Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 10:57 AM

30,164 posts, read 23,560,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
$1 billion stolen from the income of the American people.

All taxation is theft.
You're going to get stolen from either way. You want something out of that, or would you prefer that we swing the door wide open and pay for even more illegals?

I get it, but you have to face reality of what is going on, right now. Complaining about taxes in every other post does not make taxes stop. It's not going to stop. I think it's also theft, but if I get a wall out of it to stop illegals so I don't have to pay as many taxes, then I'll choose the wall over paying for illegals to live here.

Those are your choices right here, right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 10:59 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,711,914 times
This feaux national emergency thing is going to come in real handy when the Dems take back the presidency and senate in 2020. We'll declare a national emergency for the healthcare crisis, implement Medicare for All, and be done with it. Thanks, Republicans!

Old 04-10-2019, 11:00 AM

28,395 posts, read 16,265,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Lame just plain lame. This is the wall that was approved by congress back in 2006. Trump wasn't even president back then.
You mean the fence that was 95%+ complete before Trump was elected? That fence?

Old 04-10-2019, 11:04 AM

18,642 posts, read 7,488,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The Department of Defense has awarded nearly $1 billion in contracts to two companies for construction related to a wall along the southern border, the first such contracts to be awarded since President Trump declared a national emergency.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pe...nds/ar-BBVMkXF
The Dept of Defense's primary job is to protect the United States from invasion by hostile foreigners.

That's exactly what they are doing.

Finally.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:13 AM

62,569 posts, read 28,756,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
You mean the fence that was 95%+ complete before Trump was elected? That fence?
Only 35 miles of the good double barriers were completed and 700 miles were supposed to be the same but weren't. Whatever else was erected was flimsy fencing that could be breached and this is what Trump wants fixed.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:16 AM

62,569 posts, read 28,756,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
It was called the "National Secure Fence Act" of 2006.

Key word here is "Fence".
Fence was just the terminology used to name the bill (probably used instead of wall because it sounded more PC). In its contents it was to be for double barriers along 700 miles of the most porous areas of our border not mere fencing.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:16 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,091,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
We kind of already do pay for roads and repairs, around here they WASTE money every year, fixing sections of road that do not need fixing, just to ensure they keep getting that money every year!
That's how government does things.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:19 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,091,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You're going to get stolen from either way. You want something out of that, or would you prefer that we swing the door wide open and pay for even more illegals?

I get it, but you have to face reality of what is going on, right now. Complaining about taxes in every other post does not make taxes stop. It's not going to stop. I think it's also theft, but if I get a wall out of it to stop illegals so I don't have to pay as many taxes, then I'll choose the wall over paying for illegals to live here.

Those are your choices right here, right now.
That's a hell of a defeatist attitude. It's like telling a woman she's just gonna get raped anyway, so she should just choose how and where.

I'm more concerned with the property rights of the landowners along the border than anything else regarding this issue. I've stated before that I would fully support the use of deadly force against any government agents who come to confiscate their property.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:21 AM

2,393 posts, read 2,960,619 times
Funds diverted from where? What other important projects will not get done?

Old 04-10-2019, 11:27 AM

8,326 posts, read 4,303,904 times
Funny thing is, the next President that disagrees with all of Trumps nonsense can undo all his crap, including taking down any wall he might actually get built.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies