Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2019, 09:23 AM

45,680 posts, read 23,807,000 times

Advertisements

Candace Owens goes where the money is.

She was anti-Trump until he was elected to office..than she switched to pro-conservative, pro-Trump just like that.

She's a political pundit entertainer that is cashing in and doing it well.

The fact she was chosen to be the voice of the Republican party shows how far they are from their original mandate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 09:23 AM

23,653 posts, read 17,408,504 times
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/...V8xB413Wmp6IZY

Candace Owens: Democrats Put on ‘Ultimate Display of Cowardice’ at Congressional Hearing

“An ultimate act of cowardice,” responded Owens, giving her take on one particular moment from the hearing, “The idea that he tried to create a narrative and just think that his constituents, that the American people are so stupid, that they are not going to go pursue the full context of what we were talking about.”

“And instead, [Lieu] tries to pretend like I jumped on a stage one day and launched into a defense of a homicidal maniac who murdered six million Jews,” continued Owens, “It was disgusting, but it did him a great disservice, because, let me tell you — [people] realize now — the length that they’re willing to go to smear anybody, especially a black conservative.”
“And it’s really interesting,” added Kirk, “Ted Lieu not giving you a chance to respond? How fitting. It’s the ‘guilty until proven innocent,’ right? No cross-examination, no capacity to defend yourself — it would be one thing if he played that, and then he would say, ‘Ms. Owens, what would you like to say about that?’ Instead, he plays the clip and then he just moves on.”

Kirk then recalled the moment that followed, which ended up creating one of the many viral moments shared and viewed by millions on the internet.
And then, my favorite part is that one of the Republican congressmen — God bless him — who gave you his time, right? He’s like, ‘Ms. Owens, I think you should be allowed to respond to this.’ And then, I’m paraphrasing here, but you said something along the lines of, ‘Ted Lieu thinks black people are stupid,’ and then congressman Nadler, who just woke up from his nap, says, ‘the witness will not call another member of the committee stupid,’ and you didn’t say that. You actually said he thinks other people are stupid, and then, the greatest moment of the whole hearing, is Nadler just kind of shrugs.
“Yeah, and it’s funny — suddenly [Rep. Nadler] got all gavel happy,” laughed Owens, as she recalled the instance, “He just wanted to say something to me, because I had earlier said to him that he exhibits anti-black bias.”
Owens then went on to talk about another congressman, Rep. David Cicilline (D-RI), who had also acted unprofessionally by calling her “despicable,” and then left the hearing.

“Of course, after he calls me despicable, he leaves,” said Owens, “He doesn’t give me a chance to respond — because they’re all cowards — they say that they want to lift up minority voices, not mine. They say that the want to ‘hashtag believe women,’ apparently not me. People need to realize that.”
“They don’t care about Jewish people,” continued Owens, “They say that they care about antisemitism and that they’re allies with Israel, well — why would you ever make a mockery of what [Jews] lived through by trying to pretend, or create a narrative about me, a black woman, that flew eighteen hours — for the [Jerusalem] embassy opening, that none of them attended?”
Owens then talked about why she believes the fear-mongering perpetrated by the Democrats is a “preview” to the narrative that she expects the Democrat Party will push during the 2020 election.

“This is the Democrat 2020 preview, this is all they’ve got now,” affirmed Owens, “They tried the Russian collusion thing, they tried saying our president was a racist, look what he’s done for black America. What else are they going to do? Drum up more fear. They’re going to take this as far as they can possibly go.”
“We just watched for two years, the entire Russia collusion hoax just fell apart,” stated Owens, “and these guys — they’re changing and looking at a new narrative — white nationalism, white supremacy. I have to say, just looking at them [at Tuesday’s hearing], they just all seemed so pathetic to me.”
Kirk had also noted a moment during the testimony in which Owens spoke about the “all-white” Antifa gang that had harassed Kirk and Owens out of a breakfast establishment in Philadelphia last August, and about how the mainstream media had remained silent on the incident.
“I wanted to show that in this committee,” said Owens, “that there’s this tremendous double standard, and the reason that this double standard exists is because they don’t care about race. Democrats don’t care about black people, we’re just pawns in a game for them to gain political power for themselves.”
Kirk ended the radio interview by expressing his sentiments about what he believes is next for Owens.
“I honestly believe you are a harbinger revolutionary,” said Kirk to Owens, “you are at the beginning stages of what’s going to be one of the greatest political realignments in American history, where black people no longer have to be Democrats — you are breaking this ridiculous backwards leftist programming.”
You can follow Alana Mastrangelo on Twitter at @ARmastrangelo and on Instagram.
PoliticsRadioTechCandace OwensCharlie KirkHouse Judiciary CommitteeJerry Nadlerted lieuTPUSATurning Point USA

Old 04-11-2019, 09:55 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,372,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
There was no need to ask her about the video or to respond to her. He played her words and she had to own them, there was no need for discussion. What he did was demonstrate to the Republicans who the person was who they had invited to speak, and the mission was accomplished

CO will continue to be ignored by most people because it's clear that she has a negative agenda to peddle towards Democrats. Her rhetoric is helping the Democrats. The response of many black leaders after her testimony says actually that.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:56 AM

45,680 posts, read 23,807,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post

CO will continue to be ignored by most people because it's clear that she has a negative agenda to peddle towards Democrats. Her rhetoric is helping the Democrats. The response of many black leaders after her testimony said actually that.
No she's being ignored because she has no integrity.

The only reason you support her now -- not because she has a proven record blah blah -- is because in 2017 she jumped ship to the pro-Trump agenda.

: smack:

Old 04-11-2019, 10:02 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,372,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
No she's being ignored because she has no integrity.

The only reason you support her now -- not because she has a proven record blah blah -- is because in 2017 she jumped ship to the pro-Trump agenda.

: smack:
Yep, no integrity that was apart of the many posts I added about her lies.

I don't support her.
Did you miss my multiple posts of her lies?

Old 04-11-2019, 01:52 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,022,408 times
Of course you provide no support for her alleged 'attacks'. But, assuming what you type is true, do not all people have a right, an opportunity to

E V O L V E ? Even, recently evolved conservatives?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I am not a Democrat but I despise them. I despise them for being a pawn for conservatives to use. Often they aren't even that convincing. Candice Owens for instance was not always a conservative and this was an easy find. It is so funny that people who were attacked by Owens in 2015, are defending her now. I wonder how many Democrats and liberals think this is the problem rather than just "hating on 'Uncle Toms'" as conservatives think.

Old 04-11-2019, 02:08 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,453,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
There was no need to ask her about the video or to respond to her. He played her words and she had to own them, there was no need for discussion. What he did was demonstrate to the Republicans who the person was who they had invited to speak, and the mission was accomplished
So context means absolutely nothing to you? You would have no problem with someone taking a portion of what you said, out of a five minute statement, and using it against you? You wouldn't think anyone should ask you about it?

For example, if you ever said something like, 'People unfairly think poorly of the police. Cops are always violent against black people. They plant drugs and bust them. Cops are shady. But those kind of cops represent a small number of police.' You wouldn't have a problem if you were later quoted as saying, 'Cops are always violent against black people. They plant drugs and bust them. Cops are shady.'

Weren't you a cop? Is this something you'd do while on the job?

Old 04-11-2019, 06:11 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,720,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
So context means absolutely nothing to you? You would have no problem with someone taking a portion of what you said, out of a five minute statement, and using it against you? You wouldn't think anyone should ask you about it?

For example, if you ever said something like, 'People unfairly think poorly of the police. Cops are always violent against black people. They plant drugs and bust them. Cops are shady. But those kind of cops represent a small number of police.' You wouldn't have a problem if you were later quoted as saying, 'Cops are always violent against black people. They plant drugs and bust them. Cops are shady.'

Weren't you a cop? Is this something you'd do while on the job?
I agree and I'm not quite sure this happened here. She was off on the idea that most hate crimes aren't tied to white nationalists. Also what I find hilarious is that nobody says boo about my several posts and others that show she was NOT always a Republican and mocked many of the modern day conservatives who champion her.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:43 PM

34,258 posts, read 19,218,282 times
This person has a lawsuit against her landlord where she alleges she has “an inability to think clearly,” due to a exposure to mold recently. By her own claim she cannot think clearly. Why does her opinion matter then?

Old 04-11-2019, 07:00 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,228,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I am not a Democrat but I despise them. I despise them for being a pawn for conservatives to use. Often they aren't even that convincing. Candice Owens for instance was not always a conservative and this was an easy find. It is so funny that people who were attacked by Owens in 2015, are defending her now. I wonder how many Democrats and liberals think this is the problem rather than just "hating on 'Uncle Toms'" as conservatives think.
I know very little about her, but what she said in her testimony about Democrats I find in general to be spot on through personal experiences being a Conservative with a Democratic family and Democratic friends/acquaintances. I’ve never met a group of people so racists, Lol. I blame left wing media for brainwashing them to hate anyone outside Democratic beliefs. Good thing I’m cool and take everything with a grain of salt. I don’t let politics dictate or influence my life. I don’t mind talking politics online with a bunch of strangers, but it isn’t allowed at home at the dinner table.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies