Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 05:18 PM

13,562 posts, read 10,318,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
That we don't want our children groomed,abused or used as tools in their propaganda shows. Pretty simple to understand. Any parent who loves and cares for their children would want the same thing.
Working yourself into a frenzy -- it's not healthy, man.

Just have a Coke and a smile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2019, 05:18 PM

35,522 posts, read 17,824,056 times
When you hear politicians who are strongly against the rights of Gay people, the odds seem to be that they are gay themselves.

Everyone else kind of doesn't care what other adults do in their bedrooms.

Old 04-09-2019, 05:19 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,484,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Would you say the same to a Jewish person about a White Nationalist with anti-Semitic views, to just forget it and not "stir emotions within themselves"? Or to tell a Muslim not to worry about people like Frank Gaffney or Pam Geller because they're fringe?
I find your pressing questions more than just a little obnoxious. Why do you feel entitled to a breakdown of a stranger’s value system in exchange for their differing opinions? If you were aware of my gender, ethnicity, and family history you’d feel like an idiot right now, and would quietly disappear from this thread. I’m sparing you that because you are not worth it. Go be needy to somebody else.

Old 04-09-2019, 05:20 PM

623 posts, read 233,098 times
Quote:
Working yourself into a frenzy -- it's not healthy, man.

Just have a Coke and a smile.
Oh I am happy. Just sitting here watching tv,scanning the web for some information...talking to the wife etc. Oh and I don't care for Coke I like Mtn Dew and Dr Pepper but nice try and trying to change the subject.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
When you hear politicians who are strongly against the rights of Gay people, the odds seem to be that they are gay themselves.

Its not what they do in their bedrooms I care about,there they are MORE than free to do WHATEVER they want. That's of ZERO concern to me.

Old 04-09-2019, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I find your pressing questions more than just a little obnoxious. Why do you feel entitled to a breakdown of a stranger’s value system in exchange for their differing opinions? If you were aware of my gender, ethnicity, and family history you’d feel like an idiot right now, and would quietly disappear from this thread. I’m sparing you that because you are not worth it. Go be needy to somebody else.
There's something called one standard applied to everyone. Looks like I hit a nerve here.

I'll give you credit for your persistence, bravado, and chutzpah, but it looks like when you can't take the heat, you call someone needy. Thank you.

Old 04-09-2019, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Its not what they do in their bedrooms I care about,there they are MORE than free to do WHATEVER they want. That's of ZERO concern to me.
So why are you so bugged out about LGBTQ people if what they do in their bedrooms and private lives are of no concern to you?

Old 04-09-2019, 05:25 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,690,180 times
Quote:

Except you seem to think that what they do in their bedrooms with other adults means that they are actively interested in your children. That's an unwarranted conclusion - otherwise known as 'irrational'.

Old 04-09-2019, 05:27 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,484,948 times
Quote:
There's something called one standard applied to everyone. Looks like I hit a nerve here.

I'll give you credit for your persistence, bravado, and chutzpah, but it looks like when you can't take the heat, you call someone needy. Thank you.
Wonderful. Pat yourself on the back for your clever internet victory and call it a day. You’re the winner here.

Old 04-09-2019, 05:32 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,218,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

This is very true. Very true. There is a list of high profile people who railed and railed against gays and homosexuality right up until they were arrested in the men's room of an airport soliciting sex, or hitting up congressional aides for sex, or just plain old caught in flagrante delicto with a young man.

Let's not even go into the entire priest-evangelist preacher thing. Politicians are so much more fun.

Old 04-09-2019, 05:35 PM

35,522 posts, read 17,824,056 times
Quote:
Oh I am happy. Just sitting here watching tv,scanning the web for some information...talking to the wife etc. Oh and I don't care for Coke I like Mtn Dew and Dr Pepper but nice try and trying to change the subject.

As long as what? As long as they keep that hidden from public view? As long as they don't insist on the right to legal marriage that everyone else has? As long as they don't hold hands in public, a completely accepted gesture among heterosexuals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies