Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2019, 06:04 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
As a vaccinated person, I’m not terrified of getting sick. I am concerned for those who can’t be vaccinated (like immunocompromised folks) and young kids who haven’t yet had the full range of vaccines and are therefore vulnerable. I’m concerned we’ll lose our herd immunity and people will die in this country like they do in others from VPDs. .
If people are so immunocompromised that they can die if they are in public?

They need to stay home. Sorry but that's the truth.

If I had a child or elderly parent that was that sick? NO WAY would I ever bring them in public. It would be the very definition of medical negligence.

It's common sense. There is absolutely nothing that can protect them from getting sick.

People have bought the brainwashing hook, line and sinker.

Wait till all our freedom is gone. Probably won't even notice.

Old 04-09-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Please post ONE verified death from measles vaccine. By verified, I mean medically/scientifically verified, not verified by some alt med source.

What's so funny about measles? Oh, yeah, next you'll post a youtube of "The Brady Bunch". Some people just can't tell truth from fiction.
You are beyond misinformed.

Ready to admit you are 100% in support of mandatory vaccination for everyone in the USA?

Old 04-09-2019, 06:05 PM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Are you concerned when vaccine injure and kill kids? You think that's OK?

I know someone who almost died from a vaccine and has chosen not to give her kids that ONE vaccine. Just that one. The amount of garbage and crap she has to put up with from her pediatrician is inexcusable.

I suppose she MUST vaccine her kids, even though they might have the same reaction?

Measles is a JOKE. Get the vaccine if you want. No one is stopping you.

I cannot believe poeple have become this brainwashed. My grandmothers are rolling over in their graves.
No, she doesn’t have to get her child vaccinated. Not one state is forcibly vaccinating children or adults. Your fear over that is unwarranted and histrionic.

Measles is no big deal? Tell that to the loved ones of the 110,000 people who died of measles globally last year. Not to mention those that survived but are permanently impacted.

Old 04-09-2019, 06:07 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,289,311 times
Quote:
If people are so immunocompromised that they can die if they are in public?

They need to stay home. Sorry but that's the truth.

If I had a child or elderly parent that was that sick? NO WAY would I ever bring them in public. It would be the very definition of medical negligence.

It's common sense. There is absolutely nothing that can protect them from getting sick.

People have bought the brainwashing hook, line and sinker.

Wait till all our freedom is gone. Probably won't even notice.
Some with compromised immune systems are n medical facilities. They should be isolated from anyone not vaccinated.

Old 04-09-2019, 06:10 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Do you know how much compliance you get with "voluntary" recommendations?

Ya think? Here's what the Cato Institute, not a "liberal" organization, says:
https://www.cato.org/blog/migrant-ca...cination-rates

Some countries in Central and South America have better vaccine rates than the US.

None yet. Do you think this is a "gotcha"? It's only a matter of time.

You are playing "how to lie with statistics". There were about 500,000 reported cases of measles each year prior to the vaccine. There were about 400-500 reported deaths from measles annually. It's widely acknowledged that the actual incidence was more like 3-4 million. It's also true that not all deaths were reported to the CDC as measles deaths.

Yet.
Quote:
Before measles vaccine was licensed in 1963, an average of 400,000 measles cases were reported each year in the United States (8 ). However, because virtually all children acquired measles, the number of cases probably approached 3.5 million per year (i.e., an entire birth cohort).
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/PDF/rr/rr4708.pdf

In 1961 423,919 measles cases were reported and there were 434 deaths. But if the actual number of measles cases was 3.5 million then you’re looking at a much lower rate. Closer to 1 in 100,000.

Old 04-09-2019, 06:13 PM

Deaths from the measles vaccine, you ask?

https://www.hrsa.gov/sites/default/f...april-2019.pdf

This is the HRSA Data and Statistics report for the last 20 years covering the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP).

There have been:

19 deaths from measles vaccine
61 deaths from MMR vaccine
2 deaths from MR vaccine

I'm sure there are more. These are ONLY the ones that were reported, went to vaccine court, cases won, and were paid out with settlements.

Also that 1 in 1 million statistic? Is based on the number of vaccines manufacured -- not administered -- adn the number of cases that win.

Not an actual injury vs number of patients that receive the vaccine.

Old 04-09-2019, 07:04 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
You are beyond misinformed.

Ready to admit you are 100% in support of mandatory vaccination for everyone in the USA?
You will not get me in your trap no matter how much you try. You've already done this and it didn't work. You don't understand contraindications, herd immunity and other vaccination concepts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/PDF/rr/rr4708.pdf

In 1961 423,919 measles cases were reported and there were 434 deaths. But if the actual number of measles cases was 3.5 million then you’re looking at a much lower rate. Closer to 1 in 100,000.
How to Lie with Statistics by MissTerri: (Based on the book https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...ith_Statistics)

Multiply number of reported cases by 10, then subtract a few for fun. Divide by number of reported deaths. Get answer ~ 1 in 10,000.

No, that's not how you do it, MT. We can assume that the number of cases was about equal to the birth cohort, that is, 3-4 million, because everyone got it. We can also assume that many of the deaths were reported as deaths due to something else-pneumonia, the most common cause of death, encephalitis, or maybe even something less specific. What we can't do is use the estimated number for the cases and the reported number for the deaths. Last year in Europe, you know, that outbreak you never heard of even though you follow vaccine preventable diseases and there were 80,000 cases? There were 80,000 cases and 72 deaths, about 1 in 1000, this in most European countries, all of which have UHC. I'd say it's likely that with today's tracking systems, computers, etc that the numbers are probably more accurate.

Quote:
Deaths from the measles vaccine, you ask?

https://www.hrsa.gov/sites/default/f...april-2019.pdf

This is the HRSA Data and Statistics report for the last 20 years covering the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP).

There have been:

19 deaths from measles vaccine
61 deaths from MMR vaccine
2 deaths from MR vaccine

I'm sure there are more. These are ONLY the ones that were reported, went to vaccine court, cases won, and were paid out with settlements.

Also that 1 in 1 million statistic? Is based on the number of vaccines manufacured -- not administered -- adn the number of cases that win.

Not an actual injury vs number of patients that receive the vaccine.
I almost spit my drink onto the computer screen. After all these years, you still don't understand what VAERS plainly says: "VAERS is a passive reporting system, meaning it relies on individuals to send in reports of their experiences to CDC and FDA. VAERS is not designed to determine if a vaccine caused a health problem" and "VAERS accepts reports of adverse events following vaccination without judging the cause or seriousness of the event. Some adverse events might be caused by vaccination and others might be coincidental and not related to vaccination. Just because an adverse event happened after a person received a vaccine does not mean the vaccine caused the adverse event. VAERS is not designed to determine if a vaccine caused an adverse event, but it is good at detecting unusual or unexpected patterns of reporting that might indicate possible safety problems that need a closer look."
https://vaers.hhs.gov/

The stats are based on # of doses of vaccine distributed.
https://www.skepticalraptor.com/skep...s-nvicp-facts/

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 04-09-2019 at 07:58 PM..

Old 04-09-2019, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Did the mayor say anyone who is "immune"?

No. Any "unvaccinated" person.

How can anyone prove it? Do you carry a certified and state-approved copy of your immunization records?
Surprise! Here's the exact wording of the order: https://vaxopedia.org/2019/04/09/tim...ec2E_M8G-n6qo8
"People who demonstrate they are immune from measles or should be medically exempt from this requirement will not need to get vaccinated".

People born before 1957 are automatically considered immune.

Old 04-09-2019, 08:31 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
How to Lie with Statistics by MissTerri: (Based on the book https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...ith_Statistics)

Multiply number of reported cases by 10, then subtract a few for fun. Divide by number of reported deaths. Get answer ~ 1 in 10,000.
I showed you the numbers as well as the source which was the CDC. You can be snarky and rude all you want but what I shared is accurate. If you want to look at how to lie with statistics, looking at how deaths from flu are calculated each year would be a much better example.

Last edited by MissTerri; 04-09-2019 at 08:42 PM..

Old 04-09-2019, 10:28 PM

You left off the CDC' s estimate of deaths with the estimated higher number of cases, because they don't know that. That's why you can't do what you did and get an accurate answer.

Do you really think medical care has become worse since 1962, 57 years ago, and that's why the death rate increased 10X in the outbreak in Europe last year? (By your erroneous method, that is.)

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 04-09-2019 at 10:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies