Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 06:41 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,528,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Should this post-slavery trauma be taken into consideration when hiring blacks? I mean for jobs like airline pilots, firemen, doctors, nuclear plant technicians? We can't have psychologically damaged people in positions that could pose a danger to people.
I think in recent years it IS being taken into consideration. Hiring managers won't admit it but they're not going to hire someone who may be easily offended, be quick to play the race card, or feels that life isn't giving him his fair share.

People should step back and try and see the big picture.

Old 04-09-2019, 06:41 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,669,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
What would the therapy consist of, except for behavior modification and role-play modeling appropriate middle class behaviors?

No one today has PTSD from slavery in the US. They have learned the behaviors that need to be re-taught.

With PTSD victims, you work on remapping the brain response to trauma. This isn't that.

If the presenter in the videos is correct, what the current generation needs is exposure to middle class behaviors and parenting techniques.

Which, in fact, middle class Black americans could teach them.

The have PTSD...many....from complications born from being descendants of slaves. There is a lot of violence that creates stresses....that results in many feeling angry (at their lost family or friends), feeling like the too will not live very long, leading to a loss of sleep, etc.

The thing about any untreated condition is that it spawns "complications" in other areas and those complications untreated can in turn lead to other complications.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkpUyB2xgTM

Old 04-09-2019, 06:43 PM

30,001 posts, read 18,571,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
A question I always have about reparations--why doesn't anyone ever talk about reparations for Asians. Blacks became citizens with the passage of the 14th Amendment in 1868. Asians were prohibited from citizenship well into the 20th century. There was an 'Asian Exclusion Act' of 1882, and 'Geary Act' of 1892. The latter required all Asians to register and carry papers that could be demanded at any time.

There were many lynchings of Asians, and organized efforts to completely extirpate them from the US. Yet as far as I know, there is no demand even from Asians themselves for reparations. In fact just the reverse--there are still ongoing attempts to discriminate against them in college admissions because they are seen as too successful.

They don't need an excuse- they are self motivated, pro-education, and successful.

Old 04-09-2019, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I think in recent years it IS being taken into consideration. Hiring managers won't admit it but they're not going to hire someone who may be easily offended, be quick to play the race card, or feels that life isn't giving him his fair share.

People should step back and try and see the big picture.

LOL.....Whites have not wanted to HIRE blacks since slavery....unless they could exploit them. Whites have wanted blacks as FREE labor only. If we are not willing to do for free...then we are lazy. Now you are trying to act like some NEW thing is preventing whites from wanting to hire blacks....LMAO.. No....same old racism....lol....just a new justification for it.

Old 04-09-2019, 06:52 PM

30,001 posts, read 18,571,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Massive.....lol....when a group of people are used to having blacks sent to jail or killed for simply looking at them the wrong way....every act of crime by blacks against a white person is a massive assault on white humanity that needs to result in the put down of all black people. The fact of the matter is that blacks kill far more other blacks than they kill whites. Yes....we inflict our trauma upon others.....but since the people we are around the most look like us...that is who we inflict it upon.

That is true. However, blacks account for most of the crime in the US. Apparently their "wilding" and acts of violence is non-discriminating- they just commit crimes towards whoever happens to be around.

It is hilarious that one would even suggest that the deficiencies of black America is due to "PTSD". The deficiencies of black America is due to black America, no one else. A responsible adult takes responsibility, rather than seeking victimhood or begging. Perhaps it is time that black America stops blaming everyone else and looks at themselves for their shortcomings. A culture with single parent families who does not emphasize education and embraces a culture of violence and a "gangsta" life will always fail in a modern society.

Your "PTSD" contention for "slavery" is so ridiculous, it defies belief. In claiming "PTSD" you minimize and belittle people who have actually experienced traumatic events and have issues as a result, like combat veterans.

Every bum seeks a handout. The constant "demands" for reparations suggests that blacks are inferior and incapable of competing in a modern society without a handout. Here is the bad news- if black America is so incapable of assimilating and succeeding in western society, any money given to them would be blown in one big spending spree. Then there would be demands for more reparations.

What happens to a pan-handler when you start giving them money? Do they ever leave the street corner and get a job or just ask for more cash?

Stop embarrassing yourself. "Reparations" will never occur (in the absence of another civil war and I doubt anyone wants to die to give you money) so these fanciful wishes is exactly like people who, despite the odds, are convinced they will win the lottery.

Your "lottery" was being born in the US, rather than west Africa. I am sure, due to the color of your skin, you had far more opportunities than I did as a kid. I was born poor, but didn't have quotas or handouts- I did have the advantage of knowing that no one but me would raise my standard of living. Guess what? It works. In my medical school class, the highest ranking black student admitted had worse grades and MCATs than the worst white kid admitted. And that is not reparations?

Old 04-09-2019, 06:53 PM

35,521 posts, read 17,797,712 times
Quote:
Right....but you specifically said "Directly linked". She never said that current generations are experiencing PTSD directly....but then you offered your disagreement with the direct link....but no one ever made a direct link.

Now...I am not advocating this person....but some of what he says is also true and its born from the same transference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBbkCUhvrrE
After having watched the video, I wish Brother Polight all the success in the world. Change has to come from within, it can't be forced from without. His opening a therapy clinic for black people to heal their Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome might be very effective.

If his goals are to heal the black community, and heal the young black men who seem to be a bit adrift, heal the poverty, heal the single motherhood, please, nobody stand in his way.

It is interesting that his woman is white. But anyway.

Old 04-09-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
As long as it's not cash, have at it, even though I shouldn't pay a damn dime. NOBODY on either sides of my family were in America until around 1900. They were treated like dirt when they got here, but they rose above it.

And I broke the chain of a long history of mean drunks, including one of my parents.

See? Doesn't take a lot, just a decision to do it differently.

Everything is cash bro....under capitalism. There are no freebies unless you are looking to enslave people. How are you going to pay for therapy without cash?

You got over it because white people are superior....right? Superior races get over things and since blacks can't get over the same things...without help....what does that make blacks?

Old 04-09-2019, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
After having watched the video, I wish Brother Polight all the success in the world. Change has to come from within, it can't be forced from without. His opening a therapy clinic for black people to heal their Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome might be very effective.

If his goals are to heal the black community, and heal the young black men who seem to be a bit adrift, heal the poverty, heal the single motherhood, please, nobody stand in his way.

It is interesting that his woman is white. But anyway.

His women is white....lol. Do you know who he is? This man has multiple "wives".

Old 04-09-2019, 07:01 PM

35,521 posts, read 17,797,712 times
Quote:
His women is white....lol. Do you know who he is? This man has multiple "wives".
Well, that's certainly not a point for his team.

In fact, that just made me lose hope in him. The idea of a therapy clinic seemed so very positive.

But no. He's just another successful man who juggles women from bed to bed, apparently.

And actually, I said his woman, not his women, is white.

Uninteresting. Uninspiring.

Old 04-09-2019, 07:09 PM

7,473 posts, read 3,994,925 times
Quote:
Why do you look at it like you are being punished as opposed to an opportunity to help a group of people that appear to be hurting? I mean.....would it not benefit the country of the issues with blacks could be fixed and it results in long term economic parity? Would that not be a decrease in blacks on welfare, a decrease in black crime, an increase of blacks purchasing power and spending (which would increase GDP and revenue into man white businesses)? If reparations were to produce a long term return on investment....like the Marshall Plan for Europe or how we helped Japan after Japan attacked the US and how we helped Germany after Germany attacked our allies.....yet, you are not willing to help the people that this country attacked?

That sounds to me like a person wants to see black people in a struggling position.
your already getting "reparations"...…………………..

https://www.deception.news/2019-03-2...re-hoaxes.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies