Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2019, 11:14 AM

22,469 posts, read 11,986,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
When did you decide to become an open borders advocate? And you call me leftist - I'm not the one advocating for de-facto open borders, that would be you.
Now, that's really twisted thinking on your part, zzz. I understand. You live in a sanctuary city/jurisdiction and the whole idea of being flooded with these people has you in a tizzy. On paper, you love the idea of sanctuary jurisdictions but when it looks like it's going to be happening for real, you are now freaked out by it.

Again, for the umpteenth time, catch and release has been happening for years. It didn't bother you when previous administrations were doing this. In fact, I bet you didn't utter so much as a peep. If I had to guess, when those of us who are against illegal immigration spoke out against catch and release, you joined the crowd of pro-illegals in calling us vile things like "racist" "xenophobes" "haters", etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 11:16 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
You are assuming that they would spread to the rest of the nation uniformly. That is not true. The illegals will stay where they get the most support and have the least threat of deportation.
Didn't stop them at the US border why would it stop them at state borders where security is much weaker if not non-existent.

Quote:
If the illegals moved to areas which enforce federal law (non-sanctuary cities), they would be deported. If they remain mostly in sanctuary cities, they will be "safe". It is simple common sense.
Doesn't stop them from moving to those places now, why do you think a free bus ticket will change it?

Old 04-16-2019, 11:16 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,136,596 times
He wanted open borders all along.

That's why he didn't bother with logical solutions, instead jumping straight to tactics that were only effective at generating controversy.

Now he has an excuse to reveal his true open borders self, on the premise that he's doing it to stop illegal immigration.

Had he taken more logical routes, they might have been effective, and the Democrat-in-disguise would never have gotten the uncontrolled illegal migration he truly wanted.

Old 04-16-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Now, that's really twisted thinking on your part, zzz. I understand. You live in a sanctuary city/jurisdiction and the whole idea of being flooded with these people has you in a tizzy.
Wrong.

Quote:
On paper, you love the idea of sanctuary jurisdictions but when it looks like it's going to be happening for real, you are now freaked out by it.
Wrong.

Quote:
Again, for the umpteenth time, catch and release has been happening for years. It didn't bother you when previous administrations were doing this. In fact, I bet you didn't utter so much as a peep. If I had to guess, when those of us who are against illegal immigration spoke out against catch and release, you joined the crowd of pro-illegals in calling us vile things like "racist" "xenophobes" "haters", etc.
Catching and releasing inside the country is a terrible idea, I would have always said so. If you were against it then why are you for it now? You have no consistent logically derived position you only have sycophantry.

Old 04-16-2019, 11:21 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,529,645 times
Would Trumps resort Mar-a-Lago be considered a sanctuary city?

Old 04-16-2019, 11:21 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,629 times
You guys are conflating border crossing with illegals already here just so you can rant "orange man bad! Pretty silly. Lol.

Old 04-16-2019, 11:22 AM

22,469 posts, read 11,986,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
It's funny because I've never really advocated for or against immigration policy, I work in a high skill, high experience field and it has very little impact on my actual life, job prospects, or whatever. Also don't see a flophouse going up in my neighborhood either.

What I do have a problem with is illogical and harmful policy based on literally nothing other than petty vindictiveness.

But go ahead - keep on cheering for the importation of millions of additional illegals into the country, you guys are so desperate to "own der libs" that you'd cut your own damn arm off if you thought it would make 'em mad.
Don't get too smug about your "high skill, high experience field". Many like you have been displaced by H1-Bs --- and they all thought like you that their job was safe.

Again, you are twisting what is happening with those so-called asylum seekers to fit your warped agenda.

Once again---catch and release has been happening for years. Yet not a peep from you about it in the past. If catch and release is going to continue, then why not give the sanctuary jurisdictions what they wanted? After all, they did announce that they welcomed illegals. Why you can't wrap your head around all of this, I don't know.

You really are afraid of your city being inundated, are you? Well...you should have known---careful! you just might get what you wished for.

As for flophouses on your street --- many of us thought it would never happen on our streets, too. Don't be so sure it won't happen on yours. Or are you living in a McMansion in a gated community? If so, hope the security is top notch!

Old 04-16-2019, 11:22 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,124,869 times
Quote:
You are assuming that they would spread to the rest of the nation uniformly. That is not true. The illegals will stay where they get the most support and have the least threat of deportation.

If the illegals moved to areas which enforce federal law (non-sanctuary cities), they would be deported. If they remain mostly in sanctuary cities, they will be "safe". It is simple common sense.

A few will migrate to conservative areas, but most will stay put where they get handouts and will not be deported.

As this is an issue that will face America for a very long period of time, it is time that the situation be "brought to a head" and faced one way or another. If libs really want illegals, they will have to pay the price for their beliefs in a disproportionate fashion relative to the rest of the country in the form of crime, destroying their school systems, and bankrupting the local healthcare system.

It's time to put up, or shut up. If the libs don't want this, then support measures to stop illegals and stop playing political games.
Issue is, top Dem leadership wants to have all the good but not the bad. To them the good is, promote their voter base. Bad is the crime, disease and financial burden. So they basically want to bring in all these south of the boarder illegals for voter base gain. They don't need voter base gains in cities where they already have enough anti-republican sediment. So they want to ship these illegals to parts that need voter base gain.

With these illegals being sent to sanctuary cities only, Top Dem leadership does not gain anything from it.

Old 04-16-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Don't get too smug about your "high skill, high experience field". Many like you have been displaced by H1-Bs --- and they all thought like you that their job was safe.

Again, you are twisting what is happening with those so-called asylum seekers to fit your warped agenda.

Once again---catch and release has been happening for years. Yet not a peep from you about it in the past. If catch and release is going to continue, then why not give the sanctuary jurisdictions what they wanted? After all, they did announce that they welcomed illegals. Why you can't wrap your head around all of this, I don't know.

You really are afraid of your city being inundated, are you? Well...you should have known---careful! you just might get what you wished for.

As for flophouses on your street --- many of us thought it would never happen on our streets, too. Don't be so sure it won't happen on yours. Or are you living in a McMansion in a gated community? If so, hope the security is top notch!
Yawn - no capacity for a reasoned response or answer(granted this is expected with the conflicted policy belief of "No catch and release!! but oh yea ok lets have catch and release"), nothing but weak troll attempts, were done here.

Old 04-16-2019, 11:24 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,210,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
The thing is, and what the right really doesn't want to acknowledge, the crisis is not illegals, it's refugee applicants.

Conservatives understand that perfectly. It's why Trump has tried repeatedly - blocked by liberal judges - to require applicants to be at a legal port of entry and to remain in Mexico pending application review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies