Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2019, 06:33 PM

1,065 posts, read 597,897 times

Advertisements

Post 160: That's a logical response. Both perspectives assume time stands still - that parents change their mind during a pregnancy or that second parents won't get divorced or have cancer or get re-married.

Last edited by Middletwin; 04-12-2019 at 07:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2019, 06:37 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Thing View Post
Words have actual meaning. Pro-choice doesn’t mean pro-abortion. It means being in support of making your choices based on what you want and believe. More importantly, it means allowing others to make their own choices based on their own belief system.
You don't actually believe that, do you

Old 04-12-2019, 06:38 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Pro choice means pro abortion.

Because it means you support abortion. You are OK if abortion happens. You don't want abortions to stop.

Pro abortion.

Pretty simple.
No, it doesn't.

It means pro-choice.

I have a very complicated perspective on this, but it's like this:

Mothers who are carrying babies that will surely not survive to delivery need to have the option of aborting.

Mothers who are carrying babies who will likely survive birth and several years of life but will have zero quality of life need to have the option of aborting.

Mothers who have been raped deserve the option of aborting the resulting baby.

The state can NOT say, it's ok to abort a sick child but not a healthy one, as sick babies are of no value.

The state can NOT say, it's ok to abort a child who was conceived in rape, as those children aren't worth of our protection.

Ergo. The state has to step out of the way, and allow the mother to make a choice. Anything else is too awful to contemplate. The state can NOT look at the baby, say it's healthy, you have to carry it. This one over here, you don't have to carry it, dispose of it as you will. We can't go there.

Hopefully, that will be done early in the pregnancy. Or sometimes, in the case where a baby is found to have only a brain stem, and no skull, later in pregnancy, and yes, I do know someone who was very pro-life who had to make that decision.

The state can NOT place a value on the life of a baby, and say a sick one is of no value, and a child of rape is of no value. But we can all empathize with mothers who face that difficult decision, and they need the option.

Old 04-12-2019, 06:44 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,137,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I really do not want to be pigeonholed like this. I get that you need to place me somewhere in your mind, but this isn't the spot for me. Pro-choice to me (and when we're talking about me I'm the only one who counts here), means I'm okay with the choices others are making. I'm not okay with them. There is NO good reason that almost half the women seeking abortions have had multiple abortions. I'm not okay with that. The fact that I'm not sticking my nose in their business doesn't mean I'm okay with what they're doing.

I'm pro-some-choice. That's as far as I'll go. Period, end of story.
Youre in the grey. Theres nothing wrong with that. But you know how it is around here, some people need to feel some kind of control, to make themselves feel superior, and because of that only see in black and white for their agenda. You dont need to explain yourself to people like that. You have a reasonable position, dont let the crazies cohearse you into explaining yourself multiple times. You know how it goes dealing with them.

Old 04-12-2019, 06:45 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Youre in the grey. Theres nothing wrong with that. But you know how it is around here, some people need to feel some kind of control, to make themselves feel superior, and because of that only see in black and white for their agenda. You dont need to explain yourself to people like that. You have a reasonable position, dont let the crazies cohearse you into explaining yourself multiple times. You know how it goes dealing with them.
I completely agree.

People with no empathy and no emotion live in black and white.

Every thing else is grey.

Old 04-12-2019, 06:59 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Was the baby consulted?
Why do you feel so strongly that the unborn baby must always have more rights than the mother?

Old 04-12-2019, 07:41 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
That is not true. At all. Being pro choice means you support people making their own choices...even if you are opposed to the choice they made. Period.
Everyone I know who says they are pro-choice has no problem with what other people do. If they want an abortion they should have an abortion. It's up to them and doesn't bother the pro-choice people I know.

For the third or fourth time - I do care what other people are doing. I'm not in that group. And I don't know anyone besides myself who is pro-life but says my beliefs aren't the beliefs of everyone.

It disturbs me greatly. I feel they're taking a life. That I'm not willing to impose my feelings and beliefs on others does not make me pro-choice no matter what you say.

I'm not the topic here, by the way.

Old 04-12-2019, 07:43 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Yep, I know how it is around here alright. You're either A or B. If you don't fit into either A or B we'll force you into the hole we think you belong in anyway.

Thank you, my friend. As always....you're the voice of reason.

Old 04-13-2019, 02:58 AM

1,705 posts, read 538,250 times
Allright..

If the child life is more important then the women life your Christian Taliban regime..

And she has to give birth, she should give away the child without any concern.

The Male, would be required to pay for the insurance for the woman for LIFE, for ANY complications that might come out of childbirth. And a extra 10% tax on all of his income for 20 years, to pay for the child they just gave up.

Republicans LOVE to put ALL of the responsibility on the Women.. because they secretly want a Christian Taliban Theocracy, where females are just below a Donkey in worth!

Old 04-13-2019, 05:34 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Quote:
Your post above is a very obvious straw man argument.

That is not what we’re talking about here. We’re talking about people being able to make decisions about their own bodies. That is what I support.
Explain how a woman having her baby shredded and suctioned from her womb while her body is still intact is "her own body". Her body still remains intact and functional so she did nothing to "her own body". She still has all her parts while the baby's parts are in a waste bin waiting to be sold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies