Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2019, 08:50 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Ebola is a contagious disease for which there is no vaccine. Totally comparable to chicken pox for parents who do not vaccinate their children.

The point is that by not quarantining oneself when ill with a contagious disease, the disease becomes an epidemic.
Ebola kills between 25% to 90% of those who get it. Not comparable to chicken pox. Not even close.
Quote:
BTW, we have vaccinations now for chicken pox. The year is 2019!
Really?????? I had no idea.

Old 04-16-2019, 08:54 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Ebola kills between 25% to 90% of those who get it. Not comparable to chicken pox. Not even close.

Really?????? I had no idea.

Do you vaccinate your children?

Quote:
Take, for example, measles. The virus is one of the most contagious diseases known to man. It's R0 sits around 18. That means each person with the measles spreads it to 18 people, on average, when nobody is vaccinated. (When everyone is vaccinated, the R0 drops to essentially zero for measles).
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...gious-is-ebola

Old 04-16-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:

Do you vaccinate your children? Do you even have children? Are you up to date on the current recommended schedule and have every vaccine recommended by the CDC and the ACIP?

I realize all of these questions are 100% irrelevant to the thread topic and are personal questions but since you asked I figured you wanted to discuss and disclose your private health information with a bunch of strangers on the internet.

Old 04-16-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Do you vaccinate your children? Do you even have children? Are you up to date on the current recommended schedule and have every vaccine recommended by the CDC and the ACIP?

I realize all of these questions are 100% irrelevant to the thread topic and are personal questions but since you asked I figured you wanted to discuss your private health information.
Yes, my sons have all gotten all vaccinations available including HPV and hepatitis. One is a Masters level engineer the other in medicine.

Old 04-16-2019, 09:00 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
It sounds like she is saying that it was inconvenient.
Thanks for reading my mind. You're wrong. There's a big continuum between being "afraid" of chickenpox and thinking it's harmless. And no, it wasn't just the inconvenience. Kids were sick with chickenpox. Mine were very sick. Several people on here have posted about how they were quite sick. Why do you want that for your kids? And if yours haven't had it by now, by your own statements, they are going to be quite sick when they get it.

Old 04-16-2019, 09:01 AM

Miss Terri, Do you vaccinate your children?

You seem to be ashamed on some level that you do not directly answer this question which has been asked of you multiple times. What gives?

Old 04-16-2019, 09:02 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:

I realize all of these questions are 100% irrelevant to the thread topic and are personal questions but since you asked I figured you wanted to discuss and disclose your private health information with a bunch of strangers on the internet.
Why are you posting here if you feel this information is so personal?

Old 04-16-2019, 09:05 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,454,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Were you terrified everyone was going to die?

Did half the class come back disabled and disfigured?

Were there demands to quarantine the whole town + fines if people disobeyed?

Or did people just deal with it, make up the work they missed, and move on, a nonevent?

Uh, nobody I know WANTS to be sick. But it's not the terror-filled-fear-mongering-death -and-disfigurement-complications-everybody-PANIC-PANIC-PANIC-mode that the media and the CDC and certain posters pretending to be "medical" professionals are calling it out to be.

The reality is not even close to what is being portrayed.

Wait till the chickenpox outbreak and the calls for quarantine and mandatory vaccinations. Completely overreaching and convincing a brainwashed population with terror for a harmless childhood illness.
I wonder why they don't do this every flu season when the flu kills more people than measles and chicken pox? They seem to even punish you if you call out sick too long if you have the flu with attendance rules.

Old 04-16-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
I wonder why they don't do this every flu season when the flu kills more people than measles and chicken pox? They seem to even punish you if you call out sick too long if you have the flu with attendance rules.
Most medical centers require employees to get a flu vaccination if they wish to continue their employment there. Totally within the rights of an employer.

Old 04-16-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Miss Terri, Do you vaccinate your children?

You seem to be ashamed on some level that you do not directly answer this question which has been asked of you multiple times. What gives?
My kids have had some vaccines, not all. Quite frankly, it’s none of your business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies