Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2019, 06:20 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,378,485 times

Advertisements

All they need is more illegals to make their communities safer, according to Beto. That should help a bit!

Old 04-19-2019, 06:31 AM

349 posts, read 229,322 times
Interesting argument, However not all anti vaxers are simply crazy people!

My husband was healthy with no problems until he got sick in his late 50s. Before his illness he was active, never drank or smoked, rarely ate sugar, exercised everyday, ate mostly healthy organic whole foods (no processed) but then he got a very rare autoimmune illness at the age of 59. It's called CLIPPERS syndrome which affects the brain. He has lesions on his brain stem which affects mostly balance.

At his worst he resembled a stroke victim. He needed assistance with walking, had severe double vision and you simply couldn't understand what he was saying since his speech was so slurred.

After seeing multiple doctors we have been able to make life bearable and he's now somewhat stable but wasn't ever able to return to work (BTW, he loved his job as an engineer).

I mention all of this because his latest doctor who happens to be a top neurologist who specializes in rare brain diseases at the University of the Hospital of Pennsylvania thinks his issues might have started with a vaccine. Now this is only his theory and isn't a fact but it does give someone like me pause when contemplating the possibility of getting future vaccines....for me. I'm not saying that vaccines don't do good but they aren't 100% safe as many people seem to think.

What my husband has is very rare but when it happens to you or your family then that just doesn't matter. Our lives have been turned upside down and is forever changed.

Old 04-19-2019, 06:35 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signs9 View Post
Interesting argument, However not all anti vaxers are simply crazy people!

My husband was healthy with no problems until he got sick in his late 50s. Before his illness he was active, never drank or smoked, rarely ate sugar, exercised everyday, ate mostly healthy organic whole foods (no processed) but then he got a very rare autoimmune illness at the age of 59. It's called CLIPPERS syndrome which affects the brain. He has lesions on his brain stem which affects mostly balance.

At his worst he resembled a stroke victim. He needed assistance with walking, had severe double vision and you simply couldn't understand what he was saying since his speech was so slurred.

After seeing multiple doctors we have been able to make life bearable and he's now somewhat stable but wasn't ever able to return to work (BTW, he loved his job as an engineer).

I mention all of this because his latest doctor who happens to be a top neurologist who specializes in rare brain diseases at the University of the Hospital of Pennsylvania thinks his issues might have started with a vaccine. Now this is only his theory and isn't a fact but it does give someone like me pause when contemplating the possibility of getting future vaccines....for me. I'm not saying that vaccines don't do good but they aren't 100% safe as many people seem to think.

What my husband has is very rare but when it happens to you or your family then that just doesn't matter. Our lives have been turned upside down and is forever changed.
And there are posters here who, without knowing anything about your husband, will tell you that is absolutely not true. That you are mistaken or even LYING about your husband. That the doctor is a total quack. Because vaccines are perfectly safe, and they never, ever harm anyone. The science is settled, according to them.

So sorry for your husband's injury. I can't even imagine.

Old 04-19-2019, 06:51 AM

349 posts, read 229,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
And there are posters here who, without knowing anything about your husband, will tell you that is absolutely not true. That you are mistaken or even LYING about your husband. That the doctor is a total quack. Because vaccines are perfectly safe, and they never, ever harm anyone. The science is settled, according to them.

Thank you. Yes it's been a very hard journey and no how I expected our 60s to be. As they say man makes plans and G-d laughs!

Before his illness I did pretty much what my doctors suggested. However after seeing so many doctors who simply couldn't help I became frustrated and realized that they are simply humans who don't always have the answers. Because of this experience I now question almost everything including vaccines!

There probably will be some who might not believe me here but it doesn't matter to me...I am living this nightmare reality.

Old 04-19-2019, 07:20 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Yep.

Or if you insist on trying diet and exercise first instead of that medicine your doctor wants you to take. Well, can't have that. Must do as you are told or face the consequences.

I highly suspect this is the precursor to more mandatory vaccination strategy. Maybe do another one with a childhood illness to get the idea implanted into people's heads.

Then move on to the flu vaccine, which 45% of the population is not interested in. So gotta make it mandatory.

1. Voluntary
2. Requirement for school / work
3. Punishment / Fine <= this is where we are
4. Mandatory
Sticking to measles (what a concept!) there is nothing diet or exercise can do to help you. 90% of non-immune people will contract the disease at first exposure.

Old 04-19-2019, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Sticking to measles (what a concept!) there is nothing diet or exercise can do to help you. 90% of non-immune people will contract the disease at first exposure.
You have absolutely 100% completely and deliberately misunderstood what I was saying. But, I'm not surprised. You're team is winning right? That's all that matters to YOU.

You cannot see the bigger picture here you are so intent on WINNING. Freedom, schemeedom. Eh, not necessary, since I get what I want, right? I don't care if the govt starts forcing medical care on people who don't want it, since I want that one.

This? Sets a precedent. What will the next mandatory or get a fine medical procedure be? Maybe it's something that YOU wouldn't want.

Old 04-19-2019, 07:26 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:

No one is going to say that. I am sorry your husband is ill, Signs9. I had not heard of CLIPPERS before. For those who are interested, here is some information about it.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24028073
https://rarediseases.info.nih.gov/di...ve-to-steroids

What vaccine does his doctor think caused the disease? What is his scientific evidence for thinking so?

Old 04-19-2019, 07:30 AM

Quote:
No one is going to say that. I am sorry your husband is ill, Signs9. I had not heard of CLIPPERS before. For those who are interested, here is some information about it.

What vaccine does his doctor think caused the disease? What is his scientific evidence for thinking so?
Because you think vaccines are perfectly safe. So you are demanding info.

Old 04-19-2019, 07:35 AM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signs9 View Post
Thank you. Yes it's been a very hard journey and no how I expected our 60s to be. As they say man makes plans and G-d laughs!

Before his illness I did pretty much what my doctors suggested. However after seeing so many doctors who simply couldn't help I became frustrated and realized that they are simply humans who don't always have the answers. Because of this experience I now question almost everything including vaccines!

There probably will be some who might not believe me here but it doesn't matter to me...I am living this nightmare reality.
I’m sorry your husband and you are suffering. I read a bit about Clippers and it sounds as grim as you describe. Has your husband had any success in treatment with corticosteroids? One article I read said long term steroids (at least a year) significantly improved or resolved symptoms and helped prevent their reoccurrence.

I hope that’s happened or is happening in his case.

Edited to add: WOW. It is extremely rare! I read an article from 2015 about the 51st person to be diagnosed with Clippers. I couldn’t find one with stats that was more recent.

Last edited by UNC4Me; 04-19-2019 at 08:04 AM..

Old 04-19-2019, 07:50 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:

Probably the flu vaccine. It would be one that a person of his age would get and is also among the most highly compensated in terms of vaccine injures. Doing a quick google search shows that there is a possibility of a link between the two. But hopefully signs9 can answer.

Sorry for what you and your husband are going through, signs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies