Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 10:54 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,888,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
I am going by what they have on the website:

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/hra/help/h...-services.page
As others mentioned, it is kind of ridiculous why this completely treatable disease is singled out. I understand having this program back in the 80s and 90s, but nowadays people with HIV can live perfectly normal lives. There are plenty of other very serious debilitating diseases that have no cure/treatment that do not get these preferential benefits. The only thing people with HIV should qualify for is free medical treatment for their ailment.
Nah. It is not that easy, for the virus AND the medication, affects people in different ways, because of its different strains. When one gets HIV often times they get other illnesses or infections with it. The medications to treat HIV/AIDS are NEW so the doctors can’t predict its long term health effects
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2019, 11:06 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,227,486 times
HIV/AIDs mystifies me. None of them die nor are they sick. Most of them are able-bodied people, not the slightest bit handicapped. There are even people who claim that they've never taken the meds and look totally fine and have never been sick in 20 some odd going on 30 years.

Magic Johnson looks like he must have just sweat it out or something.

No, I don't think they should be entitled to live for free just because they're HIV positive.

Old 04-17-2019, 08:10 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Agreed. Then when the economy slows down to a halt, liberals can blame trump again.

Until then, everyone needs to get everything for free.

And the MAGA screwballs can blame Hillary again.

Anyone who thinks HASA is such a hayride, should quit his job and attend an unprotected gang-bang a few times. Then he too can get on the gravy train. Easy-peasy.

Last edited by Kefir King; 04-17-2019 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: uit

Old 04-20-2019, 02:09 AM

56 posts, read 60,028 times
It's not only outdated guidelines and poilicies , it's the staff. For the most part HASA workers front bottom to the top know the gravy train their clients , and they, are riding. Much corruption . Welcome to The HASA Mafia .

Old 04-20-2019, 02:24 AM

56 posts, read 60,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
If healthcare is a universal right... what happens if everyone just decides to quit their job and go on that universal right - welfare, while collecting that universal right - food stamps and calling people with their universal right - Obama phones? Then what? Seriously... If ANY of these things are a universal right, who pays for it if everyone finally says, "I've had enough" then quits?

You do NOT have a right to demand any other person, much less every other person must work in order to pay for something simply because you've proclaimed it a right. If someone else must work in order to provide something to you for free, you don't have a right to it.
I cannot be jelious this is HIV because I have HIV AIDS myself. And I'm entitled to comment and have an opinion on how I see people who are fit taking advantage of the system you don't have to agree with me but I have the right to voice their opinion

Old 04-20-2019, 06:02 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
for the second time

listen to me and listen good

Writer’s rhetoric is alternative fact based

HASA APARTMENTS ARE NOT FREE FOR LIFE

HASA people have to pay 30% of their income to their landlord because it’s a rental subsidy

end of story
No subsidies no how. Pay up or get out.

Old 04-20-2019, 07:57 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Another one trying to point a finger, to some very sick folks, as abusers of the system, only thing he didn't say is that they were dems... sometimes- God forgive me, I wish karma hit their front doors, so they shut up already. THEY have no clue,,, even mentally and emotionally AIDS is debilitating,,, they even have to worry about anyone they shared an a ice cream with. LEAVE PEOPLE alone!

Old 04-20-2019, 08:12 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Just when I thought threads couldn't get any slimier, along comes this one. Criticizing people with HIV for receiving rental assistance? You should be ashamed of yourself, OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
View detailed profiles of: