Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 03:07 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Sure, if making half the country hate him with the fire of a thousand suns is genius. Trump and his supporters have made hating the other half of the country their reason for existence. He goes to his rallies and tells them all how much they hate the other side. And when the tables turn, as they invariably do, those same Trump supporters are going to be shocked that Democrats take the same delight in angering them.

It used to be about a policy. It's not any more, now it's about how much one can anger the other side. Ultimately the anger will progressively increase until the country breaks apart. Hopefully it will be amicable.
The hate started coming from the left, oh, about 10:30pm on 11/9/16 when it became clear that Hillary was not going to win the election. Quit blaming Trump !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 03:50 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
The hate started coming from the left, oh, about 10:30pm on 11/9/16 when it became clear that Hillary was not going to win the election. Quit blaming Trump !
The hate started coming from the right the moment Obama was elected President,it is ongoing to this day. As for hate for trump? he calls the free press the scum of the earth and fake news,he calls the American justice system corrupt,he calls any one who disagrees with him an enemy of the people, he lies so much you cant trust anything he says as reliably factual, some good reasons to not like the man.

Old 04-16-2019, 04:17 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Causing chaos and promoting confusion.
accurate description of left leaning MSM

Old 04-16-2019, 05:12 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Sure, if making half the country hate him with the fire of a thousand suns is genius. Trump and his supporters have made hating the other half of the country their reason for existence. He goes to his rallies and tells them all how much they hate the other side. And when the tables turn, as they invariably do, those same Trump supporters are going to be shocked that Democrats take the same delight in angering them.

It used to be about a policy. It's not any more, now it's about how much one can anger the other side. Ultimately the anger will progressively increase until the country breaks apart. Hopefully it will be amicable.

Ya know, if Dems hate him so much, it seems kind of odd that they're seemingly doing just about everything that can to guarantee he gets reelected..

Old 04-16-2019, 05:16 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Congrats Bawac for a good thoughtful post.

That is one of his strengths. Being able to talk TO the people is a huge advantage that many people don't seem to have. You and I live in middle America and it seems like many Politicians from both Coasts do not have this skill. It's more of a midwest, southern think where you connect with the people.

That was my complaint with Obama. He lectured and talked down to people.

I remember a time when Democrats were dead set against the notion of legislating morality.

Turns out they were fine with legislating morality......as long as it's their version of morality.

Old 04-16-2019, 05:30 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
[/color]

I've watched umpteen times that Obama has spoken, and not once did I detect any of the talking down to people you mention. Sure, he had positive, strong positions on things, as any intelligent leader should have, but if anyone was just like the guy next door, it was Obama. He is about as down to earth as any man I have met in my life.
You must have missed his hundreds of speeches such as his "You didn't build that" speech where he lectured.

Obama was the master of ridicule leandcturing when he talked.

Old 04-16-2019, 06:32 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,218,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Congrats Bawac for a good thoughtful post.

That is one of his strengths. Being able to talk TO the people is a huge advantage that many people don't seem to have. You and I live in middle America and it seems like many Politicians from both Coasts do not have this skill. It's more of a midwest, southern think where you connect with the people.

That was my complaint with Obama. He lectured and talked down to people.
If you think that Obama talked down to people, I think that says more about you than it does about Obama.

If you think that Trump's incoherent babble, which resembles some old drunk on a barstool yelling at the TV, is talking to you, then that also says something about you.

The idea that 40% of the country thinks that the malevolent moron in the White House is a great president is absolutely frightening.

Old 04-16-2019, 07:14 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,663,106 times
In the game of politics, one needs to have a 50 percent approval or close.

Trump has been in the low 40's, lower than any POTUS in modern history, for his entire term.

If that's good politics, we are in backwards world again.

He is good at adding together the ignorant, the deplorables and the misinformed into one voting bloc.

In his bad times, GWB had 30+ percentage. That was after two wars, lots of dead and wounded Americans and a complete shambles of the Presidency. Trump has 10 points more and he's a genius???

Old 04-17-2019, 02:10 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,669,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
If you think that Obama talked down to people, I think that says more about you than it does about Obama.

If you think that Trump's incoherent babble, which resembles some old drunk on a barstool yelling at the TV, is talking to you, then that also says something about you.

The idea that 40% of the country thinks that the malevolent moron in the White House is a great president is absolutely frightening.
You SAID IT!!

Old 04-17-2019, 02:35 AM

33,309 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
In the game of politics, one needs to have a 50 percent approval or close.

Trump has been in the low 40's, lower than any POTUS in modern history, for his entire term.

If that's good politics, we are in backwards world again.

He is good at adding together the ignorant, the deplorables and the misinformed into one voting bloc.

In his bad times, GWB had 30+ percentage. That was after two wars, lots of dead and wounded Americans and a complete shambles of the Presidency. Trump has 10 points more and he's a genius???
Do you lump well educated higher income people who only voted for Trump because they wanted a better chance at paying less in taxes (than with Hillary) in with/as the deplorables ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies