Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 12:31 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times

Advertisements

So one of Ilhan Omar’s people threw a white kid off of a 3 story ledge and it’s hardly news anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2019, 12:37 PM

19,721 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Guy should be shot.

Old 04-13-2019, 12:42 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
And if he was just snatched from family like that. There are so many crazy people that walk among us. My biggest fear is to have some crazy person push any of my kids off the subway platform. I hold my daughters hand so tight.
I don't blame you. We've seen adults pushed, too.

I think I worry more about the nuts in the world where my adult children are concerned than I did when they were small. It's like people are taking some crazy pills making them hostile and aggressive. They're everywhere.

Old 04-13-2019, 12:45 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
So one of Ilhan Omar’s people threw a white kid off of a 3 story ledge and it’s hardly news anywhere.
What the hell do you mean by this. One the guy clearly isn't Somali his last name is Spanish, and his middle name is African American, and his first name is General American/English.

Clearly he isn't Somali, so putting Omar's name is just being facetious or being plain ignorant, and even if he was how is this her fault or any Somali's fault. I'm assuming your white but it would be akin to me saying "Your People are Adolf Hitler, Stalin and The New Zealand Shooter". So this is your people, how come your not going to the news media to apologize for your people.

This is an obviously disgusting attack, but if I were you I would delete this disgusting comment as well. Hopefully this prompts legislators to do more, especially with things like "mall banning" and mental health, they seem like the most useless thing ever, I personally have been acquainted with someone who was banned from a mall for 6 months for getting into a fight, and he still showed up in the mall to hang out with his friends during that 6 month ban. In fact the last time I saw this acquaintance was at that very mall where he was watching a movie.

Old 04-13-2019, 12:46 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
So sad

The article says the man has a lengthy history of mental problems.

Old 04-13-2019, 12:56 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Quote:
Why do you try so hard to spread fake information and create a false narrative?

I searched "mall of America" in Twitter and ALL the major news pages ran a story on it: MSNBC, Fox News, CNN. Both the Washington Post and New York Post have articles on it.

EVERYONE is covering this tragic story, both conservative and liberal news outlets.

So why make up lies?

Old 04-13-2019, 01:07 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
Quote:
Unless this guy was documented of supporting Ms. Omar, that is merely speculation you wrote and a disgusting one. That said, I am not stranger to saying racist and sexist remarks.

Old 04-13-2019, 01:09 PM

59 posts, read 43,995 times
Please keep this little boy in your prayers. Reported at 1:30pm CST from the Minneapolis Star Tribune:

The boy’s family lives in Woodbury. A family friend who set up a GoFundMe page to help with the boy’s medical expenses said early Saturday afternoon that his parents are not yet ready to comment publicly. The boy, whose first name is Landen, is in stable condition, “still very much with us and fighting,” he said in a Facebook message.

Organizers wrote on Landen’s GoFundMe page that he is “the sweetest kindest 5 year old you will ever meet. His soul is soft and gentle and instantly brings a smile to everybody he meets.” Within two hours of the page’s creation, donations had rocketed past organizers’ initial goal of $50,000.

Old 04-13-2019, 01:10 PM

18 posts, read 13,725 times
Quote:
You have proof he's Somali? Please post it. I haven't even found a report of whether he was born in the US or Neptune. Or was this post trying to stir the pot?

Old 04-13-2019, 01:12 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,631 posts, read 17,968,125 times
I can't find a source that the child has died.

OP - can you post it?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-13-2019 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: off topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies