Vote yay or nay in my poll and comment at will.
Your poll is flawed. You first state that you want to know if MGTOW is a good or bad thing. Then in the poll you ask Do you support MGTOW? Those are two totally different things. One can think something is good and not support it or they can think it is bad and support it. Think of rights vs personal opinions about those rights.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 04-08-2019, 03:07 PM

1,406 posts, read 800,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remsleep View Post

One pro tip: If you are a man with looks in the 3 range, barring some cosmic event usually reserved for a rom com movie, you will not be dating a supermodel. That advice should take care of about 99% of MGTOW/incel types. They seem to think that their unremarkable looks, off putting personality and part-time job in retail is going to get a Victoria's Secret model to fall head over heels. When it doesn't happen, they have an online pity party for themselves.
Again, conflating incels with MGTOW. But if you want to remain uninformed, that's your choice.

Old 04-08-2019, 03:13 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
Somebody please explain to me why MGTOW has to be so denigrating toward women and those in loving committed relationships. I believe it is perfectly acceptable for both men and women to remain single, and I think most people would agree.

Old 04-08-2019, 03:14 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,289 times
The vast majority of the time thought processes like these are a result of an incapacity for introspection and reflective self change. A fragile ego needs to be right all the time, thus for any shortcomings the fragile person possesses the world must actually be what is wrong.

A mentally strong person recognizes a problem or unfufillment in their life and asks themselves how they can change to fix it.

A weak person grasps around for "others" to blame all the while rejecting any opportunities to change or improve themselves.

Old 04-08-2019, 03:17 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Somebody please explain to me why MGTOW has to be so denigrating toward women and those in loving committed relationships. I believe it is perfectly acceptable for both men and women to remain single, and I think most people would agree.
That is the difference in personality between a person who decides to just be single, and that of a person who "decides" to just be single and simultaneously adopts anger at being single as their primary persona.

Old 04-08-2019, 03:31 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,125,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Sex and relationships is different than gambling. These men never have sex?
They feel the same about everything. I've known Japanese guitarists, bassists, drummers, etc. that could blow the doors off of what we see here in the US in regards to musicians but asking them to try and do something with that talent, they say they rather not try then to try and fail. Same with those Japanese guys I know who don't go out with women. They rather not try at all then to try, fail and do the walk of shame.

Old 04-08-2019, 03:41 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
MGTOW isn't just about deciding not to date women or whatever.

It's a whole tirade against women and a way of life that involves treating women poorly because you think you were forced to stop dating because you deserve supermodels and only regular women (or women you deem to be inferior) will date you.

It's mental health problem, basically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies